Sign in to follow this  
Stipe

Croatia's new jet fighter

Yesterday it was announced that Croatia had chosen used Israeli F-16C/D (Block 30) Barak's to replace its fleet of ageing MiG-21BisD fighters. The deal is reportedly worth $500 million according to media reports and includes 12 aircraft (10 F-16C's and 2 F-16D's), the refurbishment (modernisation), two simulators, weapons and training. The first two are set to arrive in 2020. and the rest by 2022. The three other competitors to the Israeli offer were new Gripen C/D's, new F-16 Block 70's from the US and used F-16's from Greece. The first two offers were deemed too expensive while Greece's offer was unsatisfactory. Croatian authorities have said that they (ambitiously) plan to use these aircraft for the next 25 years at least.

• Thanks 1

I like that!

I saw the 21s for the first time in 1994 and love them, but they ARE a bit long in the teeth by now.

• Like 1

Stipe ja sam iz Srbije stvarno ne znam sta ce nam to,narod nema leba da nam jede a mi dajemo silne pare na avione...

Being part of NATO I suppose there is some commitment to uphold is there?

Still a dream aircraft in my eyes despite their mileage.

• Like 1

Congrats to Croatia! Glad they've finally come to a decision.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AmigoPilot said:

Stipe ja sam iz Srbije stvarno ne znam sta ce nam to,narod nema leba da nam jede a mi dajemo silne pare na avione...

Would be nice if you used English on this site.

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dtmdragon

View File F-4E Kurnass Israeli Airforce pack
      F-4E Kurnass Israeli Airforce pack
      Included:
      - F-4E_Kurnass  
      - F-4E_Kurnass_72
      - F-4E_Kurnass_73
      - F-4E_Kurnass_75
      - F-4E_Kurnass_78
      - F-4E_Kurnass_2000
      - some new weapons
      Animation / Function
      - Canopy
      - Hook
      - Air Refuel
      - Wing fold ______________ only on hard wing F-4E´s
      - Gun Vent ______________ automatic when gun is fired or as soon as the landing gear is deployed
      - Brake Chute____________ works with the Air Brake below 150kts (Excludes F-4E Kurnass (78) & F-4E Kurnass 2000)

NOTE:
      - This mod replaces existing TW and TMF aircrafts , please remove the existing folders before installing this mod , the existing skins / textures will no longer fit !!!!
      NOTE:
      - Stock TW squadron decals are used but with more detailed higher resolution versions that have panel lines and rivets etc for the Isreali Airforce Kurnass squadrons: 69, 105, 107, 119 & 201
      NOTE:
      - Some texture folder names may seem unusual but it is to create continuity to avoid the bug that stops an aircraft upgrading during a campaign if the texture folder names don't match.
      NOTE:
      - There were multiple separate F-4E deliveries prior to the 1973 war and due to the variations in the Blocks all sorts of different configurations of ECM antenna, strike camera, slats/ flaps, 'slime' lights,  MIDAS4 etc. Not to mention local upgrades of 'slime' lights, MIDAS4 muzzle mods and slat instillations. Now throw in the Operation Nickle Grass emergency aid ex USAF aircraft during the war! I have rounded them all up into the first three in-game variants below:
      F-4E_Kurnass       (with & without 'slimers')        
      F-4E_Kurnass_72    (Hard-Wing & MIDAS4)    
      F-4E_Kurnass_73    (Soft-Wing & MIDAS4)
      Hangar screens are in 1920 x 1080
      Installation:
      - Drop all files into your mod folder the way they are setup in this pack and overwrite if ask to
      - If you are unsure about the way how mods are installed, check the knowledge base at CombatAce!
      - Campaigns folder contains the stock TW 1973 Yom Kippur War and 1982 Lebanon War campaigns modified to include the aircraft, weapons and textures in this pack.
      Credits:
      - original model by TW , BPAO , Crab_02
      - cockpits from TW & ravenclaw_007
      - AUP cockpit Avionics by Cusader
      - F-4E USAF pack uploaded by ravenclaw_007
      - TISEO made by Crusader
      - original F-4E and Kurnass 2000 Templates from Sundowner
      - new updated model , textures and weapons by ravenclaw_007
      - original F-4E Kurnass 2000 and Super Phantom for Strike Fighters 2 by dtmdragon, Wrench and Sundowner
      - fake pilot F-4 chaff/flare by ravenclaw_007
      - new Walleye II ERDL Mk.23 Mod 1 by ravenclaw_007
      - myself (dtmdragon) for modification of the F-4E USAF pack into an Israeli specific F-4E Kurnass pack with IAF textures, weapons, loadouts and campaign mods
       CA fair use agreement applies.
      Dan.
      Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 07/18/2022 Category F-4  
    • By dtmdragon
      F-4E Kurnass Israeli Airforce pack
      Included:
      - F-4E_Kurnass  
      - F-4E_Kurnass_72
      - F-4E_Kurnass_73
      - F-4E_Kurnass_75
      - F-4E_Kurnass_78
      - F-4E_Kurnass_2000
      - some new weapons
      Animation / Function
      - Canopy
      - Hook
      - Air Refuel
      - Wing fold ______________ only on hard wing F-4E´s
      - Gun Vent ______________ automatic when gun is fired or as soon as the landing gear is deployed
      - Brake Chute____________ works with the Air Brake below 150kts (Excludes F-4E Kurnass (78) & F-4E Kurnass 2000)

