A-1H Skin Pack

This is a rework of the available A-1H  Skyraider skins, the project started when I noticed there was a clipping issue on the original user made skins, after the stock aircraft had been made flyable etc. being an OCD sufferer I couldn't live with it, so I had to comb the DATA.INI of the aircraft to find the issue, which I never didi, probably one number out of place , or something of that nature. So I re did the whole data file, using a frankenstien of a couple of the available ones, mainly Wrench's , so worry ye not good campers, very little has been altered, so the A/C still operates as Wrench intended, just NO CLIPPING !!! ................YAY !! RESULT !! HAPPY BLOODY DANCE !! ......:drinks:

Anyhow, I then went on to re do all the skins, utilising the templates from bot Wrench, and Nyghtfall, so a mix and match of those as well, I hope you like and enjoy the results !!

Included are 

VA-35

VA-52 ( two versions, one dirty one clean , the clean one has new decals for the squadron markings made by me )

VA-65 (Early version )

VA-65 ( USS Enterprise )

VA-85

VA-105 ( A really shiny pristine skin ) 

VA-176 (USS Shangri La )

VA-176 (USS Intrepid)

the reworked data.ini to stop the clipping issue

Decals ( of course....no use without 'em as I have altered theDECAL.INI of all the skins , 'cos I like to make trouble harharhar )

All the Sounds needed

Finally the weapons ie drop tanks and the bog bomb, and the Pilot I myself use for this aircraft, oh yes and all the screens, both in hi res, and lo res if you need lo res screens for any reason. 

One final note, on the  VA-176 ( Intrepid ) skin, two of the aircraft have kill markings, I have put the entry to enable those in the DECAL.INI of that particular aircraft, however I have them disabled, as in reality the Bu Numbers of the skins and the Actual aircraft are not the same, and I couldnt be bothered to make the correct bu numbers for thos 2 particular aircraft, however if you do not have OCD, and you want the marking showing ( they are keyed to the correct nose numbers ) the just remove the hash marks in the DECAL.INI

[Decal019]
MeshName=Fuselage
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=LEFT
//FilenameFormat=A-1H/VA176a/D/kills    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< THAT THERE !!! 
Position=-0.70,0.70
Scale=0.55
DecalMaxLOD=3

Thats about it, please enjoy, and please leave feedback if you like...........................cheers !! 

OH yes, I forgot one last thing, I have re-enabled the wingfold system, , yes , yes I know its not perfect, as it leaves the stores hanging in a weightless environment, but hey ho, if ya dont like it, eith re disable it or , simply ignore it !! so canopy opens with SHIFT-0 and the wingfold is SHIFT-9.

• Like 2

nicely done

btw, the "dropping decals' issue was caused by one of the 2013 patches. The fix was to simply delete the old data ini , and extract a new one -if one wished-. Then, of course, copy/pasting the relevant sections to have the operating canopy and wing fold.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Trotski
      This is a rework of the available A-1H  Skyraider skins, the project started when I noticed there was a clipping issue on the original user made skins, after the stock aircraft had been made flyable etc. being an OCD sufferer I couldn't live with it, so I had to comb the DATA.INI of the aircraft to find the issue, which I never didi, probably one number out of place , or something of that nature. So I re did the whole data file, using a frankenstien of a couple of the available ones, mainly Wrench's , so worry ye not good campers, very little has been altered, so the A/C still operates as Wrench intended, just NO CLIPPING !!! ................YAY !! RESULT !! HAPPY BLOODY DANCE !! ......

Anyhow, I then went on to re do all the skins, utilising the templates from bot Wrench, and Nyghtfall, so a mix and match of those as well, I hope you like and enjoy the results !!
      Included are 
      VA-35
      VA-52 ( two versions, one dirty one clean , the clean one has new decals for the squadron markings made by me )
      VA-65 (Early version )
      VA-65 ( USS Enterprise )
      VA-85
      VA-105 ( A really shiny pristine skin ) 
      VA-176 (USS Shangri La )
      VA-176 (USS Intrepid)
      the reworked data.ini to stop the clipping issue
      Decals ( of course....no use without 'em as I have altered theDECAL.INI of all the skins , 'cos I like to make trouble harharhar )
      All the Sounds needed
      Finally the weapons ie drop tanks and the bog bomb, and the Pilot I myself use for this aircraft, oh yes and all the screens, both in hi res, and lo res if you need lo res screens for any reason. 
      One final note, on the  VA-176 ( Intrepid ) skin, two of the aircraft have kill markings, I have put the entry to enable those in the DECAL.INI of that particular aircraft, however I have them disabled, as in reality the Bu Numbers of the skins and the Actual aircraft are not the same, and I couldnt be bothered to make the correct bu numbers for thos 2 particular aircraft, however if you do not have OCD, and you want the marking showing ( they are keyed to the correct nose numbers ) the just remove the hash marks in the DECAL.INI
      [Decal019]
      MeshName=Fuselage
      DecalLevel=2
      DecalFacing=LEFT
      //FilenameFormat=A-1H/VA176a/D/kills    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< THAT THERE !!! 
      Position=-0.70,0.70
      Scale=0.55
      DecalMaxLOD=3
      Thats about it, please enjoy, and please leave feedback if you like...........................cheers !! 

OH yes, I forgot one last thing, I have re-enabled the wingfold system, , yes , yes I know its not perfect, as it leaves the stores hanging in a weightless environment, but hey ho, if ya dont like it, eith re disable it or , simply ignore it !! so canopy opens with SHIFT-0 and the wingfold is SHIFT-9.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..