Sign in to follow this  
don246

Pilot to high

Please can anyone tell me what INI do I change to lower a pilot in the cockpit in my opinion some of the pilots seem to be sitting a little too high.

yes you need to adjust one of the variables for the pilot in the data.ini of the particular aircraft you want to adjust the pilot in , if you scroll down to where the pilot you have installed is in the Data.ini file, you will see something like this 

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=PilotFrench40
SeatID=1
SetCockpitPosition=TRUE
Position=-0.252,6.35,0.71
MinExtentPosition=-0.6,6.9,0.1
MaxExtentPosition= 0.1,5.9,1.6
SeatModelName=
SeatPosition=
CanopyNodeName=

You need to play with the "position" variables, I cant remember which one off the top of my head, but adjusting that variable will move the pilot in any direction ie. up, down left , right, however, be aware the pilot may be in the right place, in which case you may just need to tweak the seat position.

The first value is right/left.  The second value is forward/back.  The third value - the one you want - is up/down.

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

• Like 4

there ya go, I havent adjusted any of mine for a while so I had forgotten which variable to adjust.

(I HAVE to say this, please forgive me!)

duuuudde, you can never be toooo high!!! :wink:

----

yes, what Geezer said. Those same figures x/y/z corrdinate style are used for everything from pilots, to muzzle flare location, weapons mounting, lights, exhaust, what have you!

• Haha 1

Also be careful when lowering the pilot positions (sometimes their feet stick out of the bottom of the fuselage, near the cowling or engine, if they are placed too low...this is why I placed them slightly high by about a value of 0.2 for the z axis in some of the Eindecker variants in particular...as always back up before experimenting).

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Added info.

I lowered the pilot in the Pfalz EII for a starter the original setting was "Position=0.0,-0.03,0.4"  this is what I ended up with "Position=0.0,-0.03,0.3" I did try "Position=0.0,-0.03,0.2" and to be honest I think that was best but I setteled for the 0.0,-0.03,0.3 I would like to know what others think

Thanks for reply geezer and other guys. 

Edited by don246

7 minutes ago, don246 said:

I lowered the pilot in the Pfalz EII for a starter the original setting was Position=0.0,-0.03,0.4  this is what I ended up with Position=0.0,-0.03,0.3  I did try Position=0.0,-0.03,0.2 and to be honest I think that was best but I setteled for the 0.0,-0.03,0.3 I would like to know what others think

Thanks for reply geezer and other guys. 

That sounds about right, always tweak the z axis position (up or down) by increments of about 0.1 or 0.2. The position in my modded data ini for the Pfalz E.II is:

PilotModelName=wwiPilotNew2
SeatID=1
PilotHeadNodeName=head
Position=0.0,-0.03,0.42

As posted above, I tend to have my Eindecker pilots slightly higher by about 0.2 for the z axis, since I had feet sticking out of the bottom otherwise (other problem aircraft for this are the Nieuport 10, 11, 17, 23, 24bis...not so much the 12, 16, 27, and 28...z axis values were adjusted for those sometime in my previous FM packs...around version 8.5 of 8.6, included in the big 8.9 folder...as always tweak to suit preference if you like them lower but double-check the bottom of the fuselage for feet sticking out).

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Fixed typos.