Sign in to follow this  
RustyKurnass

A pair of dumb question...

Good day all people,

in the last days,I've start thinking  add to my game the F-100F for the Mysty FAC,but if I'm correct,the only available model is the one from YAP.

The question is,I can buy only the expansion introducing the F-100F or I need the YAP complete ( modded) game?

My other question is if are available some mod to add to the Vautour IIA the wings' outer pylons,like the IIN and IIB already have ( and the single seater will have...).

Thanks all modder for the great job and for any help!

Gianni

38 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

Good day all people,

in the last days,I've start thinking  add to my game the F-100F for the Mysty FAC,but if I'm correct,the only available model is the one from YAP.

The question is,I can buy only the expansion introducing the F-100F or I need the YAP complete ( modded) game?

I guess set3 will be enough....

are you talking about the stock 3rd Wire Vautour, or Veltro's??

10 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

I guess set3 will be enough....

Wow,this was my hope!

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

are you talking about the stock 3rd Wire Vautour, or Veltro's??

I think tha the IIA in the eburger's SF2:I Extension Pack is the 3W one.

it only has 2 wing pylons.

but, you CAN add 2 more via the 'fake pilot' method and use an existing (makeshift) pylon. I've done this many times for some of our older WW2 birds, and many others, that either didn't have them, or had severe issues with their existing ones

the question is, did the real IIA have 4 wing pylons? 

31 minutes ago, Wrench said:

it only has 2 wing pylons.

but, you CAN add 2 more via the 'fake pilot' method and use an existing (makeshift) pylon. I've done this many times for some of our older WW2 birds, and many others, that either didn't have them, or had severe issues with their existing ones

the question is, did the real IIA have 4 wing pylons? 

Absolutely yes sir,four pylons in all three versions!

I need to see some post 'bout the use of fake pilots,I'm a complete rookie about mod anything,honestly I never done nothing!

From an old geocities Vautour site I have saved

EXTERNAL LOADS

1) The Vautour had 4 under-wing hardpoints.
2) The inner two stations were stressed to a max. load of 1,500 kgs. each. The most heavy load carried was the 1,300 l' large drop tanks ( 1,250 kg. (French) or 1,300 l' (Israeli), of a gross weight, full, of ca. 1,250 kgs.
3) The outer two stations, for the IIA & IIB, were designed for a 500 kgs load each. Thus the theoretical total load under wings reached 4,000 kgs. (practical - 3,500 kgs.).

4) The Israeli Vautour IIN were fitted, according to the IAF request, with the same underwing load capacity as the IIA/IIB subtypes ( 500 kg.).

5) The experimental French IIA Tanker carried an extra 1,300 l' fuel tank under fuselage , but no other Vautours had such installations for under-fuselage load.

6) IAF Bomb Racks : The IMI (Israeli Military Industry) developed and manufactured "quadruple" racks, which enabled to lift a larger number of light/medium bombs rather than single heavy ones. These racks were used in all Israeli Vautours, on all four stations, to lift clusters of 70 kg. Runway Piercing or 100/120 kgs. HE bombs.

7). Both air forces developed improved types of external fuel tanks, of varied capacity and of aerodynamic shapes. The IAF used the IMI 600 l' capacity tank during the last period of the Vautours' service.

8) The total bomb load of the Vautour (IIA,IIB) was very impressive, not only for its time. The Vautour attacked with a 4,400 kgs. of bombs (short-range targets) and with 1,000 kgs. of bombs, targets at a distance of over 1,000 km. (lo-lo-lo profile).

9) Despite its impressive loads the Vautour had no modern fire-control devices, which made its efficiency highly dependent in the crews' skills.

gotcha! Was looking at the Wiki article myself earlier.

so..

adding the hardpoints is a nothing thing. That's easy. But some some damn dumb reason, the fake pilot pylons -- that's I've used before on IJN and USAAF airplanes aren't showing!! I must have a typo someplace...

(and I've found the hit boxes are a total mess ... I know it's an AI-only bird, but jeez...at least have them ON the component they're supposed to be. Like the pilot hit box 6 feet in front of the aircraft!! I"m correcting them too!)

I'll keep at it until I get it right!! Or have to ask for help!! :crazy:

vautour-inner pylons.JPG

• Like 1

now have the pylon showing ... nearly 2 hours to find a missing equals sign (=) in the system name listings. Wow, I feel dumb!

but the "t28" pylon I'm using is too short in the vertical and horizontal. If one uses the stock 1300 mirage tank (as is stated in the loadout ini) it encounters the flaps.

so, I might need a 3d guy to build a pylon that looks like the stock one built into the wing. But, if you don't mind not using the drop tanks, minor adjustments will make bombs and RPs fit.

vautour-pylon.JPG

Wrench,

many thanks for the help!

The new pylon isn't completely wrong,but pretty similar to the real,BUT will be in the other side of the wing fence,this is the real issue ( in reality the wing fence will be more close to the engine nacelle,but this is another story).

SLCzrN.jpg

KDVm0U.jpg

I'm pretty sure the original pylon is in the wrong place, too!!

