one4five

Philippines and New Guinea terrain problems

the two terrains are giving me the same grief, the game crashes at 80& loading

i tried a work around, created a new exe copy, renamed it PTO, start the game for few seconds, new mod folder, copy the terrains and the planes ........

but still crash at 80%, other terrains work okay

i`m not sure what i need to do here

any suggestions to solve this?

those are for use in WW2, PTO, era specific mods folders ONLY. Do NOT try and use them with or in anywhere else.

make sure you have all the necessary ground objects, as well. All WW2 SoWesPac specific.

other than that, I can't help you

"all the necessary ground objects, as well. All WW2 SoWesPac specific." these are probably the missing part,

i already copied the items you included in "extra bits" folders, still more items i need?

oh, indeed

no even close.

(seriously, the Imperial JAPANESE Army is using Nazi half-tracks?). Time to start researching Allied and IJA/IJN weapons and vehicles) Also, the trains don't do anything, but sit in the stations.

here's a sample of what you'll be needing, some of which at only available "from The Other Place (tm)". Since I never finished the CBI terrain, and created a another mods folder for CBI and China, my PTO folder has things that aren't just SoWesPac and Central Pac.

pto-groundobjects-2.jpg

pto-groundobjects-4.jpg

pto-groundobjects-3.jpg

pto-groundobjects-1.jpg

got it, the problem is with my vietnamSEA.CAT,  switched  the cat file to desert it worked

i replaced vietnamsea.cat in the game main install terrain folder by vietnamsea.cat from Stary`s Green Hell terrain, Stary`s file worked alright, reverted back phillipines and new guenea ini back to vietnam cat again

i`m leaving this here for any one who would encounter the same problem