If you guys had ever wondered why no F-15 Camo skins were made for SF2, especially since Israeli Camo F-16's exist, well, the answer is it is a hard thing to do. Been working on this for nearly 8 hours (it's snowing here, so no work) and this is all I have done. I completed the F-14 Splinter camo in less time.

Splinter WIP.jpg

F-14 Splinter.jpg

• Like 7

are you using the lod viewer? i dont just mean you have it, rather  use it to see where different parts are and on what texture

5a8362641c7c9_sampleone.thumb.jpg.52244ab86fb927e2bbe03c9e30e2b054.jpg

5a836268ae763_sampletwo.thumb.jpg.8684061c5a7e15feb7d71148de9c0265.jpg

it helps alot in getting things placed. the rest is some creative visualization and liberal use of layers in image editor of your choice

of course if you knew about it already and its still being difficult disregard the above

as says, instructions in the readme's. it's really not to hard to use. i think hardest things to learn were to hold the alt button when rotating a model, the feature above (select a node then right click), and selecting the object ini rahter than the lod. it will show in the lod usually but theres less quirks if you pick the item ini. otherwise the lod  viewer is pretty easy and the best damn tool released. you dont even have to fire up the game constantly to check progress!

• Like 2

you can export the map with "show meshes" as well, which allows you to see mesh bounderies on map

You'll find many other stock 3W birds with mapping issues -- I've got an early 2-tone grey A-6E I'm doing, and have discovered that the flaps top and bottoms are mapped to the same place!!! (which is fine for gull grey/white, or overall TPS grey, but 2-tone grey, not so much...)

also, holding down the SHIFT key allows you to slide the view around

a6e tram tex 4 mapping.jpg

9 hours ago, pappychksix said:

If you guys had ever wondered why no F-15 Camo skins were made for SF2, especially since Israeli Camo F-16's exist, well, the answer is it is a hard thing to do. Been working on this for nearly 8 hours (it's snowing here, so no work) and this is all I have done. I completed the F-14 Splinter camo in less time.

Great start on camo Pete! 

Well Mue´s lod_viewer is the most helpful tool we skinners have for SF2. 

Saves a lot of time.

Btw what about a Ferris Camo skin? ;-)

f15ferris4.jpg

• Like 1

(in Jon Travolta voice)

Ain't it cool??!!!

Yes sir...this tool does everything except for cook your breakfast......