Sign in to follow this  
Coupi

To update my PC for SF2 ?

Hello, :hi:

I would like to update my PC for gaming SF2 !

Please do you have idea about it ? Replacement of the GPU and/or increase memory ?

My computer is:

- Mainboard: AsusTek P8Z77-V LX

- CPU: Intel I7 3770 (3.4 GHz)

- Memory: 8 Go DDR3 Dual 800 MHz

- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 2Go

My PC runs very well however I would like to improve it...

Thank You! :drinks:

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

all specs seem rather good for SF2 as is actually, though older in current computer terms. similar or better than what i got back in 2012 with SF2 specifically in mind at time of purchase

i have a newer rig for many things (other games as they get my interest, UDK, and several other things that i should get off my butt and use) but kept my old laptop this time around. only difference iirc is a i5 at around 2.5 - 2.8GHz . works awesome if nothing else is running (like having gimp or PS running while checking decals in game. handled everything well except low level over Iceland. though i mod (and fly when checking) on my xidax, my old pavilion is the simming/backup comp.

if you must upgrade, might get a new card first, then eBay off you old one to help finance the next step. but another route might be to clean up the old system to a dedicated sim computer, and use the funds a new one for all other tasks (and light gaming when away). at least in my searches (wife wants a new comp soon) a functional computer is about the same as higher end gaming quality components.

last note: in a discussion shortly after i got my new system, i believe it was mentioned that graphics card was best improvement. game is best suited for dual core iirc, and more memory does not equate to more power necessarily. dont remember the thread or who said (it was one of the oldttimers here though), just that it was around late September or early October.

• Thanks 1

Hello Coupi,

What's your budget for your upgrade ?

I recently increased my RAM to 16GB and changed my graphic card for a GTX 1070 and I don't regret my investment.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ludo.m54 said:

Hello Coupi,

What's your budget for your upgrade ?

I recently increased my RAM to 16GB and changed my graphic card for a GTX 1070 and I don't regret my investment.

Hello Ludo, :hi:

I have around 400-500 Euros.

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

I think your GPU is far enough for SF2.

More RAM and good SSD ;-)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, guuruu said:

I think your GPU is far enough for SF2.

More RAM and good SSD ;-)

Hello! :smile:

Ok for RAM ! :good:

My current SSD is Intel 224 Go...

Coupi

Edited by Coupi

So max ram and it's enought ;-)

• Thanks 1

If you don't want to play recent games with max. settings, then your GPU is fine.

I would go for 16GB RAM, too.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks my friends!!! :drinks:

So this afternoon I bought 2 x 8 Go of RAM !

After installation however my PC under W8.1 (64) doesn't "show" the 16 Go (only 8 Go) whereas CPU-Z and the Bios detect the 4 used slots!

I've missed something somewhere... I go to find a solution. :pilotfly:

Very best regards,

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

1st check your RAM specification .

If it's dual RAM (and it probably is) 8GB can be total amount of pair of RAM not each one.

I think you can find a GTX 1060 for around 300 € even less if you can wait for the january sales

Added to 16GB of RAM, it could be a good compromise.