Hello, I have a problem I'm not sure how to solve.

Consider this situation:

- Aircraft is able to accept several types of equipment on a certain station (AAMs, Guided Bombs, Guided Missiles, External Pods).

- When mounting a weapon on said station, it correctly hangs from a pylon.

- When mounting an External Pod though, the actual pod is "detached" from the station, like there is an invisible pylon in-between.

- These pods are somehow conformal, they don't need any pylon and should attach directly on the fuselage.

- I would like to attach the pods correctly, without adding pylons to them, but also without ruining how the other ordnance behaves, which is correct.

Where should I work? at the aircraft inis, or at the single weapons ones?

Thanks for your attention.

screen shot of the issue?

More details...like aircraft, weapons type, ini of weapon station ,  etc...screenshot ? Many guys here were solving problems for years...so more details - more chance that someone already fixed that. 

ok, it appears I've solved it.

The problem was in the aircraft ini, and it seems related to the fact that different equipment has different shapes. In particular, the EP and LP classes.

Probably who made the aircraft had to compromise somehow in the placement of said weapon types (which can only be attached to a single station). 

The Pods I was trying to load (like the Litening) have a rather small height, so they ended up with an empty space between the fuselage and them. Other equipment is "taller", or has a small pylon in its own 3d model, in those cases the pod was loading fine. 

I've tried with several different planes and loadouts and noticed that some compromise is always present, although in this particular case it particularly caught the sight with that empty space. 

The solution was to retouch the loadout Y position to make the pod be slung 50 clicks higher. I've tested the configuration with most of the possible LP and EP equipment and it does fine for me. Of course other types of ordnance aren't affected, as in the ini they are treated like a different weapon station. The key is that on the basis of the loaded equipment class, a different loadout station is used, yet they share the same position in 3d space. It's something that in my very limited modding experience I did not know and I'm glad to have learnt.

Thanks for your attention and replies.

Still very mysterious....

anyway.. good for you - solved.

This issue with stores "hanging in space" can be caused by faulty diameter values in the pods/weapon/etc data.

The key is that on the basis of the loaded equipment class, a different loadout station is used, yet they share the same position in 3d space. It's something that in my very limited modding experience I did not know and I'm glad to have learnt.

it's called 'cloning the station'. we've been doing it since the early 2000s with the original SF/Wo* games. It's a HUGE help sometimes!!

but like Crusader said, I'd double check the actual diameter values of the pods in question

20 hours ago, Wrench said:

but like Crusader said, I'd double check the actual diameter values of the pods in question

I checked the pods diameter and it appears consistent with the real life counterparts (no way to check the 3d model parameter i guess).

In any case, what error would cause space between attachment and payload? I mean, if the payload diameter is *less* than the 3d model value, then I have space between the two points, or is it the other way around?

thanks for your help folks.

no way to check the 3d model parameter i guess).

Mue's LOD Viewer will do the trick nicely!!

if the diameter is LESS than the distance allowed on the hardpoint, the item should move UP closer to the pylon (or IN depending on the mounting angle)

if greater, it should move away

also, you've never told us WHICH aircraft is giving the issue. This, too, is of great help in assisting