Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

707/E-3/C-135/E-8 pit

who made this pit? been using it interchangeably across the various 707 based platforms(as the title shows), and dont remember where it came from originally. this is to give proper credit in readme, TIA for any help .

Hello,

I didn't know there is a specific cockpit for 707 family! 

screenie ?

Perhaps its a mod of the B-1 or B-52 pit by Dels ?

Edited by Crusader

screenie later when off of phone, but with 8 throttles iirc, i would say its the B-52 pit.

and no, we dont have one exactly, i just have one in there to make it flyable in game so i can see whats going on with my projects. but i think i bounced the same one over all the TMF based birds. hence the question.

as said 8 throttles, might be a buff. The Jumbos outside the Buff and Bone dont usually have much to do in game, but its hardto check a new skin or decal without being flyable

img00535.thumb.JPG.d40e25732f3f3c8b7cb79d11ff684a9b.JPG

might go another route and drop the Herc pit in like the RC-135 from last year.

ok.  does it work to remove parts in a cockpit same way as removing lumps and bumps off an airframe? thinking of removing the hud from dels 130 pit and using that instead across the board

but will credit kesselbrut if i dont change up.

yes, you can move objects up/down in cockpits. But only one at at time, and in only one direction.

I (re)moved the HUD off del's Herc pit; I just have to find where it is (mod folder)

that would be appreciated, not as much of a rush as i'm trying to tweek a few other things with the tankers (ODS skinpack, i originally wanted to release yesterday). but still looking to make a E-8A (ini edit and skin change from the C we have) as well as 707-320s. so a better pit would be a goodish idea i thinks.

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

ok.  does it work to remove parts in a cockpit same way as removing lumps and bumps off an airframe? thinking of removing the hud from dels 130 pit and using that instead across the board

but will credit kesselbrut if i dont change up.

Have a look at the cockpit of my Malaysian Skyhawks. I moved many things around to get the right look. You can move stuff around in several directions, but always 1 direction at a time. So just add the movements 3 times for the same type.

Here's an example - the type is always the same, as is the nodename.

Arresting Hook Lever in the Skyhawk cockpit - 1st rotated around X-axis, 2nd moved in the Y-axis and 3rd moved in Z-axis:

[ArrestingHookLever_rX]
Type=ARRESTING_HOOK_INDICATOR
NodeName=side_control_r
MovementType=ROTATION_X
//1=retracted 2=deployed
ValueUnit=DEG
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=45.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

[ArrestingHookLever_Y]
Type=ARRESTING_HOOK_INDICATOR