So I started playing SF2 again, and out of curiosity I installed the Continuation war mod. It's been pretty fun so far, so I'm looking to expand into more WW2 stuff, but there don't seem to be a whole lot of campaigns available for download. Does anyone make like, packs for the WWII stuff or do I have to grab everything piecemeal and stitch it together in some sort of frankenmod myself?

there are whole hog packs at DAT site, but you must have all prerequisites filled to download from them, and even then only download once or twice a day, 1/4 that on days that have d or y in them (yeah they dont have the greatest rep, check my signature). for here, pretty much go the franken mod route although there are less restrictions on acquisition/usage.

Not everything is available at either site, so there will be some holes in what you seek unfortuneatly

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

there are whole hog packs at DAT site, but you must have all prerequisites filled to download from them, and even then only download once or twice a day, 1/4 that on days that have d or y in them (yeah they dont have the greatest rep, check my signature). for here, pretty much go the franken mod route although there are less restrictions on acquisition/usage.

Not everything is available at either site, so there will be some holes in what you seek unfortuneatly

Ah, Damn. I saw the DAT thing, but i'm a bit leery of giving them the info they want. Any reccomendations for Pacific theatre stuff, which maps or aircraft are particularly reccomended? I tried searching "WW2" in the files section but it returned no reseults which I know isn't right.

Someone put together a little PTO campaign with a list of required aircraft and ground objects so it might be worth a look. I don't recall what terrain it was meant for. [from the guy that doesn't even have a PTO install yet]

26 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

https://combatace.com/files/category/446-ww2-era-aircraft/

https://combatace.com/files/category/745-full-terrains/

two places to start looking. how are your modding skills, on a range from 0: "where is the mod folder"      to     10:  3d modeller with many releases?

I can install mods other people have made, I'm not intimidated by modifying .ini files (unless it's like, a hundred of the things), and I can use the unpacker to extract plane <Airplane>_DATA.ini files. so I'll be conservative and say a 5(?) maybe

Looking at the Kokutai campaign, which I think is what baff was talking about, and grabbed the New guinea, P39, P-400, and G3 to test it real quick, and so far everything's working. Also grabbed the P-61 before the DL limit hit me because it's my favorite, even if it means no dogfights till tomorrow evening

2 hours ago, warhammer651 said:

I'll be conservative and say a 5(?) maybe

ok, if youre willing to use Gimp and make your own skins or tga, you should have enough 1940s stuff here to keep you occupied for a while, either in downloads or reskinnng a plane for a different theater/unit/era etc. double that activity if you tackle campaigns or even just terrains. WW2 is actually not my usual gig, but the beauty of SF series is the wide span that it covers

you dont have to be Michaleangelo to use Gimp, just be willing to try things out about 20 times before asking a million questions. i myself prefer to work with ready to go logo on the various projects i do, but can create from scratch in a pinch. i just approach it a bit more logically (shapes and angles and mirroring ) than creatively

other than that enjoy, and by the mention of playing SF2 again, welcome back