don246

Bombs not explding

Hi again enjoying FE2 have taken to the two seaters but have found no bombs explode on impact I can drop them but no expolsions from any plane that carry bombs, any one any ideas.

My install is well modded.

Edit Just tried the STD install ( no mods alt all ) flew a Camel with bombs and had the explosion on impact so that works so I must have changed something in my modded game ?

Edited by don246

Make sure the EffectClassName= entry in the bomb's data files matches those listed in the MissileObject.INI file. Then make sure that the effects referenced by those entries exist inside your effects folder.

Edited by KJakker
  • Like 2

Also make sure that in the Effects folder of your modded install of FE2, you have at least the following ini and tga files for proper explosion effects of various sizes.

Happy flying,

Von S

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 9.11.54 PM.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VonS said:

Also make sure that in the Effects folder of your modded install of FE2, you have at least the following ini and tga files for proper explosion effects of various sizes.

Happy flying,

Von S

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 9.11.54 PM.png

I have none of the above in my Effects folder.

Try my effects folder, or copy over the relevant files indicated in my post above (that should give you proper bomb explosion effects) - have sent you the effects through private message.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonS said:

Try my effects folder, or copy over the relevant files indicated in my post above (that should give you proper bomb explosion effects) - have sent you the effects through private message.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Thank you for the folder I took my effects folder out and put your folder in and still no bomb blasts, the other thing I tried was taking out the FLIGHT folder so FE would use the default settings and still no bomb flashs. also tried taking out the AIRCRAFTDATA INI, AIRCRAFTOBJECT INI, GUNDATA INI, and WEAPONDATA INI FILES in the objects folder with no luck.

Now I restored every folder and file back and took out the Weapon folder then selected the Gotha in FE2 with a big bomb and I had the sound of the bomb on impact and a hole but no flash tried the Camel same thing.

Now in my Objects / Weapons folder I have lots of folders with files in them and also lots of files Bitmap Files- LOD Files and  4 Data ini files of the following Lewis, WEAPONDATA, WEAPONDATA1, WeaponEditor.  

I did install the FirstEagles2 GunsEditor but had no luck I could no understand it so just left it, I will take out them 4 Data ini Files and see what happens.

Thanks for the Help.

ILL be back.

Hi Don, I also recommend testing with a stock user directory for FE2 and see if it brings back the bomb explosion effects. One thing that always worked for me to get most effects working is my "reverse install" of some of the Laton effects, as indicated here:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88700-fe2-bad-framerates/?do=findComment&comment=716531

Hope you get your FE2 up and running as you like it soon.

Von S

P.S. The Weapons folder is an interesting one, technically a leftover from FE/FEgold days (the Guns folder being used for most weapons now) - but the Weapons folder still stores some weapons files (for example the Le Prieur Rockets, other weapons too) - and several bombs and bomb types go in there as well, including left and right Vickers guns, also left and right Spandaus, etc., that are not related to the Vickers, Spandaus, Lewises and other stuff available in the Guns folder. Some of the older models of the Nieu. 16 on CombatAce, and other types, use the weapons in the Weapons folders, while most models that came out in the last five or six years use the weapons in the Guns folder (I believe the difference is in how the guns are installed on the planes, the old Weapons folder way places a machine gun as a removable "node" on a top wing or on the nose of a plane, while newer plane data inis call up the relevant guns in the Internal Gun section).

Edited by VonS
Added some info.
  • Like 1