I have received the suggestion to add Taif Airbase as it was used during ODS. However, it's outside the terrain so it only exists for the AI as an OffMapAirbase. This got me thinking; can anyone provide me with a list of airbases that need to be added for ODS? My terrain should have all possible player-usable bases already, so I simply have to focus on adding Off Map Airbases.

Edited by Menrva

the list would be expansive... if you went all out on the BUFF force for example, you'd have flights out of Barksdale, Wurtsmith, RAF Fairford, Moron AB, and Diego Garcia just off the top of my head.  quite a few birds flew out of Turkey as well, including the few F-4Es that made the party

4 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

the list would be expansive... if you went all out on the BUFF force for example, you'd have flights out of Barksdale, Wurtsmith, RAF Fairford, Moron AB, and Diego Garcia just off the top of my head.  quite a few birds flew out of Turkey as well, including the few F-4Es that made the party

Diego Garcia is already added. Don't worry about the long list; just give me the names of the most used. Which Turkish air bases, for instance? It's just a matter of finding correct coordinates and I can add them in no time. They will be useful in campaigns for the AI aircraft. Adds to the realism. Also, unlike the original DS terrain, this one is a lot more dangerous and full of SAMs, so we need those BUFFs doing their job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

this one is a lot more dangerous and full of SAMs

Looks like SHIFT+ESC will be my favourite combo on this map ;-)

• Haha 1

On 24/2/2018 at 10:00 AM, Menrva said:

Diego Garcia is already added. Don't worry about the long list; just give me the names of the most used. Which Turkish air bases, for instance? It's just a matter of finding correct coordinates and I can add them in no time. They will be useful in campaigns for the AI aircraft. Adds to the realism. Also, unlike the original DS terrain, this one is a lot more dangerous and full of SAMs, so we need those BUFFs doing their job!

The base was Incirlik,where the 7440th Composite Provisional Wing was based;I will suggest also King Abdul Aziz AB,Saudi Arabia,where the Marines based the the OV-10A/D of VMO-1 and -2 and the AV-8B of VMA-311 and a det from another Harrier squadron ( don't remember actually).

Gianni

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

The base was Incirlik,where the 7440th Composite Provisional Wing was based;I will suggest also King Abdul Aziz AB,Saudi Arabia,where the Marines based the the OV-10A/D of VMO-1 and -2 and the AV-8B of VMA-311 and a det from another Harrier squadron ( don't remember actually).

Gianni

Grazie per le info, Gianni!

Ok then, I will add Incirlik and some of those listed by daddyairplanes. King Abdulaziz Airbase is on the terrain already, but it appears as Dhahran Airbase during ODS dates (it was renamed to King Abdulaziz in 1999).

Edited by Menrva

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with..!

Tonka F3 HUD

from this

img00186.thumb.JPG.afec64573226af7bbc5468e6a9518185.JPG

to this (with wip new gunsight)

img00189.thumb.JPG.ce505ec348e90309795fcb873b74f922.JPG

repainted new gunsight

img00188.thumb.JPG.76543febfc836c0086a5183fc7d33cf8.JPG

and MRAAM Skyflash mode (2M = 2 MRAAM remaining, also counts SRAAM and gun ammo)

img00192.thumb.JPG.e1e0b8961a8fed0ee907dc8994872efe.JPG

What started as a quick new gunsight mod went out of control... :ninja:

• Like 9

As with Op Darius, if you want to use the updated Turkeys, go for it.

• Thanks 1

I'm already so excited,ODS is one of my preferred mods,maybe 'cause I "lived" the real conflict as a young interested enthusiast;I remember that registered on VHS any news from TV to have video of planes in action....

BTW,despite not directely relationed to this topic,I've played at least one mission at day with ODS Redux since I've joined the community ( almost a year now) and never ,never,never played a single air base strike (ABA) with any Services or Nations...exist a way to implement this type of missions? As also the way to end the campaign in the real date of the conflict 02/28/1991).

3 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

I've played at least one mission at day with ODS Redux since I've joined the community ( almost a year now) and never ,never,never played a single air base strike (ABA) with any Services or Nations...exist a way to implement this type of missions? As also the way to end the campaign in the real date of the conflict 02/28/1991).

Yes, I can do both. I am not sure about the first thing, but there should be a way to give priority to certain targets such as air bases.

Funny, all I ever get are missions to attack airbases when flying F-15Es.

You're lucky Viggen!

I really want to play ABA missions,will be a must for the first missions as a strike plane,otherwise why have Brit Tonkas and JP-233?

Maybe only with AMI Tornadoes I attacked a runway,but I don't remember exactly,I used the Italian almost a year ago...

first bit of research, as ot what was there, what is in mod currently and what needs fixed or added. posted publicly for those that want to see whats going on and maybe join in.

pinkish bars are not available, yellow is DAT (so considered not available), green go and red no.

ships list out tomorrow, then vehicles and sams next week.

Menvra, in the unit columns each one has its location listed as best as i could find. except for BUFFs, need abit more time to get bases down for the provisional wings. will attempt to do similar for ships, esp the carriers and amphibs

viper63, if ya catch this looking to use your upgrades for several aircraft skins (tho i will be using my own Hercs!)

ODS Aircraft.xlsx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

(tho i will be using my own Hercs!)

I suppose new skins on Dels' new Hercs models! Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the unit listing, it's a start.

Ehi Menrva,

check the PM,I sent you a pair of pics that maybe will be useful ( or maybe not...)

9 hours ago, Menrva said:

I suppose new skins on Dels' new Hercs models! Looking forward to it!

already done my friend.

the fact that so many of my mods of the last couple of years were fixing individual planes with an ODS theme was the inspiration for this

Do you guys realize you're the last development team making modern combat flight simulations that isn't Eagle Dynamics?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

already done my friend

And I had downloaded that already! Damn, looks like I am getting old.

7 minutes ago, PFunk said:

Do you guys realize you're the last development team making modern combat flight simulations that isn't Eagle Dynamics?

Well said. I am so happy to see that we're reworking ODS and that you, PFunk, are updating Operation Darius as well. When I started to remake the terrains, I was hoping for something like this to happen. So, I'm very glad to be part of such development team!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sorry all, thought i had uploaded this already. will be about two weeks (actual not modder speak) til i get ground vehicles and SAMs out there, RL is keeping me hopping as well as trying to get a project wrapped that was already in progress when i started this post.

those in the PM, will pass actual game files there, reference info like these spreadsheets out in the clear as below

here is the ships that are in mod/available here (or at DAT grrr)/ not available. generated the list of participants first, then if they were represented in game or not

ODS ships.xlsx

many types, esp support and amphibs missing, and this doesnt go through the mega installs already out there, only ODS so far.  big loss is the Forrestals; while the Kitty Hawks are upgraded Forrestals they also are laid out different, so not as good to just say "hey its CV-60!" but if a non-DAT Forrestal isnt in the works anywhere, thats what may have to happen

just caught this message, will check it against pics from above later, currently going nuts trying to line up a curve on a Fuerza Aerea Argentina 707 for someone.

big difference IIRC between the Forrestals and Kitty Hawks (which were originally billed as improved Forrestals) was placement of elevators. every carrier in a class is a little different as improvements on the last one are incorporated, but nothing as big as putting the elevators in a different position!

is there a way to ini remove parts off a ground object? cause otherwise that Saratoga isnt much good to us with the build in static aircraft (sorry bout later reply, CRS an RL are conspiring against me again)