Hi, I'm looking for a skin template for the Su-47 by ivanbasic , wondering where I might be able to find it. I've tried looking under every category, although I may not have been looking hard enough if the template can be found :D

Thanks in-advance!

There are no templates available.

In those cases the best way is to contact the creator of this mod and ask if he has some and if so, he could kindly share them.

You're going to have to create the template yourself. It's pretty easy, just redraw the panel lines and you're done. Actually if you want I can try to do it myself.

Contacting the creator in this case would be pretty hard because the website where the Su-47 came from hasn't been updated in years and the user (whose name I don't remember right now) I haven't seen in an equally long time.

It's a pity we do not have a decent Su-47 model for SF2. The one posted by zachtan is rather dated. There used to be a beta Su-47 model by YEYEYE, but it seems it is no longer available anywhere. I have seen various WIPs about a Berkut in a number of threads, but none came to fruition.

2 minutes ago, tonipm99 said:

Contacting the creator in this case would be pretty hard because the website where the Su-47 came from hasn't been updated in years and the user (whose name I don't remember right now) I haven't seen in an equally long time.

You're talking about YEYEYE's Su-47, which is no longer available at his "Owl workshop" site. The one posted by zachtan is a different model.

Edited by Menrva

6 minutes ago, Menrva said:

You're talking about YEYEYE's Su-47, which is no longer available at his "Owl workshop" site. The one posted by zachtan is a different model.

It is the same model. I have YEYEYE's (I knew that was his name... hahaha) and I just checked with LOD Viewer and indeed, same animations, same everything.

37 minutes ago, tonipm99 said:

It is the same model. I have YEYEYE's (I knew that was his name... hahaha) and I just checked with LOD Viewer and indeed, same animations, same everything.

No, it isn't. Are you sure that one is by YEYEYE? The one by YEYEYE, which I have, has different mapping and it's way better despite it is a alpha version. I'll try to post a screenshot when possible.

Edited by Menrva

1 hour ago, tonipm99 said:

You're going to have to create the template yourself. It's pretty easy,

However easy don't mean fast ;-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

No, it isn't. Are you sure that one is by YEYEYE? The one by YEYEYE, which I have, has different mapping and it's way better despite it is a alpha version. I'll try to post a screenshot when possible.

There are multiple Su-47s? I honestly thought there were only two released; the one by YEYEYE (the one I'm pretty sure I have) and the one in the A-Team site (originally by Alphasim for FSX) which couldn't be more broken. I do remember reaching YEYEYE's site and downloading his Su-47, then seeing that it was the same I had (the one I sent to myself). What I also remember is that the one I got from YEYEYE's site only had the black skin, while the one I have has both the black skin and a camo one. Maybe the one I have, and the one available here are an even earlier version? Also at the time I was 12 at most, if the differences aren't huge then it's 100% likely I was mistaken.

Really, please upload a screenshot because I am very curious about it.

1 hour ago, guuruu said:

However easy don't mean fast ;-)

Well, we are in two weeks land! :lol:

@tonipm99 Here are the screenshots so you can see the differences:

3d model linked by zachtan:

img00004.JPG

img00007.JPG

3d model made by YEYEYE (Alpha version, 40% complete):

img00003.JPG

img00006.JPG

YEYEYE's version, while being incomplete, is actually miles better! Unfortunately, it is no longer available at his "Owl workshop" site. All links to his stuff are down. And I don't think I can redistribute it, even in its incomplete state. I have found some very old threads where Berkut models were being developed, even threads where someone posted screenshots showing a fixed version of YEYEYE's Su-47 (with working TVC). Still, a lot of people show their work, but sometimes it never gets released.

Edited by Menrva

3 minutes ago, Menrva said:

@tonipm99 Here are the screenshots so you can see the differences:

Holy crap, it's so not the same thing... Such a pity he didn't finish it.

3 minutes ago, tonipm99 said:

Holy crap, it's so not the same thing... Such a pity he didn't finish it.

To my eyes, it's actually finished, 3d model speaking. It's the _data.ini that misses a lot of things, animations, proper TVC, etc. I'm not good at flight modeling, but it can be fixed and completed I think. As I said, I have found threads where someone fixed such things, but it was never released, it seems.

Edited by Menrva

the one in the A-Team site (originally by Alphasim for FSX) which couldn't be more broken

don't say such things on an open forum -- you could get banned from there!!! ***

**sorry, the sarcasm don't come through in text! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Menrva said:

To my eyes, it's actually finished, 3d model speaking. It's the _data.ini that misses a lot of things, animations, proper TVC, etc. I'm not good at flight modeling, but it can be fixed and completed I think. As I said, I have found threads where someone fixed such things, but it was never released, it seems.

Is it because they weren't able to contact YEYEYE? If it's not that, and if you don't mind of course, I can take a look, see if I can do something about it.

19 hours ago, Wrench said:

don't say such things on an open forum -- you could get banned from there!!! ***

**sorry, the sarcasm don't come through in text! :lol:

But isn't that an achievement? ;)

4 minutes ago, tonipm99 said:

Is it because they weren't able to contact YEYEYE? If it's not that, and if you don't mind of course, I can take a look, see if I can do something about it.

As long as we give expressed credit to him, I think there is no problem. Check your PM later ;)

14 minutes ago, Menrva said:

As long as we give expressed credit to him, I think there is no problem. Check your PM later ;)

Thanks.

