Geezer

Fighting The Flying Circus

Heck and VonS have been very helpful with file development, and are considering more comprehensive data and info packs for the Fighting The Flying Circus concept.  Speaking of which, the Nieuports 17/24/28 will have some really colorful opponents. 

Composite-3.jpg

• Like 6

Great stuff gents' - wonderful to see large scale modding for FE2 happening! I'm also tweaking the Camels further to include some of their flight peculiarites, also the Nieu. 11 is receiving an overhaul - since it was too "numb" in its earlier FM versions, and have corrected an obscure error with Cydc airfoil values that were missing for some of the ailerons on the Nieu. 16 types. Will include these fixes and previous ones for the Nieu. 28 and 24bis in a ver. 9.1 of the FM update pack, and will also try to get the FMs done for the Pup and Tripehound from A-Team for that update pack, including more varieties of observation balloon colors and realistic heights. It'll be a special edition of the FM update pack called "Camels, Pups and Gasbags."

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

img00003.JPG

• Like 4

Some progress and reference shots.

oEV9b.jpg

test-10.jpg

test-14.jpg

nieuport_n28-c-1_usarmyairservice_n4123a_nasmudvarhazy14_04.jpg

• Like 4

Also making good progress on the Halberstadts. 

test-16.jpg

test-14.jpg

test-15.jpg

• Like 4

Got started mapping the Nieuport 28, America's first fighter plane.  Also found some hokey Hollywood shots from that old classic, the Dawn Patrol. :biggrin:

shot-1.jpg

Rathbone 3_zpss474bocc.jpg

Poster - Dawn Patrol, The (1938)_03.jpg

• Like 5

More progress shots.

shot-2.jpg

shot-3.jpg

shot-4.jpg

shot-5.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, whiteknight06604 said:

amazing!!!

Thanks.  More progress shots.

shot-10.jpg

shot-9.jpg

shot-8.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

Making good progress on the first color scheme - 27th Aero Squadron "Screaming Eagles."

shot-11.jpg

shot-12.jpg

• Like 5

Rough shot of pilot's vantage point, plus the guns and flying surfaces are mapped.

shot-13.jpg

shot-14.jpg

• Like 2

More Fighting The Flying Circus theme shots.  Jeanba helped me find a primary source reference for the R11.  The single photo he was able to find enabled me to make an educated guess about the R11's wing camo.

FTFC-1.jpg

FTFC-2.jpg

FTFC-3.jpg

FTFC-4.jpg

• Like 4

Give 'em Hell, Cap'n Eddie!  :biggrin:

rickenbacker4.jpg

test-16.jpg

test-17.jpg

test-18.jpg

700xHannoverCLIIIa_Hager2.jpg

• Like 3

Hmmm.. I surprised to see here the Russian flag.

Why on a American aircraft the Russian flag? Very interesting..:biggrin:

Just now, Wilches said:

:lol:

Ok, I see that my knowledge of history are bad, then, if you know, tell me please why so.

5 minutes ago, JacksonM said:

Ok, I see that my knowledge of history are bad, then, if you know, tell me please why so.

Czarist Russia withdrew from the war in 1917, about the same time the US entered the war.  Russia was no longer using its national markings so the US adopted them for its own use during WW1.

Nieuport_28C1.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Czarist Russia withdrew from the war in 1917, about the same time that the US entered the war.  Russia was no longer using its national markings so the US adopted them for its own use during WW1.

I even didn't understand that US entered the war the same time Russia withdrew from the war. :(

I am not silly, aren't I?:smile:

Unfortunately, such disappointments happen. Okay, but now I'll know it. Thanks.

Edited by JacksonM

1 minute ago, JacksonM said:

I even didn't understand that US entered the war the same time Russia withdrew from the war. :(

I am not silly, aren't I? WHY I didn't understand this? :(

Events of 100 years ago can sometimes be confusing.  :biggrin:

In 1914, the American public wanted nothing to do with "another European war."  Indeed, Woodrow Wilson was re-elected for a second term as president by running on the platform "he kept us out of the war."  Popular historians say that German submarine warfare changed American opinion, but that ignores facts.  The infamous Lusitania sinking occurred BEFORE the presidential election of 1916 but did not affect American voters - they re-elected an anti-war president.  After Wilson was elected, events such as the Zimmerman telegram outraged American voters and the government then declared war on Germany.

The US originally wanted to use its white star insignia, but Allied pilots shot at anything not marked with a cockade, so the white star was not suitable for the western front.  By the time American units began to arrive in France, Russia was out of the war so the US used the old Russian insignia.

test-15.jpg

• Like 2

I noticed that American and Russian insignia are very much alike but EVEN DIDN'T SUPPOSED that Americans used Russian insignia.:biggrin: Thank you, Geezer for the facts.

Edited by JacksonM
Misprint

Got the first test article flying ingame. 

img00029.JPG

img00037.JPG

img00041.JPG

img00049.JPG

img00046.JPG

img00047.JPG

• Like 5

Got the Nieuport 17/24 done, so will probably map it next.

test-30.jpg

• Like 4