Where is the command "hidden" (key combination) when you have a cockpit with two positions and you can switch between them ? Into the cockpit.lod file ? And if so can I "read" it into the file with an editor ? How could be possible to know it exactly ?

PS - This is what is written into the readme file concerning this very aspect:

"use / or ; key. if it doesn;t work check your key settings.

You are also able to switch the gun sight and open the map display by [ ] \ keys"

Obviously I tried them and they won't work.

1.thumb.jpg.a5d77fd448a3b29fd1e60401d422dd31.jpg

Edited by UllyB

The "H" key you mean ? Nope , it's not that.

I figured it out how this thing works and now I realize how stupid of me was to think that is a hidden key in the cockpit lod file. The "key", I think, is the gunsight texture name, meaning that the game switches between seats in cockpit because it "looks" for gunsights names. The meshes name and the texture for the meshes which stand for gunsights , in both seats of the cockpit must be the key and one of them is missing in the cockpit.ini file.

Can anyone confirm my hypothesis please ?

Edited by UllyB
  • Thanks 1

the cockpit has to be built that way MAX. You can't just magicaly command it to change (example: A-26 cockpit, switching from pilot to bomb aimer)

No, I think you missunderstood. The cockpit was build to be able to switch places, gunner with pilot. It says in the fragment from the readme file how you change places, between the two of them, in my first post (you are supposed to press a specific key, which in my case it won't work anymore, but I don't know why). If you look to the photo, you can easily notice that there are two distinct workable panels (in the second seat, the one I don't know how to access it, there is a mesh with the RWR ! That was not put there just for eyecandy) etc. Maybe you can give me a suggestion or a hint how to solve it. I suspect the cockpit.ini file has some data which won't match the meshes in the 3d model. In the 3d the seat meshes are called Y and Y01, and in the cockpit.ini they are called Y and Z, for instance. I compared with the ones for Mirage 2000D where there they have the same names.

2.jpg.35fef3a4e5142707a1abbca173243c66.jpg

PS - The Mirage 2000D (Florian did it I think),  works the same, I tested, you CAN switch places in a cockpit and have two distinct panels.

Edited by UllyB

This is the original file where you are instructed how to switch between the two places in the cockpit:

##switch between front and back seats.txt

and these are the lines into the cockpit.ini concernig the seats:

[SeatY]
Type=ARRESTING_HOOK_INDICATOR
NodeName=SeatY
MovementType=POSITION_Y
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0
Set[02].Position=1.854
Set[02].Value=1

[SeatZ]
Type=ARRESTING_HOOK_INDICATOR
NodeName=SeatZ
MovementType=POSITION_Z
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0
Set[02].Position=-0.81
Set[02].Value=1

The meshes for seats have different names, in the 3D model:

1.thumb.jpg.582dab665baa0beeea3678d11906249d.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.73fac233fbb0972cfa855451e8b69765.jpg

Edited by UllyB

The Mi-24P beta, right?

And you are using the "Oprional Data From Marcfighter.rar data ini ?

This optional file is missing the Tailhook system in the SystemName list in one of the components.

The other data has it in the Fuselage component section, SystemName[010]=Tailhook , thats why it works with one file but not with the optional file

So add the Tailhook to the SystemName list and make sure that it has the correct number.

• Thanks 1

Maaaaaaaaaaan. ! THAT WAS IT!!! See ? Just a tiny line erased, without letting people know it, and everything blows to pieces ! I tried everything, I almost didn't sleep searching for a solution, I even called an old friend who works in 3D field to ask for expertise and help. Man...you just made my day. GOD BLESS YOU, I will never forget your help and your nick.!