Hi all guys,I searched in the download section,but look like if we miss the SEA/wraparound skins for the 26th TRW RF-4C during his day at  Zweibrücken.

I noted that in TMF RF-4C package we have the Euro 1 camo,but not the previous ones ( the 38th TRS ,one of the Wing Squadron with the short-lived 17th TRS,operated the RF-4C since 1965).

Is only a my error or the community lack these skins?

hold one, theres a Gen one bird with this, checking if available on here or only in my files

Gen 1, with Zweibrucken in Hill 2, a Euro One and SEA Wraparound (Mississipi ANG marking on skin). Its a copy from column 5s site and an executable rather than file based. suggest loading into a holding folder if you go this route and making the adjustments to the files to adjust from gen 1 to gen2

you may want to hunt around the D/L section for the templates that will suit your needs there is this one

by Sundowner, excellent templates but will need tweeking around the nose. It will however allow you to blank out the markings on the tail for the wraparound

there is a thread in the knowledge base concerning changing Gen1 birds to Gen 2

hope this helps

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Thanks 1

FM will need a rebuild as well, given the 10 years past since it's release

Thanks guys!

Daddy,I've already downloaded and installed the TMF RF-4Cs and this triggered my request.

The Alconbury skin ( of which exist a separate skin also) is similar at my idea.

Honestly I don't know how work on a skin,out of my skill,but will try in some way.

Also check the KB section.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wrench said:

FM will need a rebuild as well, given the 10 years past since it's release

should be similar to the C iirc, i remember reading about the QRF-4s being faster due to lack of slats but the QF-4E/Gs pulling more G (due to slats). could the stock F-4C serve as a good guideline?

Rusty, how are you at making decals? the biggest issue i could see with the mississippi  skin is to remove the markings on the tail. the easiest cheatenist way is to take the part from the psd template (just a square of the area around the tail) and over lay on top of the offending part in the skins jpg. basic cut and paste. the rest of the jpgs seem to be ok for a low viz skin without unit specific markings. will try to whip one up, but real life and the honey do list are giving me trouble getting to my own projects easy parts, so giving it a try may be faster.

beyond that, decals for unit markings and serial numbers and you got what you want. good luck and looking forward to seeing what you come up with

1 hour ago, amariani said:

Is this what you're looking for?

RF-4C - 26th TRW 17th TRS.JPG

RF-4C - 26th TRW 38th TRS - green.JPG

RF-4C - 26th TRW 38th TRS - grey.JPG

Yes,specifically the first one!

well why were ya hiding it amariani ?:lol:

on a serious note, the tail hook warning should come off the low viz versions (including wraparound), but nice catch on teh style of the dark grey on the nose (most units just did a anti glare on the top, not wrapped)

you wouldnt have some Alabama ANG hiding too would ya?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

well why were ya hiding it amariani ?:lol:

on a serious note, the tail hook warning should come off the low viz versions (including wraparound), but nice catch on teh style of the dark grey on the nose (most units just did a anti glare on the top, not wrapped)

you wouldnt have some Alabama ANG hiding too would ya?

Well, the grey and wraparound schemes came from one of the packages found here at CA. The SEA scheme was done by me using the templates also found here.

And YES, I do have the Alabama ANG unit. That one is in the Desert Storm Mod, if my memory serves me well.

26TRW.7z

• Like 2

as far as i can tell its only Nevada ANG, not Alabama in ODS. unless its in one of the skinpacks or redux's out there.

it's on the todo list to make an ODS skin, one apiece for Alabama, Nevada, Zweibrucken and Bergstrom units. just not until current tanker project and Buffs at a minimum. at least unlike the Weasels, all the recce birds were gray by then

I like the SEA skin! Many thanks... :drinks:

Somewhere.... I have at least 2 skins done for EVERY ANG unit, it's something I did a few years ago now, I wanted to try to do every F-4 unit in every camo scheme they'd used.

I don't think they all ever got released as there was just too many plus I thought it was just me that was that much of a Phantom Phanitic.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

as far as i can tell its only Nevada ANG, not Alabama in ODS. unless its in one of the skinpacks or redux's out there.

it's on the todo list to make an ODS skin, one apiece for Alabama, Nevada, Zweibrucken and Bergstrom units. just not until current tanker project and Buffs at a minimum. at least unlike the Weasels, all the recce birds were gray by then

in my ODS....

BA.thumb.JPG.beae0f5ddccdee0cc648a61422c8258b.JPG

BH.thumb.JPG.5eefd72d5cb970b7606b34eb4dac5af1.JPG

ZR.thumb.JPG.752fad98fbe9141b4270e7496ba570d4.JPG

BH0.thumb.JPG.21ec6b69396524a425cee8385e930320.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks amariani,that's what I search for!!!!

Yakarov,your skins are beautiful!

And last sundowner.I think  there're more Phantom Phanatic than you think,personally I'll build each MiG-killer for both USAF and Navy in the 'Nam...I collected a lot of decals and kits but think that probably I'll die before finish my projects!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

in my ODS....

very nice. your own or did i miss something in the downloads? my ODS install right now is strictly what eburger68 did, original and updates

3 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

Here...

117TRW.7z

RF-4C - 117th TRW 106th TRS.JPG

Edited by amariani
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

very nice. your own or did i miss something in the downloads? my ODS install right now is strictly what eburger68 did, original and updates

My own new recce pack for ODS; skins, decals etc.

• Like 2