NOTE:
      - This mod replaces existing TW and TMF aircrafts , please remove the existing folders before installing this mod , the existing skins / textures will no longer fit !!!!
      NOTE:
      - Stock TW squadron decals are used but with more detailed higher resolution versions that have panel lines and rivets etc for the Isreali Airforce Kurnass squadrons: 69, 105, 107, 119 & 201
      NOTE:
      - Some texture folder names may seem unusual but it is to create continuity to avoid the bug that stops an aircraft upgrading during a campaign if the texture folder names don't match.
      NOTE:
      - There were multiple separate F-4E deliveries prior to the 1973 war and due to the variations in the Blocks all sorts of different configurations of ECM antenna, strike camera, slats/ flaps, 'slime' lights,  MIDAS4 etc. Not to mention local upgrades of 'slime' lights, MIDAS4 muzzle mods and slat instillations. Now throw in the Operation Nickle Grass emergency aid ex USAF aircraft during the war! I have rounded them all up into the first three in-game variants below:
      F-4E_Kurnass       (with & without 'slimers')        
      F-4E_Kurnass_72    (Hard-Wing & MIDAS4)    
      F-4E_Kurnass_73    (Soft-Wing & MIDAS4)
      Hangar screens are in 1920 x 1080
      Installation:
      - Drop all files into your mod folder the way they are setup in this pack and overwrite if ask to
      - If you are unsure about the way how mods are installed, check the knowledge base at CombatAce!
      - Campaigns folder contains the stock TW 1973 Yom Kippur War and 1982 Lebanon War campaigns modified to include the aircraft, weapons and textures in this pack.
      Credits:
      - original model by TW , BPAO , Crab_02
      - cockpits from TW & ravenclaw_007
      - AUP cockpit Avionics by Cusader
      - F-4E USAF pack uploaded by ravenclaw_007
      - TISEO made by Crusader
      - original F-4E and Kurnass 2000 Templates from Sundowner
      - new updated model , textures and weapons by ravenclaw_007
      - original F-4E Kurnass 2000 and Super Phantom for Strike Fighters 2 by dtmdragon, Wrench and Sundowner
      - fake pilot F-4 chaff/flare by ravenclaw_007
      - new Walleye II ERDL Mk.23 Mod 1 by ravenclaw_007
      - myself (dtmdragon) for modification of the F-4E USAF pack into an Israeli specific F-4E Kurnass pack with IAF textures, weapons, loadouts and campaign mods
       CA fair use agreement applies.
      Dan.
    • By toot

View File Israeli Mig-21F-13 "007" stock
      During Operation Diamond an iraqi pilot has decided to defect from iraq with his family, and so he had landed his Mig-21 F-13 in israel. This acquisition of the new and advanced soviet fighter has given israel alot of insight on its capabilities, and how to fight againts it. During it's service with the israeli airforce (and the US airforce), it has took on several paint schemes, this being the final and most used one.

