Sign in to follow this  

Hi all. I'm a rookie player in this game. Please, I need a member of this page, help me to use the Mue editor. I want to learn how to build air bases in a field and place objects in them, step by step, with patience, thanks.

I may be misunderstanding your question, but I don't think you can use Mue's editor to place an airfield in an open space on a terrain and get it to work. I've never used Thirdwire's terrain editor to flatten airfield terrain, but I'm pretty certain that's the only way you can build a new airfield without all kinds of problems. Mue's editor is the tool to use if you want to place objects at an existing airfield, or move things around, but it can't successfully create an airfield space, only Thirdwire's terrain editor can do that. I apologize if I misunderstood your question. I have to head to work now, but I'll try to post more about Mue's editor and how to use it, if I get the chance later.

we are talking about the Target Area Editor, right? And what exactly are you trying to do? More, specific information is required. Also, which terrain are we speaking about? (as most 3rd party terrains have already been "eye candied")

This may be of some help, the "Old School" way. Unfortunately, I don't know what happened to the images in this thread

another example, without the TAE, something like this (Johar-Bahru's main rail yard) could be done, but it'd be so much work as to be near impossible

johar-bahru_railyard.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for your instructions, I have managed to make the editor work, but I have another problem. I have installed the map "Peninsula Iberica" - (Spain), when inside the game I pulse map, the map appears Germany

(sorry for my english...)

from mue's read me:

Usage:

Setting the SF2 install directory path:
In order for the program to read needed data from the object and terrain cat files the sf2 install directory path must be set with Extras->Settings.

Load a terrain.ini file:
With File->Open the user selects the terrain.ini file. All needed additional files (terrain_data.ini, terrain_targets.ini, ...) were loaded automatically. 
With File->Reload the currently loaded terrain files are reloaded. Current selections (target area and target object) and the view status (view center position, view distance, azimuth and elevation) are kept. 

Target Area List Window:
The left upper window lists all target areas with corresponding information: ID, name, position and target object count. A target area can be selected with left click and deselected with ctrl+left click. The selected target area is then shown in the 3D view and all target objects are listed in the left lower window, the Target List Window.

Target List Window:
The left lower window lists all target objects of the selected target area. A target object can be selected with left click and deselected with ctrl+left click.
By double clicking on the heading, x or y entry of a target object the heading and position of the target object can be changed.

Right click opens a context menu. The context menu has the following items:
-Center View On Selected Object: The 3D view is centered on the selected target object
-Add Object->(target object): The target object is added to the target area at the current 3D view center position
-Delete Selected Object: The selected object is deleted from the target area.

3D View Window:
The graphic window displays the 3D view of the target area.
From the toolbar or the view menu you can:

-reset the view (azimuth = 0°, elevation = 90°, fully zoomed out)
-switch to top view (azimuth = 0°, elevation = 90°, current view center position and zoom are kept) 
-center view on selected object
-hide or show TOD objects
-hide or show the coordinate system
-toggle between perspective and orthographic view projection.

The view can be manipulated with the mouse:

-translation (moving the view center position): shift + left click + move
-rotation (changing azimuth and elevation of the view direction): alt + left click + move (rotation rate can be adjusted in Extras->Settings)
-zoom (distance between view center and eye position): shift + alt + left click + move  or  mouse wheel (zoom rate can be adjusted in Extras->Settings)
-switch to top view (azimuth = 0°, elevation = 90°, current view center position and zoom are kept): middle click

Target objects can be selected with left click on a target object and deselected with left click on a blank area. The selected target object is highlighted in red.
Right click opens the same context menu as in the Target List Window.

The position and heading of selected objects can be changed with the mouse: 

-translation (coarse): ctrl + left click + move
-translation (fine): ctrl + shift + left click + move
-rotation (coarse): ctrl + mouse wheel
-rotation (fine): ctrl + shift + mouse wheel

The target area offset coordinates of the current mouse pointer position are shown in the status bar.
By pressing the key 'c' the offset coordinates are copied to the clipboard. For this to work the 3D View Window must have the focus (e.g by clicking into the 3D View Window).

The Target Types List Window:
This window is not open per default and can be opened with right click on the toolbar or menu bar -> Target Types.
The window lists all target types with the corresponding information. (currently no further functions)

Writing the targets.ini file:
With File->Save / Save As the targets.ini file is written. CAUTION! It's not fully tested yet. I strongly advise you to make a backup of your targets.ini file first before you write the targets.ini file with the Target Area Editor.

On 4/21/2018 at 8:13 AM, timetraveler71 said:

Thanks for your instructions, I have managed to make the editor work, but I have another problem. I have installed the map "Peninsula Iberica" - (Spain), when inside the game I pulse map, the map appears Germany

(sorry for my english...)

When you create a mission in the Single Mission menu, are you choosing the terrain you want to fly in from the drop down menu? The game will default to whatever map matches the cat file associated with your newly installed terrain. You would have to choose the Peninsula Iberica terrain from the drop down menu one time for the game to default to it, if I remember correctly (I'm old).