Arkhamuk

Do i need different SF2 releases for different mods?

Hi. Just bought SF2 Europe and saw this crazy mod site! Do these mods require certain SF2 released packs to work with or am i just good with Europe and can mod in everything to that?

Probably a standard question but is there a "starter all in one pack" mod i should install first to get me going with some basics before i start this modding journey? 

Some of the big campaign mods , and terrain mods do need a fully merged setup of all the titles, so by only owning SF Europe you are a little limited when it come to those , other mods such as aircraft etc are dependant on whether or not you have the actual aircraft in your set up, also some of the skins etc are reliant on certain DLC packs to add the relevant aircraft into your library. 

I would seriously consider buying all the titles in the series and then you will have no problems with anything at all. So in answer to the question, you originally posed, in a lot of cases having the full set of titles is beneficial, and also the DLC 's as well then you can run riot and install stuff like a crazy fool hehehehehe !!

Apart from the above (terrains, baseline aircraft/weapons, campaign requirements), there is also the AvionicsF14A.dll that only comes with Strike Fighters 2: North Atlantic.  If you want to use any aircraft with Track While Scan/multi-shot active missile capability, you need to have SF2:NA.  Apart from the F-14 Super Pack and a version of the F-22, I don't recall how many other mod aircraft use this file, but North Atlantic is the one that has it.

on top of all that, some aircraft call on parts (pits or damage models for starters) from the stock game, which can come from different games. also skins are for the aircraft they are for; I made a skin set for the F-4N for both DLC version and STORMs version here (same skins and decals, different ini entries due to model). if you dont have Thirdwire's F-4N, you'll have to get STORMs.

95% of the mods in here will state what version of the game you need, if you need somebody elses mod, or if it will work in any version. of that 5%, 90% or those will work in any version. Read the descriptions prior to download and readmes after download and you should be ok

if you cant afford, will take time to get or just dont want all the titles, look at what interests you the most, then get other titles to supplement that. my main interest is Europe 1948-1994. I started with SF2E, got Vietnam to have carriers, Isreal to add some aircraft, the expansion sets to add some aircraft..... you get the idea although i did eventually get to full 5 merged +2 (all the major titles and expansion sets). Additional titles will automatically merge together.

hope all these answers help, and good luck finding what you are looking for

The simple answer is:

yes, you need all 5 SF games

• Like 1

And unfortunately Thirdwire don't do 50% off every week like some others :)

oh, and I forgot to mention, MANY of the DLC add-on aircraft are necessary too.

Arkhamuk, having read your question again, no not really. NF5 in the campaigns will have a lot for Europe but it boils down to what are you interested in for what mods you want to get