Dave

This Cracked me Up....

Have you been to Kiev lately? 

kiev.jpg

• Haha 1

I think Kyiv is the only city left standing in the Ukraine but apparently that good fortune hasn't parlayed to the dating world if they're advertising here. I mean what could possibly go wrong with such a genuine invitation?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Erik said:

I think Kyiv is the only city left standing in the Ukraine but apparently that good fortune hasn't parlayed to the dating world if they're advertising here.

I mean what could possibly go wrong with such a genuine invitation?

I think I will book a flight today and take several pairs of clean underpants with me as well, I will probably need them. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Haha 1

When I visited Kyiv a few years ago (before the 'events'), I was falling in love about 5-6 times per minute! Almost in the mood for cutting down my *** once back to very common creatures at my homeplace... Yet our guide, clearly a gentleman by Ukrainian standards, told us that these beauties usually don't last long, due to early pregnancies, heavy drinking, and fat-rich Ukrainian food! (I can't but agree for the food)

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur
  • Haha 1

God makes them pretty when they're in their 20s.  It's a trap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've been there in 2011 (just for a few hours) and Capitaine Vengeur has a point, you fall in love 5-6 times a minute.. they're f***ing gorgeous over there (no ugly broads, they're hidden in caves or something)  and they last over their 20's and 30's... but depends on how they keep themselves :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my ancestors (mother's side) come from the Kiev region. Other than that....

• Haha 2

Have been in Kiev 1986. It was the cleanest soviet city i have ever seen. Everywhere the trucks of the city cleaning drove along the streets and sprayed water over it. On some street latirns hang strange traffic sights. IIRC they were yellow with red letters. "Chernobylski Rayon" and a arrow in which direction you had to drive if you wanted to go to Chernobyl.

The girls were pretty and interessted, but when they found out, that we were germans ... okay, then the reaction was not as nice. Rather hostile. I could understood if old people looked strange to me when they found out that i'm german. For them the war was still present. But the young generation? Why they behaved so? Educated to hate? Everytime war movies in the TV. War movies in the cinemas. But this was in Kiev only. It never happend in Moscow or in the Ural mountains, not in Kirgisia or in Azerbaidzhan. Everywhere in the USSR we germans were the best friends, but not in the Ukraine. And in Poland. There i learned the polish greeting: "Svabske swine, swabske pies." (means "Kraut pigs, Kraut dogs.)

Nice allies we had. With such allies you need no enemy!

• Haha 1

bit off topic, but Gepard reminds me of something.  i noticed one of my last times through Germany (Leipzig airport 2011 to be exact) that the younger crowd was not to friendly to Americans, even though most we tried interacting with were working cash registers (ie working customer service) and several of us who had been stationed there years before spoke enough Deutsche to ask how much for a coke or cigarettes. Acted positively deaf to that.

5 minutes later, i go outside and find an older lady smoking and ask "hast du ein zigaretten bitte?" (its been a few years, my spelling is probably off). She was quite happy that i could ask auf Deutsche and hooked me up and tried to have a conversation. again, hadnt lived there in over eight years at that point so conversation didnt go far but the older crowd seems friendlier to Americans in general, even the osties.

and no, this isnt to open a political can of worms. when i was stationed there in late 90s, early 00s there was a marked difference between the politics between nations and the interactions between people. seems the new generations are not keeping it separate

back on topic: haven't you watched the news the last year Dave? its a trap!:lol:

• Haha 1

it's not necessarily a  trap... it's known that in Russia, Ukraine and around, that there are more women than men.. so, they find creative ways to expand in the market ;)

• Haha 1

This web sites are all scums, I live and work in Odessa , my girlfriend live here and when I'veknow her ain't got no need of this stupid sites, many american men just waste time and money here, I know all about

Hookers.......................lotsa hookers.......................

• Like 1