Hi,

I'm kinda a noob, but I've decided to try uping the radar difficulty to normal. I basically understand how to read a radar on normal, however, when I tell my wingman to attack a target I've marked he tells me he's got "no joy".

What does this mean and how do I make him actually attack my target so I can focus on other targets?

Thanks!

PS: sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I couldn't find a thread related to this.

Once locked on radar you need to make that your assigned target using "Current Radar Target" ....check options to see which key that is

11 minutes ago, vintis1988 said:

he tells me he's got "no joy".

What does this mean and how do I make him actually attack my target so I can focus on other targets?

"No Joy" means that you don't have visual (or radar) contact on an aircraft/target/object of interest.  Your wingman is telling you he either cannot see or does not have radar contact on the target you are telling him to attack.  As for how to make your wingman/section attack that target, follow MigBuster's instructions, then direct your wingman to attack.

To make sure you will never hear that reply from your wingmen, do this:

- identify a target on your Radar search display (usually when target is in your  plane's specs detection range,  airborne control, that broad voice, will tell you and if you check the map, you'll see an enemy plane icon(s) coming out of the blue far away into your path)

- using the manual keys (learning the plane's keys it's your homework), select the target in radar search display (or Track While Scan one)

- lock on the target from your radar display

- now when you are locked on and and... IF the enemy plane is in your air-to-air missiles range, you can oder your wingman to attack it (directly) or tell him to ...BREAK. He will break leaft or right, depends where he stand in your flying formation, then you'll see that he is dropping his fuel tanks and accelerates towards the enemy target. Seconds after, depending, on AI skills and if he has long range missiles, he will open fire or he will continue to approach the target for a better shot.

Keep in mind, that "break" command is better than "attack my target", because he will open fire to more than one target, if he got the numbers (more missiles). "Attack my target" command will make him chase just that spceific target asigned.