Since Stary kindly remembered me in the "tree planting" thread of my promised TOD Editor, I want to apologize for the (very) long delay.
Shortly after I made the proof of concept of custom shaped tod objects another (Real Life) project took over: planning and building our house. Therefore in the last one and a half year I didn't have that much time and energy for modding/programming activities.
Now we finally live in our new house and I recently resumed my modding/programming activities.

This is my roadmap for 2018:

1) LOD Exporter for blender:
Currently I'm working on a LOD Exporter for blender. It's in an early stage. Mesh export seems to work but only uses color information yet, no textures, no bump maps, no animation, ... .

2) Updating LOD Viewer and Target Area Editor
Besides implementing new features I plan to switch to the OpenSceneGraph library for 3D visualizing instead of pure OpenGL. It will reduce the programming effort in the future and also brings other benefits.

3) TOD Editor
Maybe I will implement it as an extension of the Target Area Editor, I'm not sure yet. The use of the OpenSceneGraph library should give me the capability to import several 3D file formats that OpenSceneGraph supports (instead of writing the file importer myself) and let me convert them to TODs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10

That sounds like a great year to come! Good to know, that you're still around. 😀👍

P.S. No apologies needed. We all know, that (real) life is a heartless bitch. 😋

Edited by Nyghtfall

Mue,

Thanks for the update and your continued efforts.

Congrats on the house!

Good to see you back and congratulations on the new house! :good:

Mue, thank you for your update and congrats on the new house.

If you can make your #1 to work... that would be a great asset!

Happy new year and thnak you Mue

It looks wonderfull !!!

Great to hear your plans Mue, and of course even better will be active updates.  For what it's worth, my vote is #2: 

On 1/5/2018 at 5:55 AM, mue said:

2) Updating LOD Viewer and Target Area Editor
Besides implementing new features I plan to switch to the OpenSceneGraph library for 3D visualizing instead of pure OpenGL. It will reduce the programming effort in the future and also brings other benefits.

I believe this will be beneficial for a greater majority - plus there is a tremendous opportunity and need to enhance basic functionality in these tools (e.g., copy/paste in TAE, etc).  And also selfishly, I'd love to see the requirements/wish list I drafted up a while ago come to reality some day!  Thanks for your update and consideration...  

• Like 1

Looking forward to see this plan come to fruition. Specially the last part, will love to be able to add trees and buildings to my tiles.