Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdelbarba

terrain

Guest pdelbarba

on the readme of every single terrain i try to install it will not show up in the drop down because i need the "desert.cat." I have WOV and so where in the world do i get it and what is it????? :search:

I don't know whats the use of that file, it contains a lot of images of a map I think. You can found it in "terrain" folder if you have SF:P1.

If you don't have it, buy it or find someone who can send you that file from mail or something.

It's the stock terrain for SF P1.

You should be able to just rename it - a bit of searching should find the exact details (I don't have time right now to do it for you) or maybe fubar, dfang or someone will happen along before then.

Guest pdelbarba

so your saying that if you dont have sf than you cant add terrain without getting it? :angry:

No, I'm saying that with a bit of renaming/.ini juggling most (afaik) but not all terrains will work in WOV too.

oh look - a quick search &

"some terrains designed to use the desert.cat file can be adapted to use the VietnamSEA.cat file that comes with WOV. Try adding this line to the terrain config.ini file that you're trying to install in WOV ( Danger Bering Straits used as an example, add the line in bold ):

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Bering Straits (DBS)

DataFile=DBS_data.INI

TargetFile=DBS_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=DBS_types.INI

MovementFile=DBS_movement.INI

NationsFile=DBS_nations.INI

BriefingText=DBS_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=DBS_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\Terrain\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat"

Guest pdelbarba

thanks but i have comcast :)

You will also need a tileset. It using VietnamSEA.cat with my Israelterrain, for instance you will have a lot of white fields and in some cases Vietnam like terrain texture, but no desert.

You will also need a tileset. It using VietnamSEA.cat with my Israelterrain, for instance you will have a lot of white fields and in some cases Vietnam like terrain texture, but no desert.

You can get "Enhanced Desert" tiles from Deuces site, or "Photo-Realistic" tiles from MajorLee's Aerodrome.

These will work with the terrains that are desert tileset based...

Guest pdelbarba

One other question why do all the terrains i have which include DVR, DBS, and the one that comes with the iraq campeign have no runways at bases exept of course DVR with one workinng base that i installed sepratley. Please excuse the misspellings im in a hurry. :tomato: