Erik

Army Air Force Rivalry

The Army and the Air Force Try to Work Together 

There's an Air Force guy driving from McChord to Ft Lewis, and an Army guy driving from Ft Lewis to McChord. In the middle of the night with no other cars on the road they hit each other head on and both cars go flying off in different directions. 

The Air Force guy manages to climb out of his car and surveys the damage. He looks at his twisted car and says,..... "Man, I am really lucky to be alive!" 

Likewise the Army guy scrambles out of his car and looks at his wreckage. He too says to himself, ....."I can't believe I survived this wreck!" 

The Army guy walks over to the Air Force guy and says,...... "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of archrivals" 

The Air Force guy thinks for a moment and says, ...... "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. Now I'm gonna see what else survived this wreck" 

So the Air Force guy pops open his trunk and finds a full, unopened bottle of Jack Daniels. 

He says to the Army guy, "I think this is another sign from God that we should toast to our new found understanding and friendship" 

The Army guy replies, "You're damn right!" and he grabs the bottle and starts sucking down Jack Daniels. After putting away nearly half the bottle the Army guy hands it back to the Air Force guy and says, "Your turn!" 

The Air Force guy twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "Nahh, I think I'll wait for the cops to show up." 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

as i first heard it, replace Army guy with 2LT and Air Force guy with First Sergeant

oddly brings back memories of Balad in Iraq 2005. AF rotated every 4 months, while Army was waiting to hear if they would be extended from a year to 15 months. for this story the newest batch of AF arrived around mid Aug, and we (Army) were on month 10.

See, EOD would do a command detonation of all the items found that go boom every day at 1100. People would gather waiting for chow starting at around 1050. So about 50 new AF guys are waiting early as they arent settled into their new jobs yet.

me and my buddy are talking and BOOM!!!! Glance at watch, its 1059. Alls well. we keep talking four 10 more seconds and realize all the AF guys are gone. ?!?!?!?!?

then, some senior airman (lotta stripes on sleeve) peeks out of the bunker and yells that we need to get in the bunker.

"Why, its just a command det" my buddy yells back

Big Chief Airman says " you dont know that! Policy is to get in the bunker!"

5 seconds after he says this, camp loudspeakers come on and announce "This is Big Voice, Controlled Det is complete. Big Voice out"

Interestingly, they moved faster than the Vipers taking off to get in the bunker, but slower than molasses to get out, and weren't in country long enough to be that red yet!