Sign in to follow this  
RustyKurnass

Problem with the A-6 pit frame

Hi all guys,

today I've started a 'Nam campaign with the Intruder,the first with the A-6 since my PC crash in the Christmas' days,and look like if the canopy and windshield external and internal frames don't match.Any Ideas?

Also,now I've a B/N seated on my side...

0AV4d4.jpg

gebUxL.jpg

To me it seems you have a conflict with between the A-6 and the cockpit you use.   I suppose it's not the stock Intruder cockpit from SP1 series, because it does not have a WSO included.

Can you tell what are you using? Plane pack cockpit etc.  We need to edit certain parts not to be visible from cockpit

I'm just about to do the same, after I moved my system onto SSD and slowly restoring everything to normal. Like the flyable A-6 (and campaign)

Inside the A-6X_COCKPIT.INI write this:

OpenCockpit=FALSE

Ahhh I see. I gotta try that too. I used A-6 megapack with the stock pit.

Ok,I've checked my other installations and all work fine.

In SF2:NAExp/MedCrisis and ODS,the A-6s if I'm not mistaken they come from the A-6 Megapack,that I've already downloaded and stored in my back-up folder.So I think can replace the "corrupted" in the SF" Vietnam with the A-6A from the megapack and add the only extra skin I've added,can this work?

Wilches,Ive tried to editing  the  OpenCockpit=FALSE  but is even worse...look

0uzDd2.jpg

Edited by RustyKurnass

that's the stock 3rd Wire WoV cockpit, imported to SF2, that we've been using the last 10 years. 

What I would do, is obtain the stock cockpit ini from WoV, and see where it sits. Since the aircraft are pretty much the same, it should sit in it's usual place. Unless, of course, somebody has fucked with the cockpit ini (like CockpitCGOffset=True) in the aircraft's data ini. 1stGens aren't made for that.

1stGen, stock cockpit are also NOT made for the "OpenCockpit=TRUE" statement, either.

Ok guys,I've reinstalled the A-6A/B,this time directely from the A-6 Superpack,again with the FOTI cockpit.The only issue look to be the absence of the IFR probe when look from inside the pit.

EbZZ23.jpg

The solution?

The same plane in SF2NA Exp pack look perfect.

Yes it is present with the stock cockpit too, for the A-6, but it is shown for the A-6B. The probe part must be set us show from cockpit, and all should be ok

1 hour ago, Snailman said:

Yes it is present with the stock cockpit too, for the A-6, but it is shown for the A-6B. The probe part must be set us show from cockpit, and all should be ok

Done, so easy...

But why is so massive? In my other installation look much smaller

Also when I move the the head,look like if also the probe move

Edited by RustyKurnass

I think it's the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome .... :lol:

honestly, I wouldn't even worry about it!!