Erik

In the Navy

The crusty Navy Master Chief noticed a new seaman and barked at him, "Get over here! What's your name sailor?"

"John," the new seaman replied.

"Look, I don't know what kind of bleeding-heart pansy crap they're teaching sailors in boot camp these days, but I don't call anyone by his first name," the chief scowled.

"It breeds familiarity, and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my sailors by their last names only; Smith, Jones, Baker, whatever.

And you are to refer to me as 'Chief.’ Do I make myself clear?"

"Aye, Aye, Chief!"

"Now that we've got that straight, what's your last name?"

The seaman sighed. "Darling, My name is John Darling, Chief."

"Okay, John, here's what I want you to do ...."

• Haha 7

That was good. I'm using that one!

yea....

There actually was a gent named Darling in my preflight class.  It was quite entertaining seeing the hard bitten DI's walk around that one!!

(they managed....!!)

• Haha 1

One day the four Chiefs of the Armed Forces sat together drinking beer. The Air Force Chief of Staff took a swig and asked...

"So who here thinks they have the bravest men under their command?"

After much bickering between them, the Air Force Chief of Staff waved his arms. "Let's decide this issue." He turned to an Air Force FIghter and commanded...

"Pilot! Get in your F-4, climb to 10,000 feet, dive at mach 2 and crash into the ground!"

The pilot did so, too which the Chief of the Air Force replied. "Obviously I won."

Next came the Army Chief of Staff who proclaimed..."I don't think so."

Turning to a soldier atop an M-1 Tank...the Army Chief of Staff barked "Soldier! Get in your tank, run it into that oil storage tank and blow yourself up!"

"Yes Sir!" The soldier replied and did as he was told. The Army Chief of Staff snorted..."Obviously I won."

The Commandant of the Marines shook his head...."I don't think so."

Turning to a Marine, the Commandant commanded "Marine! Pull out a grenade, pull the pin and blow yourself up!"

"YES SIR!" The Marine replied and promptly did what he was told.

The Commandant of Marines grunted. "There's bravery for you."

For a moment...The Chief of Naval Operations sat silently until he gestured to the rest...."come with me."

The Chief of Naval Operations led the other service chiefs to where the USS Nimitz was tied up. "You gentlemen see that sailor way up on the radar mast on the island structure?" The CNO grabbed a bull horn. "Sailor atop the radar mast, this is the Chief of Naval Operations! I order you to throw yourself from the mast right now! Send reply!"

It took a few minutes before another Sailor came running up with a note in his hands..."Sir?" He saluted smartly.

The CNO opened the note and showed the other service chiefs....

"DUDE! YOU CAN GO F*** YOURSELF SMARTLY!" It said.

"Gentlemen? Now there is one brave son of a bitch."

• Haha 2

I gotta admit when I saw the title, I completely thought something else...