rwatson

Downloads for First Eagles ???

Hi

Went to the First Eagles download page and they are just listed as First Eagles will they work with First Eagles 2 ??    I can't tell what version they are for...Thank you for any help..Started flying Red Baron 3d a month ago and got the WWI bug and grabbed FE and would like to add some mods

13 minutes ago, rwatson said:

... will they work with First Eagles 2 ??  

The answer is yes.....probably.  There is little differentiation between FE and FE2, like in Strike Fighters.  Having said that, understand some of the earliest mods (aircraft, effects, etc) may have problems running in FE2 because of changes to the code over time. 

VonS runs most all aircraft, old or new, in FE2 and gets them to work.

Good luck!

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

Thank you Geezer..going to give it a shot..

Should work fine, I run several of the older aircraft made for FE/FEgold in FE2 without any problems, as Geezer indicated. Main thing is to double-check your decals.ini file located in the skin folder of an aircraft's folder (might require some tinkering with file pathways in the decals.ini file for decals to show up properly, but otherwise there haven't been any problems from what I've been able to see on my rig). Good luck with getting FE2 up and running - you'll find it a great improvement over RB3D.

Von S :flyer:

• Like 1

Thanks VonS,,,I've got the base FE2 up and running great..Tomorrow I'l grab some terrains and try them out..When I start putting mods in sims I always make a quick backup before so if something goes amiss I have a fallback install,,Actually I have both FE 1 and 2 installed..Got to do some reading here so I can tweak it a bit

• Like 1

Here's also my convenient post again under this thread for those who need direct links to many of the important downloads to FE2 - the link is also included in the PDF guides included with my FM updates packs.

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91337-problems-with-my-fe2/?tab=comments#comment-738368

And this one too is helpful for the different aircraft sub-types offered in the FM updates packs:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91337-problems-with-my-fe2/?tab=comments#comment-738514

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Added extra, helpful link.