I'm not loading fuel tanks on the "inner", so leaving the loadout as TK built it with the 1300 l tank on the outside. Like the pictures show.

bombs and rocket pods seem to fit "ok" (they're close enough for gobernment work!)

EDIT: so, the "new" pylon should go outboard of the stock one?? That's not a real problem -- just reposition the fake pilot's seat (the pylon) and adjust the weapons mounting position.

vautour-longrangestrike.JPG

got it!

vautour-outboardpylon.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

got it!

vautour-outboardpylon.JPG

That's what I mean!

Can you lead me 'bout the mod?I don't know how to move in this field...

In the meantime I've bought the YAPSet3 and installed the F-100F,the only addition required was the fuel tanks,but I simply copied the bmp image from one stock F-100 folder and added to into the textures folders but the tanks lack the upper,green color of the camo...

Edited by RustyKurnass

when I've got it finished, I"ll upload the mod with all the inis and parts (pylons and fake pilot) needed. Since I made some many corrections on the hit boxes, and of course the modified data ini, loadout ini and etc. My version uses the stock 3W Meteor F.8's cockpit, as that's the closest we've got.

I still have to add the landing/taxi lights to the front gear. And guesstimate the location for a tail light.

can't help with the YAP 100F, as I don't have it. As a stop gap, maybe just paint the whole tank green and let it go at that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

when I've got it finished, I"ll upload the mod with all the inis and parts (pylons and fake pilot) needed. Since I made some many corrections on the hit boxes, and of course the modified data ini, loadout ini and etc. My version uses the stock 3W Meteor F.8's cockpit, as that's the closest we've got.

I still have to add the landing/taxi lights to the front gear. And guesstimate the location for a tail light.

can't help with the YAP 100F, as I don't have it. As a stop gap, maybe just paint the whole tank green and let it go at that?

Hello,

I've found this interesting link about the Vautour with a lights layout plan.

http://histaero.blogspot.fr/2014/03/un-appareil-nomme-vautour-12.html

Edited by Coupi

Thanks guys!

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

I'll check my ref for the light,I'm more than happy if can help you.

Unfortunately I don't be able to work with graphic program,with brush and airbrush I can do almost anything,but in digital...

For the tanks of the Hun,if I've correctely understand from the KB,in SF2 the tanks with the correct skins will be in the skin folders or otherwise the game revert to default one right? So maybe I can change the default' tanks image?

5 hours ago, Coupi said:

Hello,

I've found this interesting link about the Vautour with a lights layout plan.

http://histaero.blogspot.fr/2014/03/un-appareil-nomme-vautour-12.html

Tnaks for the site,very useful for my future 1/72 Vautour!

1 hour ago, RustyKurnass said:

with brush and airbrush I can do almost anything,but in digital...

Sorry,I mean everything...

continuing on, I've decieded to to some tweeking on the IIN -- which badly needs the early skins (NMF and 2-tone). MInd you, these are still very much WIPs, as I'm having to create new templates.

I've also switched out the cockpit for the F-101s, as it's got the twin engine gauges, and the radar scope. The IIN is a real unique cockpit -- the pilot's radar scope seems to be in the lower right corner!. But the Voodoo's gets it 'in the ball park' (so to speak)

I'd like to thank Paulo for looking for the templates, from so long ago! 

vautour-nmf-wip.JPG

vautour-2tone-wip.JPG

vautour2n cockpit.JPG

• Like 2

Effectively,I feel the necessity of an upgraded pit for the IIN more than for the IIA...

OK,I don't want steal the thread with a total different question but also I don't want open a new discussion.

I want add to my ODS a pair of more Service in the Campaign.ini,but  loo like if 9 is the max limit.

Specifically,this the original ini:

[CampaignData]
CampaignName=19910117 Desert Storm
DataFile=DesertStorm_data.ini
CampaignMap=DS
Service001=USAF
Service002=USN
Service003=USMC
Service004=USA
Service005=RAF
Service006=Canada
Service007=France
Service008=Italy

And mine:

[CampaignData]
CampaignName=19910117 Desert Storm
DataFile=DesertStorm_data.ini
CampaignMap=DS
NavalCampaign=TRUE
Service001=USAF
Service002=USN
Service003=USMC
Service004=USA
Service005=RAF
Service006=Canada
Service007=France
Service008=Italy
Service009=Kuwait
Service010=Saudi
Force001=Coalition
Force002=Iraq

I made all the necessary change,added the TXT for the new units etc..,but in the campaign menu the Saudi Air Force don't show up,but the Kuwaiti yes.Any tips?

I searched in the KB but nothing.

check the Saudi air force in the nations.ini I have campaigns with 10 or more services, usually the fault is typographical, like two repeated numbers or skip any
Edited by Hans Topp

Ok,I've changed the ini line as suggested by Crusader and checked the Nations.ini but still nothing...I've also tried to shift place between Kuwait and SaudiArabia as Service but even this way don't work,the Kuwait Air Force is in the Campaign menu but the Saudi's no.

Can you pass me the desertstorm.ini and  the desertstorm_data.ini.....i