Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

I miss the "good old days"

Not a complaint, because WOFF UE is already far more comprehensive than I ever could have hoped for, but I do miss the days when the devs were putting out patches and teasing the next new Add-on, Expansion or iteration of WOFF.     I know they are hard at work on Wings Over the Reich, which has to be just a ridiculously large project from such a small development team, and that eventually its possible some of the advances for WoTR could make their way back into WOFFUE.   I am certainly looking forward to that day!   That said, the forums (both here and SimHQ) invariably become quieter after active development stops and many long time posters drift away into other pursuits and sims.   I wish there was some way to put WOFF UE back front and center for active development.   Coming to the forums used to have the same excitement as Christimas did as a kid.  You never knew what new present would be revealed and you couldn't wait to find out.  Now, it's mostly just quiet as even the modders have understandably slowed down some.   /sigh.   I miss the good old days.  

Some how, even though its unlikely, I hope there comes a way that WOFFs best days are still ahead of it.    It's more than just the patches and the features.   It was the people on the forum and the shared sense of wonder. 

• Like 2

I did a lot of work for the DID Campaign revival mostly with Olham who was very active at the time.  When Nov 11th 1918 came around a lot of people lost interest in WOFF and this was before UE came out.  So I also miss the good old days!

And they are back....sorta.  Ok, the people certainly aren't flooding back to the forum, but the devs are going to make an official patch release version of a mod AnKor developed to kill the blue triangles and simultaneously speed up FPS.  I've been using the mod a couple days now, as has Stache and a few others.  The general opinion is that it is outstanding.   The sim feels more rock solid flying now than ever before.  

Oh...and AnKor let slip he is working on DX11 for WOTR.  One can only hope that he will succeed and they can port it back into WOFF UE at some point.  It looks like WOFFs best days are indeed still ahead of it.  How cool is that?

• Like 1

Wow.  An announcement that DX11 is being worked on for WOTR and AnKor has released a mod for WOFF UE that kills blue triangles and speeds up FPS and nothing.   I guess maybe because it is summer, fewer people are flying or checking the forum.