Skyviper

So what shows are you hooked on?

I've been watching some pretty good shows (to me) that Amazon Prime offered and now I'm left hanging.

Americans ---I'm wanting to see how that will pan out

Man in the High Castle --- I'm so ready for Season 3! (I hope they don't drop the ball)

Believe it or not the Marvelous Mrs. Mazel is a show that I just blew through and am now wanting to watch more of. I figured it was going to be one those they're going to push some kind of agenda thing but it really wasn't ... it was a look into the world of a female comedian. I don't think Amazon expected it to do well either because they only gave it 8 episodes.

I'm liking the shows that Amazon has because my basic cable programs are getting progressively worse ... what the crap happened? History channel used to talk about ... history. Modern Marvels, Ancient Battles, etc. now it's two guys buying stuff and people talking about aliens oh and their version of Food Network's Chopped. Everything else seems to reality TV shows.

Anyway what shows have you been watching lately that has you hooked?

Vikings - started it some time ago, but discontinued watching it. On second try i was hooked. Great actors, characters and an interesting story!

Supernatural - My cousin told me to watch it and it is good, reminds me always a bit on Warehouse 13

Warehouse 13 - although older and canceled after 5th season, it's one of my favorite TV series. The characters are amazing. Not currently on Amazon Prime anymore.

Sherlock - the new one from BBC, with B. Cumberbatch and M. Freeman. Another of my favorite shows. Not currently on Amazon Prime though.

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 1

CanNOT wait for season 3 of Man in the High Castle!!!! That last episode of Season 2 (if you've seen it, you know what I mean) gave me chills!!!

• Like 3

I second Vikings!

I got really hooked on Manhatton but it was cancelled after season 2 😣. It' a dramatized show on Netflix about two science teams at Los Amos in the 1940's racing to prove their a-bomb designs.

Shameless is so bad it's good. Me and the wife started watching that one way before it was 'cool' lol

Narcos is another really good Netflix show especially season one.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1

Shameless for me too watched it right from the first one its been on so long that the kids have grown up in it.

• Like 1

Vikings
The Chi
Shameless
Man in the High Castle
Designated Survivor
The Brave
Sherlock

I DVR everything and then watch episodes as I can. Which keeps those "there's never anything on" moments to a minimum. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wrench said:

CanNOT wait for season 3 of Man in the High Castle!!!! That last episode of Season 2 (if you've seen it, you know what I mean) gave me chills!!!

:iagree:

Sci-Fi is my lot at the moment with regard to TV shows. Pick TV here in the UK is re-running all the Babylon 5 series, one of my favourite shows. Its great to see the main characters again and follow the story line.

• Like 1

B5 was probably one of the best, if not best, SciFi show of all time. I have the DVD box set.

as to rerunning, I've discovered Andromeda on the Roku channel - never got to see many of them when first broadcast

• Like 1

I have not been watching as much TV as I have in the past but three show come to mind. The OrvilleThe Magicians, and The Expanse are what I have been following lately.

I have to agree on Warehouse 13 and Babylon 5, also if pointing to older shows then I would have to include Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, FarScape, Highlander: The Series, Forever Knight, and non-SciFi, China Beach.

As for Andromeda, the first season, and the first four or five episodes of season 2 were the best. After that point there was a behind the scenes shake-up that had one of the producers leave the show and take the planned story arc with him. After that it devolved in the Hercules in Space.

Which is EXACTLY what my wife calls it!!!!! :lol:

On 01/02/2018 at 8:47 AM, SayWhatt said:

You guys singing the praises of B5 have excellent taste!!:ok::ok:

Good to hear that from a fellow Babylon 5 fan. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If I am correct the show won a number of Television awards in the US for Science Fiction. Well deserved and the characters will be sadly sadly missed. Pity they did not make another series.   

Ancient Aliens Honorable Mention To E.G.&G. Seal Engineers And Area 51 Pros Plus Skunkworks,Senior Bowl,China Lake Engineers,And All Those Bros Who moved in their Farthers Footsteps to make this nation a free environment within our place in time and history,remember the three rules of our being cosmological,geological,and biological events and as always there is more than is ever revealed by our elders.

001.jpg

I am also watching re-runs of Star Trek The Next Generation on UK terrestrial television,  - old stuff, but still worth a good watch. :smile: :smile: :smile:

• Like 1

Also looking forward to season three of Man in the High Castle! Lately though, I've been binge watching older stuff. Specifically 24 and X-Files (Gillian Anderson :man_in_love:).

Manhattan was good, shame it got the axe. Also enjoying Narcos and Dirty Money on Netflix. As a motorsports fan, the Scott Tucker episode was particularly interesting.

I am also watching re-runs of Star Trek The Next Generation on UK terrestrial television,  - old stuff, but still worth a good watch

The 2 best episodes (imho):

Darmok

The Inner Light  (#1)

I like how Star Trek TOS did their version of the future. it's also nice to see the special effects they came up with for that time period too.

@Wrench Man in High Castle Season 3 coming out soon! Hopefully by end of this Month or early March ...

On 09/02/2018 at 11:10 PM, Skyviper said:

I like how Star Trek TOS did their version of the future. it's also nice to see the special effects they came up with for that time period too.

@Wrench Man in High Castle Season 3 coming out soon! Hopefully by end of this Month or early March ...

It is a good time for Trekkie fans and Sci-Fi fans in general, plenty of shows on TV and loads of DVD's available along with numerous Sci Fi conventions to visit and lots of memorabelia available to buy. This really is a massive industry with a world-wide fan base which just seems to get bigger every year.

5 hours ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

It is a good time for Trekkie fans and Sci-Fi fans in general, plenty of shows on TV and loads of DVD's available along with numerous Sci Fi conventions to visit and lots of memorabelia available to buy. This really is a massive industry with a world-wide fan base which just seems to get bigger every year.

Yeah I've been wanting to write stories about mechs ... then have you seen the Neo Japan 2202 images?

neo_japan_2202___shirobai_by_johnsonting

2 hours ago, Skyviper said:

Yeah I've been wanting to write stories about mechs ... then have you seen the Neo Japan 2202 images?

neo_japan_2202___shirobai_by_johnsonting

Hmmmm.................... interesting looks like it is based in reality yet appears futuristic but, plausible. There is always something new coming around the corner. :good:  :good:   :good:

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY