Sign in to follow this  
DutchElvis

Looking for the Mirage Factory F/A-18A for SF1

AFIIK the site is not longer available.

BUT:

You can download a modified version of the plane here:

The olny thing is, that you must open the f/A-18A_data.ini with notepad editor and change the entry

NationName=KUWAIT

into

NationName=USN

save the file.

Then you need a american Navy Skin like these:

Well the Kuwait one is a "C" Hornet and effects etc are missing from the original F-18A pack....

how odd ...

I can get to via the link above, and download it.

maybe it's part of my admin functions??? :dntknw:

someone see if this works...

Same with me. No access to the link.

ok then ...I guess I spoke too soon.

for some f-ed up reason, the download comes as "F-14A_AREA88.zip". And then it don't open. Some kind of "this is an archive zip" crap of some kind

I guess the best thing to do, is search my ancient archives, and see if I even have the original someplace! What I am going to do now, is "hide" this one, so as to not create an issue. Not much of an issue, really, as the cursed thing is messed up...

Give me some time!

alternatively, and it's a bit of work, you could download the Operation Desert Storm mod (ODS). You'll need all 3 parts, and then you have to hunt around for all the correct "parts" (weapons, fuel tanks, pilots, effects). 

I've got 3 external HDs, a foot high stack of CDs to go through ... just so you know...

Good enough, thanks! Running into issues anyway, as I've wiped out all my weapons in my WOE install. Ah, the joys of SF1 modding are coming back to me.  

19 hours ago, Wrench said:

I guess the best thing to do, is search my ancient archives, and see if I even have the original someplace! What I am going to do now, is "hide" this one, so as to not create an issue. Not much of an issue, really, as the cursed thing is messed up...

Give me some time!

I think i have found the original on my harddrive. The file has the name  FA_18A_Hornet_V1.0, it is from 2007 12th of April, Size 10.355 kB

If you want i would upload it or send it to you via PM.

That's good news, Gepard! If you want, PLEASE feel free! I know our 1stGen brothers (and sisters) would appriciate it!

I also found my original d/l. From 2005, it was the "exe" type of install that TMF liked to use. It has the VFA-25 and VMFA-122 skins, decals, weapons, pilot, sounds, and effects

What is the date of the LOD in yours? Mine is

FA-18A.LOD, dated 08/19/2005, at 1,208 kb

honestely, I don't remember HOW many F/A-18A we had back then!!

On 8.2.2018 at 8:10 PM, Wrench said:

That's good news, Gepard! If you want, PLEASE feel free! I know our 1stGen brothers (and sisters) would appriciate it!

I also found my original d/l. From 2005, it was the "exe" type of install that TMF liked to use. It has the VFA-25 and VMFA-122 skins, decals, weapons, pilot, sounds, and effects

What is the date of the LOD in yours? Mine is

FA-18A.LOD, dated 08/19/2005, at 1,208 kb

honestely, I don't remember HOW many F/A-18A we had back then!!

I think its the same file:

FA-18A.jpg.bbb048b060e4a18beac7541cc390987b.jpg

5a7f0d4c98a26_FA-18Ascreen.thumb.jpg.700ef09f28632f936f41152c4868b71c.jpg

Edited by Gepard

I have loaded the plane into the Download area. It still need the Okay of an admin. Then you can fly and enjoy the original TMF F/A-18A.

• Thanks 1