Sign in to follow this  
Richo

United States Marines-decal

Hi Modders,  I am trying to find and have trouble making decals.  I am decaling an R4D and C-46 for the "United States Marines".

I have decals for the United States Navy, and Air Force.  I now need one for the USMC.  Can anyone help?

R4D.PNG

try this.

obviously, size will need proper adjustment when placed on the aircraft.

also, post screenies of the aircraft too!

usmc decal.7z

Thanks Wrench I sure will Cheers and Happy New Year:)

:smile:

Here is a start on the R4D, VMJ USMC refuel supply.  I work away and will have to finish decaling when I get back in a week:(5a4a0a3e61746_R4DMarineThrowingbagsofrice.PNG.558626be1a9d422ab12120e333eea751.PNG5a4a0a66a32aa_R4DLanding.PNG.2290520115e3234f15718623764fb07f.PNG

• Like 4

if you need BuNums, for the R4D, I have a complete listing of USN BuAer Numbers from 1910(ish) to the mid 1980s

Thanks Wrench,  That will help out a lot and would greatly appreciate the BuNums to complete this R4D.  I am back for my week of R&R:)

Handsome Gooney Bird there Richo.

CL

Edited by charlielima

I know the BuNum list is somewhere here at CA in the download section, but I can't find it (probably in SF1/Wo* section)

but here it is again

BuNums of USN Aircraft.7z

Thanks Wrench and daddy airplanes I will look up those in a few and get onto the serial numbers.   I do have a question on the Antenna below, It is Wrench's CBI antennae.  I can not get it to move anymore?  I have tried the cockpit and Fake Pilot.  I did not get anywhere The antenna now is set up as a GP and trying to get it to move as shown below.  Any one with any suggestions? 

RD4-1.PNG.9c4cef8d0efe37ff82b716ef24727c46.PNG RD4.thumb.PNG.14264b79228613f00901a2cbf2ee5c63.PNG

8 hours ago, charlielima said:

Handsome Gooney Bird there Richo.

CL

Thanks buddy!  Just need an antenna and some serial numbers:smile:

those pics are crap, I can't see them at all. Post a close up, please

are you talking about the 2 side mounted Yagi's on the nose?? Like I added for the IDF Dakotas? 

if so, you should just copy and paste the information from the IDF Dak's data ini, for the "pilot positions" and add the 2 system names to the /Nose section

Looks nice so far Rincho! 

Thirdwire´s C-47?

Okay, thats MUCH different!!!

I wouldn't use the DF loop from the CBI birds, you'll need a completely new one.  Personally, I don't even think it's necessary

Thanks fellas for the comments great stuff Wrench.  I thought maybe the DF loop would give it a distinct look from all the other Goony Birds and this one is for sure The USMC VMJ/VMR-152.  Also thanks to you guy's I got Bunums for the Squadron and will now work on them.

13 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

dc3united.jpg

I guess his question is about the loop antenna under the nose.

5a580094cb007_R4DLoopAntenna.PNG.12409b729e621a572a6bd0542ddaab4e.PNG

• Like 2