MigBuster

Hurricane (Film 2019)

I'll definitely watch it.

Me too!!

I know I did their skin for SF2 (ETO) some years back

Yes I am definitely going to watch this one. Heard about it on the internet some time ago and it looks just as good as  Battle of Britain (1969).

52 minutes ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

Heard about it on the internet some time ago and it looks just as good as  Battle of Britain (1969).

Yep, I had the same feeling. Battle of Britain is very well done, and of course no CGI!

5 hours ago, Menrva said:

Yep, I had the same feeling. Battle of Britain is very well done, and of course no CGI!

Just love that film, as you say Menrva,  real Spitfires and real Hurricanes with an all star cast. 

"Poland has not yet died, so long as we still live." The Polish anthem seems to have been written for guys like these... Even while, actually, the 303rd's best scorer during the BoB was a Czech. The Battle of Britain movie showed Poles thrown into battle while unsufficiently prepared: problems with keeping formations, with radio protocols, and lack of fluency in English (a sequence in the movie, when a Pole warned for the Hun behind him, checks above first). Their spontaneous recklessness owed them great successes, but also great losses. At least, there were used to be provided with the least efficient of the available foreign aircraft fighters: in the French service during Spring 1940, their national squadron was fitted with the greatly underpowered Caudron C.714 (500hp!!). As a result, they scored little and lost many, while the Free Czechs, scattered between the active French squadrons, scored much more.

48 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

September 7th it appears

Yup ;-) 70 years without any movie and now 2 movies in 1 month;-)

Nah, I'm happy they are, these pilots were waiting long time for their time.

God bless you all men and women of RAF.  You were our real friends.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:05 PM, Nightshade/PR said:

I've seen it.

My recommendation: Make the time/effort to see it. It's DAMNED good.

Someday OcmbatACE should be big enough for such a comment to appear as an important critique they display when they're advertising an aviation movie. ... "The reviews are in" says deep movie voice guy "and CombatACE recommends you watch it because it's damned good."

All kidding aside. You people know your stuff and I really watch it.

I was just about to post a notice of this film, but I see people found it already.

Without any spoilers... it is an almost flawless movie. Maybe the only watchable war movie since Letter from Iwo Jima. Whoever did it managed to earn my respect. And that's really hard to get anyone knows me can confirm:lol:

In short, it told whatever must be told about Polish pilots. Finally some respect shown - and the shameful sorrow aftermath.  I wonder when Hollywood will produce something at least equally acceptable?

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 1

Hollywood? Never. Two different philosophies of making movies. One is whatever makes the most money and this production by the Pols is whatever makes the best story that needs to be told. Definitely a must see!

21 hours ago, Snailman said:

Maybe the only watchable war movie since Letter from Iwo Jima

:-0) I like this movie, strange as all japanese movies, but it has something that you want watch it to the end .

3 hours ago, guuruu said:

:-0) I like this movie, strange as all japanese movies, but it has something that you want watch it to the end .

Well it is an american movie ))) Directed by Clint Eastwood. Now that's why it is strange - being daaammnnn good! :ok: :lol:

I knew, I should check it before typing ;-)