so, I was having a fit of immaturity-induced rage when I hit upon an Idea: whatabout a supersonic skyhawk? now I've tried and tried aain, but I can't get a stock a-4e skyhawk (1967) above mach 1.04. blueprints below. can someone tell me how to get it above say around mach 2.6?

A-4E_67_DATA.INI

ok, i gotta ask: why?

iirc, there was talk of putting a non afterburning F404 in some Scooters for the Adversary roles, and it would have taken them a little past M1 because of thrust to weight ratio.  but IRL intakes are not set up for much past that, and it would run out of gas right about the time it hit top speed, or would hit that speed with enough gas bags to fly awhile

the data could be edited, but as one of the historical purists here, Ed Heinemann didnt make a naval ME163.

• Thanks 1

indeed, why would you need to???

8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

ok, i gotta ask: why?

iirc, there was talk of putting a non afterburning F404 in some Scooters for the Adversary roles, and it would have taken them a little past M1 because of thrust to weight ratio.  but IRL intakes are not set up for much past that, and it would run out of gas right about the time it hit top speed, or would hit that speed with enough gas bags to fly awhile

the data could be edited, but as one of the historical purists here, Ed Heinemann didnt make a naval ME163.

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

indeed, why would you need to???

because 

a. I love me Heinmann's hot rod

b. I want to do a supersonic intruder mission with it on the desert map campaigns

c. I reeeeeaaaaaalllly just want to see my friend's face when he sees what I did to the aircraft he LOVES shooting down

d. I wanna shoot stuff down with it area-88 esque: I already made it able to out turn and outmaneuver a MiG-21 from just above GL to around 13000 feet

also, this aircraft seems to be unlandable and uncontrollable by the AI. any reasons why?

Edited by OncomingStorm1984
EDIT: ADDED MOAR STUFFS

Just use an F-16 and say to your friend it's an A-4 with some body kit attached. Or create a mission were the Scooter has a realistic chance....2 vs. 2 with early Missiles (AIM-9B and the like) or something like that.  ;)

But your M2.6-idea is horrible. :P

Don't take it personally though.

P.S. In this thread is a similar approach, but not that far off as yours.

Edited by Nyghtfall