bon jeux

lauvo

UAW150V4 TWF ww1 V.2

16 different planes

copy in UAW150V4

+ editor .3dz and .tpc

good game

lauvo

Isn't it possible to provide a smaller, more simple download that can be dumped into MrJelly's current archive for this WWI Campaign?
It seems redundant too as his download I belive is newer but does include The Western Front (TWF) campaign/theater.

Or is your download a special breed? I'm just been trying to determine which download is better for TWF/WWI, could you advise please?

Hi Mark

I'm here often mostly for SF2 stuff,,Get all I need from HQ and your site..Outstanding Job

I think that the downloads aren't meant for jelly's latest versions but rather for a 1.29 version instead.

These models can be incorporated into EAWPRO as well but they lack the appropiate theatre.

VonBeerhofen

After looking at it, it looks like it just the WW1 theater and version 1.50. I haven't unpacked it or run it, so im not certain what it is exactly.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, MarkEAW said:

Here, RIBob, this might be the one you want.................

Might be...….  Says to copy into a v1.5 version of EAW.  That's a version I skipped.  So far I have V.1, V1.1, V1.2, V1.28e, and latest V1.60  EAWPRO, of course.

Is the exact version of EAW V1.5 specified by Lauvo above available on your Help site, and clearly identified? 

This one says to copy into a 150?? I thought it was standalone. :\

No I don't have a 150 on my site, sorry.

To think of it, you may be able to get a 150 from Jel or the 352nd group web site.

Unless my HS French is totally wrong, his text above "copier dans UAW150V4" means "Copy into UAW150V4".  Not being in direct communications with Mr Jelly, may I ask you to obtain the correct version of the game from him, and post a link on your help site?  I'm assuming "UAW" is a typo, and he intended to type "EAW".

Given his work load, I'm not sure you need to bother Mr Jelly with the details of why you need the download.

Edited by RIBob

UAW, is unversal air wars, a name they adapted loosly for their version of the game because of the theaters.

Fortunately, someone provided me with a 7Zip copy of V1.54 of EAW.  It was a while ago, and thanks to whomever supplied it!

In the near future, I will install the V1.54 game, set it up, and try to install lauvo's mod into it.  Be advised that I am not an expert on EAW, not very clever at these installs, so advice might be needed.  I will attempt to provide install instructions (as required0 as well as a thumbnail review of the Modded sim, if it works.

I set up an empty folder, downloaded the v1.54 version of EAW into it, kindly furnished by rwatson, and set up the base version required as a basis for the WW I mod.  As expected, the splash screens and menu screens of the base game were a bit garbled, but not badly enough to prevent from being quite usable as they were.  My suggestion is that a Wrapper program is not really necessary, but YMMV.  Try without one first.  I then ran the game, and made some minor changes to it, such as setting up the SnapViews for the top hat switch of my joystick.  This was done via the menu screen relevant to "Controls", and not in the Config settings  The base game was then re-tested, and all was well.

I then downloaded the WW I mod, unzipped it into the base game folder, and ran its' EXE.  Running the modded game provided no unexpected results.

The install procedure for both base game and WW I mod is based on the use of 7Zip installers, with which most will be familiar.

The WW I mod adds a list of 30 WW I aircraft, 16 of which are versions of the WW I aircraft already in the base game, thus giving 14 new WW I aircraft.  All of these aircraft are nicely done, with full cockpits and so forth.  Selection of aircraft sets and terrain is done within the game folder, via an included menu screen where such choices can be made easily enough.

This WW I mod adds to the WW I aircraft aircraft available for use, and they are up to the usual, high EAW standards.  The historically incorrect "radio chatter"  and text messages at bottom of monitor were one of the few flaws I saw, unless there were "Mustangs" flying in WW I.  A purist, interested in historical accuracy, would probably disable both.

All in all, an interesting and well done variant of the game, with some nice, if repetitive music, nicely constructed and skinned aircraft, and no serious vices at all.

Thanks should go to Mr Jelly for the base game, and to lauvo for constructing this well-done mod for it.

Edited by RIBob

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..