Sign in to follow this  
PFunk

StationSpecificCode Problem

Experiencing a very odd issue with weapons showing up on a plane.

Two things are true:

1.  If the weapon has a StationSpecificCode in the Weapons Editor, I cannot load it on any aircraft.

2.  If the entries for weapons stations in the aircraft's data.ini have a StationSpecificCode for a weapon, no weapons can be loaded on my aircraft except fuel tanks.  That's it.

Anyone know what I've done?

The codes in weapons.ini and plane_data.ini must be exactly the same.

and it will only work wit specificstation code on aircraft and weapon.

so...if weapon has code  - aircraft not  - then no go...it will not work...and opposite.

simply weapons with code are made only to fit specific aircrafts / weapon stations / countries etc...

imply weapons with code are made only to fit specific aircrafts / weapon stations / countries etc..

examples include the stock F-14, and several MiG-23s. Check their data inis.

Okay, I think I have the SpecificStationCode problem sorted out, but why are all my aircraft using the Exported Availability dates instead of the native ones?

Probably because it's not the same Nation, keep in mind that countries with multiple entries for each of their services are considered separate nations by the game engine.

So for instance, if you try to load a USAF weapon on a USN plane, the dates used will be the export ones.

Also IIRC the date checks are done for the player aircraft's nation at mission load, not the aircraft's nation of origin, so if you load a stock USAF Phantom but as a Greek Air Force one, the available weapons will be the ones available for export, if you change back to USAF in the loadout page, the available weapons will not be updated.

Edited by Gunrunner

Ah, got it.  Tracking now.  Thanks.

EDIT:  Getting back into SF2 after a long hiatus.  Relearning a few things.

Edited by PFunk