- 1974: F-4J & F-4N vs. A-4E Super Echo
- 1978: F-14A vs. A-4F Mongoose

Read the README.

This is based off of Dave's (USAFMTL) original TopGun campaign from

This is for a flight/air combat simulation. SF2 is not a simulation
for simulated air combat.  So this was made as best I could, within
the limits of the game.

Primary goal: make it through the 20 missions alive, keep as many
of your wingman alive as possible, down as many A-4's as possible.

*** Requirements

Minimum:

- SF2 or SF2 Vietnam, patched to July 2013

- SWUS Terrain version 1.1 or greater

Recommended:

- F-4N DLC

- A-4G DLC

*** Credits

Original TopGun Campaign....Dave

F-14A_74 v1.32..............MirageFactory
F-4N(Storm).................Storm & daddyairplanes
A-4E/F......................dtmdragon

F-4B/J/N skins..............sundowner, mitai, JSF_Aggie
F-4 Hi-Res Bump Maps........sundowner
F-14A skins.................1977Frenchie (modified with sundowner's template)
A-4E/F skins................Nyghtfall

MK7 Seat....................ravenclaw
F-4J_74 ECM pods............mppd
F-4 cockpit msl panel mod...crusader
AIM-9's & AIM-7's...........ravenclaw

TopGun Menu Music...........HomeFries

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Uploaded 1.1 Update

Fixes:

- F-4N_STORM not showing up in campaigns

- Typos in campaign text files

- Tweaked resupply rates so Aggressors don't run out of A-4's

- Set the max number of missions to 20

• Like 3

Really liking these campaigns. Especially  the unpredicability of when additional bandits enter the engagement.
Just when you think you can RTB, one or two Scooters pop up and you're at it again. A-4s are the only adversaries written in Data files.  F-5s  are not in camaoigns but it's easy to edit or create new campaigns that employ
F-5E's, TA-4s, Have Drill / Have Donut Migs and other "Wild Card" players. Great Work!!

Hello.  To quote Goose "The defence department regrets to inform you you're sons are dead because they were stupid".  I like to think of myself as inexperienced but boy my wingman is not the sharpest.  I should mention I'm flying the 1978 campaign with the TMF F-14.  I did some reading on the support thread for the TMF F-14 super pack that there is a known issue with the AI blowing all their energy in the first turn of a merge after which they're sitting ducks.  I'm not sure there's much that can be done about that problem but I have a different question and it's about the roster.  The roster in the campaign only has my pilot and three AI pilots.  I've done a couple campaigns and each hop has been 2 v many.  On each hop I loose my wingman.  After the third mission I'm out of wingmen and the campaign ends.  Is there a way to increase the amount of cannon fodder, I mean wingmen available for a campaign?  Does anyone have other advice on how to manage my wingman better and maybe bring him home alive?

Thanks,
Wizard

I mean… just defend your Wingman! :smile:
That‘s one of your absolutely primary goals in this Campaign :wink:

Just see it this way: you are a Team and that‘s not an individual Sports. 

Hi DaniloE31.  Thank you for the advice.  It's not the help I was looking for but you make a valid point.  If we're simulating air combat, a huge part of that is mutual support and tactics. It's just that the AI is so bad, it takes the fun out of the game if I have to ignore mission objectives to baby sit the wingman.  In any case i think I figured out what I need.  I found the file TG78_DATA.INI in the campaign folder and changed these lines from 4 to 16 for all the Navy Air Units.

MaxAircraft=16
StartAircraft=16
MaxPilots=16
StartPilots=16

I'm not sure what all the lines mean exactly but now I have a much larger roster.

Thanks,
Wizard

• Like 1

Has anyone had this problem?  The first several missions were varied between fighter sweeps, CAP and intercepts.  There were lots of bandits on every mission.  I wish I had kept track of the actual number of missions but after a certain point, every mission has been a recon of an airbase and there have been zero enemy aircraft.  I must have flown at least half a dozen of these missions now where I fly to a waypoint, return, land and get a mission success.  I'm assuming that it has something to do with me changing the number of aircraft available to my roster but I'm not sure.  There were still a lot of enemy aircraft flying on the last mission where they appeared.  It was a lot of fun while it lasted and I learned a lot about ACM and weapons employment.

Wizard

• Like 1