Sign in to follow this  
RustyKurnass

A pair of dumb question...

Good day guys;

continuing the series of dumb questions,is possible mod the stock campaigns?

'Cause my PC capability,I can't install NATO Fighter for now,so I've think to simply mod the basic Red Lightning campaign. I extracted both the campaign ini and added some new correct planes,like the Jaguar GR1 or Buccaneer S2B in place of stock F-4M,flyable F-104s and so on.

Added also some Red planes,like a pair of unit of MiG-25s from Paulo' pack,some Fitters and a pair of unit of Frogfoots.I do this by adding new units ar simply replace stock planes and skins with the new ones.

But from the campaigns menùs,I can use only the  stock TW planes and for the Red side only one Fitter unit showed in the campaign ( or to be more precise,I encountered only this new unit when playng NATO side).

What I need to do in ordere to have the new planes?

BTW,using the TW campaign editor I can play with all the model I've installed .

My game is a 5 installation full merged and patched at July 2013

to answer the basic first question, yes you can, just extract the ini's as you would for an aircraft modding. something to do with air units in the campaign and campaign data ini's, just wait and we shall both get pounced on as i think its in the knowledge base.

dumb question back at ya, if you can run full 5 merged why cant you run NATO Fighters too? suspect he answer back will have to do with hdd space, but otherwise i cant see why the mod would break your system if the game doesnt (esp with NA)

Thanks mate;

I modded the Campaign.ini and data.ini following the Migbuster thread in KB but nothing.
About NATO fighter,the problem is relative to my PC  Capacity:I've installed some different mod since I joined the site,and for some ,like ODS or NAExpPack,I've some slow down of the games and long time of loading;so before apply new mods I'll add a new HDD and replace RAM and maybe the GPU

If interested I attach the zip with the inis of both stock and my Red Lightning campaign

Red Lightning).rar

Edited by RustyKurnass

Solved also the ODS' Saudi option in  campaign.

In both the "default" Campaign .ini and DATA.ini the Saudi slot read

//***********************************************
// Saudi Air Units

Instead,will be read

// Saudi Arabia Air Units

This simple change save the day...

P.S.What I've to do to edit a my previous post?

In other site exist a simple Edit button to hit,but not there,any help will be appreciated!