Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

Number of "Game Loops" slowing the fps in SF2V

In the nvidia control panel I set the "max number of pre-rendered single frames" (at least that's the translation from German :D) to 1 in order to "lock" the number of "Game Loops" at 1. But I still find Game Loops exceeding 1 (and slowing the fps) when flying over N Vietnam cities... When the Loops reach some 5 there is quite some stuttering in the game...

What am I missining that locking in the nvidia panel does not have that much effect?

If not totally wrong I experienced this worked in the past...

I am running on Win7 and a GTX660 - I saved my a.m. setting both for the game itself and the Thrustmaster GUI which I start the game with...

Game loops do not lower fps, on the contrary, when the fps get low and the cpu is underutilized, the game loops more frequently.

You are saying that the drop in fps is not related to the increase of Game Loops?

Absolutely. The Game Loops increasing is a response to low fps, not caused by it. The game won't work right if the game loops too slow. It messes up the flight model and AI. So when the fps gets too low or when there is extra cpu processing power available, the game automatically runs its loops faster.

I see... So by limiting the number of pre-rendered frames in the nvidia-panel the CPU is "freed" as much as possible (already) but its effect is not shown by Game Loops as low as possible. Good to know... And the drop of fps (especially in the area above NV cities - quite understandable seeing the amount of action there) is to be lived with...