Can a banner tow target be created for Strike Fighters project 1?  The BQM-34 Firebee target drone in the Bombing Range terrain is awesome.  But, it would be nice to have a tdu-32a/b towed banner target too.  The towed banners are routinely used for fighter pilot gunnery training.  They are used in gunnery competitions like the USAF William Tell competition.  The statstics feature in Strikefighters Project 1 after action reports allows us to know what percentage of our rounds have hit a target.  That is exactly how gunnery competitions are scored.  They count the holes in the banner and your score is your percentage of hits.  A tdu-32a/b would be a nice addition to this awesome sim.  I have attached a diagram of the banner as well as a photo showing one that has been shot full of holes.  The banners are towed by a cable 1,800 feet behind a towing aircraft.  I suppose a plane could be modded to show a cable and banner extended out the back of the plane.  I have not done any modding, otherwise I would try to create one myself.  The banner would be very similar to the square cloth strafe targets on the ground in the Bombing Range terrain.  The big differences are that the tdu-32a/b is a rectangle rather than a square and it is towed through the air at up to 250 knots rather than being suspended between poles on the ground.  If any modders out there are interested in such a project, it could be a really cool addition to missions on the Bombing Range terrain.

banner tow target diagram.jpg

banner target showing holes.jpg

Interesting idea.  Bring it up in sf2 section - should have more applause.  

Aircraft need to have fake invisible hitbox towed behind....and then added via weaponstation model of a banner. 

If such an aircraft with towed banner is made, make sure to add these lines (or swap them) in the aircraft's data.INI file:

[DetectSystem]
RadarType=
VisualBlindArc=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
VisualRestrictedArc=1L,2L,3L,4L,5L,6L,7L,8L,9L,10L,11L,12L,1H,2H,3H,4H,5H,6H,7H,8H,9H,10H,11H,12H
MaxVisibleDistance=6000.0
HasRWR=FALSE

That will give the "enemy pilot" only a line of sight strait to the front. Otherwise, when you try to engage the banner, the AI aircraft will start to evade, or try to move itself in firing position.

• Thanks 1