bubu

SF2NA ships with SF2e/v/i installs

general question here,

Is there a way to convert SFNA ships to work (show up) in non-NA installs ... say by tweaking the data.ini for example?  Love everything about NA but the strike missions and how the sim prioritizes battle groups, and I'm trying to mold a sim to my liking...

bubu

well, if you don't have SF2NA, you don't get the NA ships. Period.

in a full 5 merged install (meaning: all installs) ALL the ships are available in their respective service dates. (just look in you /Ground Objects folder; you'll see them)

as the LODs are no longer available for extraction, having the inis is of no use without them

• Like 1

........i do have most of the ship's.....in a folder....and put it ,,in other install...and work's....!! 

Not 100%.....but most work. 

1st)  You need to have a map ...with sea.....!!!!!

2)  be sure in the map that you can have a choice ANTI SHIP mission....!!!!

3)  off course to have the ship's .....and the weapon's....and install it...!

in fact, not only does the map need enough sea room for both fleets, but it must have the NavalMap=TRUE statement in it's main ini, AND have CV zones* designated by their respective colors on the ***_water.bmp (see the IcelandNA map or my Waterworld for examples)

*=CV zones should be at least 200km in diameter, as that's the distance the Naval Search (Hawkeye's) aircraft operate at, and should be at least another 100km apart beyond the AWAC orbit zones.

• Like 2