Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

SF2:I 3W Vautour IIA Upgrade Pack  

SF2:I 3W Vautour IIA Upgrade Pack  

SF2:I 3W Vautour IIA Upgrade Pack              11/23/2017

= For SF2:I (or Any & All, Full-4/5 Merged Preffered) =

*Can be used in any merged install that has access to the SF2I Meteor F.8, as this cockpit is referenced for this aircraft. It is the "best, closest fit" Hence, the 'Full-5 Merged' tag is applicable*

Extensive modifications and upgrades to the stock 3W S.O.4050 Vautour IIA as used by the IDF/AF,and French Air Force. As seen on the CombatAce message boards, the aircraft gets the addition of the missing outboard wing pylons. These are attached via the 'fake pilot' method. The only disadvantage is, they are always present, even when not loaded. A fact that must be lived with. Also, as stated above, with the addition of a cockpit, the aircraft is now "Player Usable".

Many other modification have been performed, and all are listed in the "Notes" section of this readme. Loadouts have been adjusted, as have several other important statements in the data ini. All weapons used are stock 3W items, meaning they still use the UK bombs. End Users (tm) that wish to swap our to the various French bombs available in weapons packs may do. Be advised, I did =NOT= test with those, so their attachment positions -may- not match.

Even though there isn't another Vautour IIA, I've added a statement to the "displayed name", so it now reads:

Vautour IIA (3W)

This is just one of my usual "things", when more than one of the type exists.

As always, fairly easy to follow, detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them .... 

Good Hunting!

Wrench
Kevin Stein

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Here my previous flyable stock Vautur IIA for skins and historical decals

.... maybe useful .

:yikes:

• Like 2

Indeed, Paulo's decals are the bomb!! I highly reccomend his skin & decal pack!

however, the F-86D cockpit would be wrong for a non-radar equipped aircraft. OTH, the F-86F would work (if one dosen't have the Meatbox F.8 available). It's also missing some textures, but that's a very easy fix!!

While we're talking about the other Vautours, Paulo, do you still have the template for Veltro's IIN?? It could really use an NMF and the IDF Blue/Brown camo!!  :wink:

I'd be glad to do them, if you don't have time.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just an idea... we could use the Tzukit cockpit created by Stary !

- windscreen structure

- twin engine instrument

- french instrumentation

- 50's gunsight

Best regards,

Coupi.

Guys,

I use the pit provided  by eburger' SF2I ExtPack;it's quite similar after all.

The Tzukit can be a good idea,but you need to chabge also the IP cover

yTHvBg.jpg

Image inserted only for discussion purpose.Please remove it at any moment if necessary.

3IC8Ig.jpg

Replacing or repositioning some gauges and the pit will be even better.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wrench said:

Indeed, Paulo's decals are the bomb!! I highly reccomend his skin & decal pack!

however, the F-86D cockpit would be wrong for a non-radar equipped aircraft. OTH, the F-86F would work (if one dosen't have the Meatbox F.8 available). It's also missing some textures, but that's a very easy fix!!

While we're talking about the other Vautours, Paulo, do you still have the template for Veltro's IIN?? It could really use an NMF and the IDF Blue/Brown camo!!  :wink:

I'd be glad to do them, if you don't have time.

I'll take a look but I think no. Anyway they are made for old Veltro's Vautours .... new one would need a new dress! But I've not time to skin :smile:

4 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

Guys,

I use the pit provided  by eburger' SF2I ExtPack;it's quite similar after all.

The Tzukit can be a good idea,but you need to chabge also the IP cover

Image inserted only for discussion purpose.Please remove it at any moment if necessary.

3IC8Ig.jpg

More here :

http://www.pyperpote.tonsite.biz/pages/vautour_634pag.html

Replacing or repositioning some gauges and the pit will be even better.

The point is the gunsight, which is fairly small :

cockpit_vautour__1__00_2.jpg

Edited by jeanba
fixed order of pictures

I never gave much thought to the Vautour in the past. Might have to give it a go in a campaign now.

7 hours ago, Viggen said:

I never gave much thought to the Vautour in the past. Might have to give it a go in a campaign now.

I like it for"6 days war" or the "War for the Water" campaigns

Anyway, I tested the Fouga Magister pit, and some reposionning are requires (higher, forward)

Edited by jeanba