NEED HELP I INSTALLED Strike fighters 2 north atlantic SOME HAVE VIDEO STEP BY STEP HOW TO INSTALL MODS AND PATCH I CAN NOT INTERPRET THE TUTORIAL

what are you talking about, and WHY are you shouting??? The use of all caps is like shouting, and is considered very rude.

now, in a calmer tone, tell us exactly what the issue is, and what is this "video" you're on about?? 

as to adding mods, have you tried READING the enclosed readmes from your downloads? They usually explain what is supposed to be done, and where things go.

You might also want to study up on the threads in our conveniently supplied, and constantly ignored SF2 Knowledge Base

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

I think he asks for a link to a video, that explains the installation of patches and mods step by step, because he doesn't understand the tutorials(? - maybe knowledgebase). I guess his english isn't very well.

Whrench is right.  Capital letter's mean..... shouting  .!   I do make that mistake before.

So I think you know......?     ............ how to install the Game.

The game install in the C ....disk.....  Computer>Local Disk(C)>Program Files>Thirdwire    ....but you can not find any ...plane..or ship...look ....LOCK

photo 0

...but the folder's with planes... ship .etc......is made ...in another position....!!!!       

Vista/Win7

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\        

WinXP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\

photo 01

Ok...until now ?

0.JPG

01.JPG

Edited by acesfakia
  • Like 2

How to make a Mod file ?

You must go to the original install folder..... Computer>Local Disk(C)>Program Files>Thirdwire

copy paste the last  install...(that's mean ..the SF2 NA for you )......and make a copy in the same folder.

photo 02

Look's like in photo 3  the paste.....

Rename that from strike fighter's NA2 -copy......to..    .       WW 2   for example

photo 03 

photo 04

Now send that ww2   as a shortcut in the desktop.

photo 05

Now from the Desktop START the game   .....WW 2.

When is start ....close it...with out play.....you don't need to play

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

• Like 2

The Game now make a new Folder ...with all the planes etc.......in the....

WinXP:   C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\

Vista/Win7 C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\

with the name of your new Mod file....!!!!!              The name is WW 2     !!!!               THIS IS A MOD /NEW MOD FILE

photo 06

Inside is all the planes ship's etc from the original install...........!!     

photo 07   08

most of us  we   [ -   delete all...or keep some  - ]  and put only that we need or we want...to play.!.!You rename/remake etc  the  Menu files....etc...!

For ww II ...you don't need the F-14........etc....jet's....!!  

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

• Like 2

Now if you want to put in the   SF2 NA      a plane or a ship that someone makes........

Then 

1 you download and open your file  .. in a temp ...place like a desktop.....and unzip the file.

2 take the file and put it in the SF2 NA file or in another like WW2...folder.

Vista/Win7      C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\ WW2    or SF2 NA ?        

WinXP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 \WW2    or SF2 NA ?   

-------------------------------------You don't  copy paste....the new mod that you download in the original ....folder of the GAME........as you see above ....!!!--------------------------------------------

01.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

• Like 2

Most of the new Mod's have instruction's......Read me  file.                         .................................EXAMPLE

================================================================================================================================

SF2 Boeing ............Pack             12/7/2017

= For SF2 (Any & All, Full-5 Merged Prefered) =

This is a new ..........pack mod of .....................................d by the Spainish Air Force .................
If you don't have the aircraft already, it's available at the URL below:......

As always, fairly easy to follow, detailed install instructions are included. So, please READ them ... after unzipping but before installling, of course!!

Happy Landings!

Wrench
Kevin Stein

-----------------
= Install Instructions:

As I always reccomend, unzip the "sf2_kc97l_spanish_af_pack.7z" to a temp folder or your desktop or somewhere else that's easy to find.

Then, simply, copy/paste the /Objects folder supplied directly =OVER= your existing /Objects folder, in whichever game's mod folder you're installing it to.

You'll probably be asked "OVERWRITE?", just say yes for both.

----------------------
Credits:

Edited by acesfakia
  • Like 2