be sure to make sure the model is broken into enough meshes ..

nose, fuselage, tail, r/l vert fins, r/l stabs and most important, inner and outer wing meshes. Vitally imperative for damage modeling (and decaling)

• Like 1

Hi UllyB,

thanks for sharing the progress on that project that is welcomed by so many people.

Can I point out a few areas?

Check the last pics, where the nose pitot connects with the nose, seems that this area isn*t smoothed properly. you can see the edgy 3D mesh there.

Another point it, the angle of the whole front intakes, isnt straight as in your model, but slightly angled outward.

Check that reference pic, you can see the angle for the intake on the frontal pic
Russian+Air+Force+Sukhoi+Su-34+Fullback+

Here you can see the angle a bit better on a real plane

And check the top part of the intakes, it is a smaller, kind of lip, than the larger edgy are in the current model

Check the ladder for the entrance for the pilots and the little slit on the underside of the intakes, im not sure if it closes during faster flight or if it remains open, someone should clarify it

If you guys plan to build a pit?!:

All pics are taken from this site 
http://www.themodellingnews.com/2017/05/kittyhawk-are-busy-reworking-refining.html

If you have questions or i wasn't clear enough with my comments, just PM as always :drinks:

So far, fantastic work!!! Really cool!

• Like 5

If I may add a short comment too, the ECM pods on the wing tips should not be attached to the missile rails as they are currently in the model. In reality and as visible on the pictures above, either missile rails or ECM pods are attached to the wing tips. In other words, when you want to load missiles on the wing tips, you remove the ECM pods and place missile rails instead.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I will pass your observations to the contractor team. Rest assure, I'll will always take into considerations your opinions.

PS- I already stated that there won't be NOW, with the Su-34 release a cockpit, so Martin keep that photo for when the time will be right, in the near future. Thanks anyway.

Edited by UllyB

If i could add to Svetlin post, the plane can carry air to air missiles in the 2 outer wing stations and those pylons are different than the air to ground ones, same goes true with the under engine nacelles and under fuselage stations, those are things that slowed our Fitters somehow...

Sure thing man, I pass all the observations to the team. I'll be staying on station for a few more days for your feedback to relay them to the team.

Edited by UllyB

well today I have sad news for you. The contractor let me know that it cancellled the project for unknown reasons. That's all I can tell you. 

I just wanted to offer you something and I failed. I am sorry. Anyway my offer stands if anyone is wishing to take it up again.

Edited by UllyB
  • Sad 1

Relax brother, you didn't "fail" anything .. agreements and negotiations go south all the time!  Good on you for trying!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

you went to contribute in a fashion that you could. it went south, as things do from time to time. no worries and hopefully it gets back running again

• Thanks 1

I will try to revive this post, i am trying to learn max myself and got this model free from internet, i will be updating it to SF2 standards since it has too many polys

image.thumb.png.3501a9adb0fc7b258359b5a356e4f510.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

More or less the different weapon stations so far (2 pylons pending)

image.thumb.png.2d0fe73cc216ba1e81b0a9a73a781313.png

image.thumb.png.5ab3855f405b5b73cb1d407af53e0007.png

image.thumb.png.4c0cb7ab5cab3a0b3cb5ec5d2d46fff5.png

image.thumb.png.e7a1635dc53ecfe6eb2dac33fba5fd36.png

• Like 7

Going better and fast! Note the wingtip fence of the latest models:

su34.thumb.jpg.773fb6b3ba94108abab4c37e2355d1f9.jpg

On the list ;) as well as i will TRY to make the 2 different cockpits and plane layouts (early and late) wish me luck on this enterprise, because i will need all the possible help...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, FLOGGER23 said:

wish me luck on this enterprise

I wish you luck, you will need one ;-)

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 5:30 AM, Wilches said:

Going better and fast! Note the wingtip fence of the latest models:

To the client, what he asks for (under certain conditions, hehehe) 

image.thumb.png.5dd24cad09b753b389665ca4224876be.pngAnd 

And Some some small advances, as i got some fever and my whole body aches a bit ;) 

image.thumb.png.834753320b1a3fcd461c212367c19874.png

image.thumb.png.6a055a548ad26d7efecc0dff1bb8ba4b.png

image.thumb.png.e7ed99fb5de3f9b2bb952539603a1f22.png

image.thumb.png.97ebe25ba02183016d002174408de17f.png

More to come next week, i hope...

• Like 9

Waiting patiently for this very project.  Update please?

• Like 2

Project stopped?

Well, i am figuring several animations and MUST correct the landing gear, as well as to lower some unnecessary polys, so, yes, may take a bit to get it done...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2