Hi

I'm slowly getting and enjoying modding my SF2 install with Sarcasm and GermanyCE working fine. Next id like to change the AI aircraft I fight against but I'm unsure how I go about this. I did a search for AI but didn't find anything I could recognise as relevant.

Do I just download and install the aircraft and tweak a file somewhere?

AI aircraft are chosen randomly in generated single missions using variables such as country, date, Terrain.

In a campaign enemy squads and types are defined in the campaign data ini files

In scripted single missions they are defined in the mission .msn file - so that can be changed in Notepad - or you can create your own with Notepad or using the Mission Editor if you purchased that.

If you are interested in single player mission only, you can do two things to improve the AI, both for enemy and your wingmen:

- In option menu, gameplay suboption you can choose the enemy skill. In game's manual it's a more comprehensive explanation with the three enemy skill degrees. Want a challenge ? Pick HARD and you'll see when you meet them head-on.

- Wingmen AI, unfortunately, cannot be changed  , but you can choose from the roster page the best wingmen you've got at that moment before you start the mission.. The more the skilled/experienced they are, the more they will do interesting things in battle for you and the squad..

Keep in mind that this is not all. Like in real life, the fate of an aerial combat will depend, too, of the decisions you make in battle and the way you give orders to the wingmen.With a little practice you'll understand how things are going. Good luck!

Theres also a dogfight program in the downloads which allows you to re-configure the Instant Mission scenario

without having to leave the game.

Excellent thank you all. I will try the editor to change the AI models and see if that works first then go for the ini files.

I'm starting to feel modding this game is just as fun as playing it lol