I never understand these stupid no share rules. As long as someone is not selling them it shouldn't matter. Especially when they are models or sites that are no longer supported. Obviously if they don't support it anymore, they don't care. Like that skunk work sites you cant even get in there to get those models. Or I hate when I download a pack and there is no freaking model included. I actually had almost everything at one point and my hard drive went bad. So I lost it all. I also lost my own build of the Baja Scorpions F-117. I made it since I couldn't find one. I put a lot of time in it and it was going to be the on thing I would contribute. Also I could care less what people did with. As long as people got to use it I would have been happy. I mean this game is also pretty old. So why do people care? I was never able to get this Su-47 anywhere either.

On 2/22/2018 at 1:49 PM, Wrench said:

Capun: You'll be shot for this!

certain CA members: Nah, I don't think so. More like banned. I've been banned before

2 hours ago, PhatNerd said:

So why do people care? I was never able to get this Su-47 anywhere either.

You've made lots of wrong assumptions. First of all, there is a Su-47 available here, but it's far from being good. The other Su-47 which seems complete and better is actually much incomplete and far from being flyable decently. Source files of it were never available, so we are stuck with the 3d model as is, it cannot be modified. I for one don't feel like releasing something that's not mine, especially if it is not in good state. People are not all like you or like me. Everyone has the right to exercise his/her own reasons as long as doing so does not harm or insult others. There are still some 3d modellers here, and probably someone does have a better Su-47 in the works. So please, enjoy what this community has to offer already. Me and a lot of other modders have contributed much during the years, and to see this complaint is kind of heartbreaking.

Edited by Menrva

3 hours ago, PhatNerd said:

I mean this game is also pretty old. So why do people care?

because those of us who have created things for this game, shared, and then seen them passed off by someone else as their own work tend to get annoyed. the game and many models used in it are in fact old, but the people who work on it still are keeping it somewhat fresh (and with many more player flyable options than other combat flight sims)

if you've never had anything stolen from you, we really cant explain it to you. if you've had so much as a coin stolen from your lunch money, then its the same principle on a different level

thats why people care

Because them's the rules. You don't like it, our door swings both ways.  Your choice

As someone who's actually HAD my work pirated, we take such things quite seriously.

• Like 1

I joined this place about 5 or 6 years ago and have never said anything until now. If I were to get banned for asking a questions? That would seem pretty petty to me. All asked is why these are the rules. Sorry for calling them stupid. That was more or less the frustration of seeing this conversion about this Su 47 model being out there but you can have it kinda thing. I personally wouldn't care if someone used my F-117. In fact I be happy to see it being used. But I understand I am not everyone. I can understand people being protective of their work if they are actively into it and are making it available to people. My point was that if some guy left some project and didn't finish it and vanished years ago, it sounds like a dead project that he has no interest in. It is a shame that its just wasted and no one can use it. Thousands of people download this stuff. I see models that have all this work done but no LOD? I mean what is the difference? Obviously the lod is required and was used to make the package anyway?? I get packages with jet effects, decals, or sounds missing? I fix a lot of them myself. I hope that's not against the rules.. I don't understand some of these things. Like when I lost all my models on my HDD I knew I have to come here and download only 5 files a day? Another thing I don't understand. What difference does it make if get them in a day or a month? I don't have a problem with the rules. I really just don't understand the logic behind them and would like to. Also someone mentioned a Su-47 model is on here but I couldn't find it. Its not listed under the normal download stuff. I lost my stuff like a year ago. But I had a bunch of stuff that I can't get any more like a Vulcan. I may have got it form A team but it seems like you cant get nothing form those guys with out giving them money or something. So I don't know how I did it before. Said something like even if you have an account you need password permission for each download now. At least combat ace is not that ridiculous.

I have the Vulcan here at CA...it was my original model and uploaded it here...if they pay for it at that place tough...here its free as I intended.

Edited by russouk2004

19 hours ago, PhatNerd said:

I joined this place about 5 or 6 years ago and have never said anything until now.

Like when I lost all my models on my HDD I knew I have to come here and download only 5 files a day? Another thing I don't understand. What difference does it make if get them in a day or a month? I don't have a problem with the rules. I really just don't understand the logic behind them and would like to.

With due respect, what have you done for this community during all these years? All I see is you downloading mods for free, never say thank you and instead complaining for it.

Why there's a limit per day? Sites are not magically maintained without money. This site relies on donations, so with that limit it encourages users either to pay for a membership, or to contribute with mods. I have been here for so long, contributing with various mods, to the point that my mod contributions granted me less restrictions, so I can download more than 5 files per day. This doesn't happen magically, it took time.

Last but not least, you claiming that you'd be happy if someone uses your 3d model etc... Clearly you're not a modder, nor a 3d modeller. Many here have experienced what it feels like to see someone steal your own work and claim it as your own, or even make money out of it. This is why rules exist. I've been through a similar experience, and to see someone else copy paste your hard work of years, and then claim it as his own, is all but funny.

I make mods and I am happy to release them, as long as people don't steal them nor claim them as their own work somewhere else. You instead are one of those users who downloads stuff, that is all. You also asked certain questions all for a single Su-47 3d model that is not used by anyone because it's incomplete and can't be completed. I still have that lost 3d model. I didn't share it with close friends or anything like it. I shared it with another modder in the past, who attempted to complete it, but nothing came out of it. So I don't know why you're obsessed about having an incomplete, messed up Su-47 that nobody uses.

I have seen so many mods here not being released even if they are complete. But I don't complain about it. I am happy for what is here already, lots of content you don't see on other sites. This site is great for me as it is.

No hard feelings. That's all.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 4

Just now, PhatNerd said:

My point was that if some guy left some project and didn't finish it and vanished years ago, it sounds like a dead project that he has no interest in. It is a shame that its just wasted and no one can use it.

You mean that guy does not deserve respect then... If he wished not to share, show or finish his work....just make peace with it. Move on. There are plenty of other models. No one gonna dies because there is no specific model in-game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2