So i just installed sf2 and i have my joystick setup(Logitech extreme 3D pro) with my G27 pedals as rudder pedals, all of the other binded keys work fine but none of my weapons will fire even with an appropriate lock?

I know im most likely doing something wrong on my end but i just cant figure it out, any help?

W10 64bit

Try and see if you CAN set for firing other buttons/kesy first. If you can't set key for firing at all , then you move forward. Check this first.

PS - it is not clear for me if you want everything set for your joystick/pedals ONLY etc or...you want a mix of these two (joystick+ keyboard)

Edited by UllyB

I have the radar controls and the main aircraft controls on the stick itself, the rest is still mapped to the keyboard. I changed "Fire Selected Weapon" to different keyboard keys and still cannot fire anything.

is there a way to uninstall the controls ini file and re make it ? or should i just try a full re-install?

delete the in the /Flight folder, restart the game, and it'll create a new one for you to "adjust"

oops .. my mistake!! the /Controls folder!! sorry!

Im not seeing that folder either... maybe i should try re installing sf2? or could I create the folder with an ini file?

Edited by SlothKid

Try checking your Saved Games folder on your C: drive

Indeed...

there ain't nothing "user serviceable" in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire. It's all in the "mods folder" in the /SavedGames folder

Im confused, where is this /saved game folder? i don't see it in program files or my documents? 

I Started a campaign, since I had not done so yet and saved it, I also saved a control scheme and I cannot find either?

Type "Saved Games" in your search bar at the bottom of your computer. It should take you to the folder.

• Like 1

It is usually located C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games

• Like 1

OK! i was able to get my missiles to fire!!

Thank you guys!

I found the controls and it was not mapping my trigger to fire, after fixing I am able to fire missiles, I still cannot fire my cannons though, is this a different bind then "fire weapon"?

I figured it out, I just set my thumb switch to "FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN" and I can now fire them just fine, Thanks for the help with this! :biggrin:

I guess it's a safe bet you haven't read this little tidbit in our ever-ignored Knowledge Base ...

while slight outdated, it will give the basics. I'd also recommend -HIGHLY- not adding any mods or add-ons to the game until you get familiar with the file and folder structures and system. This is the advice we give all newcomers to the SF2 series.

One might also find interesting reading in the other threads, as experience is gained with the SF2 system