To install simply follow this steps:
      1) Drop "007 camo" into Objects->Aircraft->Mig--21F.
      2) Drop "Mig-21F" into Objects->Decals.

Credits: 
      Spinners- Providing the stock tw mig-21F-13 template
      Submitter toot Submitted 01/30/2023 Category Israeli Origin  
    • By toot
      During Operation Diamond an iraqi pilot has decided to defect from iraq with his family, and so he had landed his Mig-21 F-13 in israel. This acquisition of the new and advanced soviet fighter has given israel alot of insight on its capabilities, and how to fight againts it. During it's service with the israeli airforce (and the US airforce), it has took on several paint schemes, this being the final and most used one.

To install simply follow this steps:
      1) Drop "007 camo" into Objects->Aircraft->Mig--21F.
      2) Drop "Mig-21F" into Objects->Decals.

Credits: 
      Spinners- Providing the stock tw mig-21F-13 template
    • By Menrva

View File Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006)
      Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006) Terrain
      September 13th, 2022 (1st Release)
      by Menrva and tiopilotos

>For Strike Fighters 2, Recommended Full-5 Merged
      I am very proud to release a long awaited, brand new terrain made from scratch! The result of many years of dedication and sweat starting in 2017, it features thousands of manually placed tiles reproducing Real World river courses and lakes, not to mention tons of cities all accurately placed in their correct locations. This terrain portrays a pretty complex area, no wonder it never got made properly in two decades of Strike Fighters modding. It is my hope you realize the amount of time and hard effort that I have put to reproduce it with much care and detail.
      The terrain completely covers Italy (with the exception of Sicily, which is included in my Libya terrain), Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Corsica (France), Liechtenstein and nice portions of Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Macedonia, Greece and even a bit of Romania. The tileset, based on one of Stary's GermanyCE tilesets, has been recoloured and expanded with needed transition tiles and features beautiful, unique tiles by tiopilotos which reproduce real islands. Expect long and very accurate river courses, all major and some minor lakes, and tons of islands in the Adriatic Sea. Numerous target areas have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range; those include more than 140 airports, more than 100 SAM sites and more than 70 EW-GCI sites, all placed accurately in their correct locations as shown by well-made SAM site datasets for Google Earth.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from April 12, 1993 (the beginning of Operation Deny Flight) to June 2, 2006 (the day before Montenegro declared its independence). This terrain is adapt for the Yugoslav Wars and for what-if scenarios pitting Serbia against NATO. For gameplay purposes, Bosnia is set to Red Side alongside Serbia and Montenegro. Slovenia, Croatia and Macedonia are set to Blue Side. Airfields in Austria, Switzerland and Romania have been set to Neutral, so the AI and the player will never spawn on those by default.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible. Having SF2NA is a must, as I have enabled naval ops; if your mod folder contains American, French and Italian aircraft carriers, sometimes you'll see fleets being generated in single missions.
      NOTE: The terrain is not fully finished. It currently misses targets for cities, such as bridges, warehouses, factories etc. If time will allow, maybe someday it will be completed properly.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -tiopilotos, for working on very well done island tiles which offer more unique sights in the Adriatic Sea.
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs.
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -JSF_Aggie, for his Hi-Res Runway Textures package which I have included and slightly reworked.
      -Coupi, for his Soviet style repaint of the stock Runway3 airfield.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -Stary, for an old version of his GermanyCE tileset included in the Anatolia v1 terrain by PureBlue.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.

>Trivia:
      Some statistics of the amount of work that went into it, gathered thanks to gerwin's TFDtool. I placed manually one by one: more than 8600 rivers tiles, more than 1100 road tiles, more than 2000 city related tiles! This is just the tip of the iceberg, not counting other thousands of tiles that have been placed manually on the tilemap to better reproduce coastlines, islands and lakes, and not counting the endless hours of research since 2017 into adding all possible airports with much accuracy.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; you are NOT allowed to redistribute it without my prior explicit consent.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 09/12/2022 Category Full Terrains  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..