I saw on different terrains in the type ini file a lot of warships as target wating for me to destroy them (I think in STRIKE missions one can randomly have the luck to get a warship as target; I encountered one , but the model was not there so it was invisible) .But there is a problem, I don't have their LODs. I checked Download section and those warships are NOT there, with a very few exceptions (known carriers etc). Can anyone borrow his personal ground_object LODs warship collection please  ? Thank you in advance

Edited by UllyB

What exactly is listed in the TYPES.INI and TARGETS.INI files that you are using that you are expecting to see? It would also help if you would please attach some examples of the ship targets from those files that you are missing so that we may help you fix the issue.

Without knowing exactly what you're talking about...it's impossible to help. Like Kjakker said above, what item, what terrain? The question is too vague

Although, some of those may be DAT items, no longer available

Also, be VERY wary of asking for LODs on the Forums -- we take a very dim view of such things, as it can be interpreted of asking for copyrighted materials (piracy). Just a word to the wise

11 hours ago, UllyB said:

I saw on different terrains in the type ini file a lot of warships as target wating for me to destroy them (I think in STRIKE missions one can randomly have the luck to get a warship as target; I encountered one , but the model was not there so it was invisible) .But there is a problem, I don't have their LODs. I checked Download section and those warships are NOT there, with a very few exceptions (known carriers etc). Can anyone borrow his personal ground_object LODs warship collection please  ? Thank you in advance

I have recently added a couple of warships to my Strike Fighters series 1 game and they now appear as targets in the Anti-Ship missions along with the standard Cargo Ship and Standard Tanker which are already in the game. I have added about 7 Soviet warships and a few allied ships and everyone of them has turned up in the game so far. I have had to edit the data ini file and replace the term WARSHIP as the ship type with the term CARGO_SHIP and they all appear fine. Most of the warships even fire back at me, some with missiles, and even the Subs appear, although they don't fire anything at me.

I have even added Tanks to my game which also have appeared in the Combat Air Support missions and they are all fine

All the Warships and Tanks which are now in my game are available in the downloads section.

Is this what you are aiming to do or are you just wanting to have ships as targets in the Strike mission only. ????

ships "in port" are considered viable targets in Strike missions. Have been since Day 1

2 hours ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

I have had to edit the data ini file and replace the term WARSHIP as the ship type with the term CARGO_SHIP and they all appear fine. Most of the warships even fire back at me, some with missiles, and even the Subs appear, although they don't fire anything at me.

I did that , too initially, just to see if they work, BUT then I changed when seeing that warships are targets in STRIKE missions , IF you let them to be WARSHIPS and NOT cargo ship. Which is more interesting. And NO, I am not talking about warships that are already in download section, O already stated that in my post. Those I already have them. I am talking about Russian,British, US warships (destroyers, cruiser and some CV which are not in the donwload section etc) which are in some terrain. For instance in Kamchatka terrain, if you take a look to the TYPE ini files you'll see there a lot a them, but they are nowhere to be found. That is why I asked a hand here. I am pretty sure that a lots of guys have them. Question is, would they share them, would they get through the tiresome process of gathering them, pack them and send them ? That...is the question. I for one, I am ready to help anyone who needs anything from my SF1 collection (aircraft, terrains, ships, ground objects, weapons  etc).

And Kevin, I know that in ports it is what you said, but, if you noticed, 99% of those sort of missions are "strike X cargo ship, in port Y" which gets old after a while. Variation and its infinite choices made me glued to the SF1 series.

14 hours ago, KJakker said:

What exactly is listed in the TYPES.INI and TARGETS.INI files that you are using that you are expecting to see? It would also help if you would please attach some examples of the ship targets from those files that you are missing so that we may help you fix the issue.

Sumner FRAM2 Class DD, USN AK-Class Ship, RN Daring Class DD, HMS Intrepid, Type 22 Frigate, Segui Class Destroyer

SCB-125 Essex Class CV, Small Cargo Ship, Fletcher Class DD, HMS Hermes, Belgrano, Type 82 Destroyer

Tug Boat, Soviet Freighter, Fleet Stores Ship, HMS Invincible, Type 12I Frigate, Silkworm Coastal defence

Fleet Oiler, Osa II FAB, P-4 Patrol Boat, Landing Ship, HMS Fearless, Type 21 Frigate, Osa Raketenschnellboot

Soviet Destroyer, Navy Tug, Container Ship, Fishing Trawler, R12 HMS Hermes, Type 12M Frigate, Drummond Class Corvette

Soviet Udaloy I Class Destroyer, FFG Koni Class, RN Leander/Dido Class CL, County Class Frigate, Osa Missileboat

Soviet Udaloy II Class Destroyer, DD-692 Destroyer, RN Tribal Class DD, ARA 25 de Mayo, Type 42 Destroyer

An entire fleet, isn't it ? :)

Okay fair enough, I personally find it more interesting if the ships are out on the open sea, occasionally changing direction and you have to chase them down in the Anti-Ship mission scenario, but okay if you prefer the ships to be sitting around in the harbour in a Strike scenario then so be it. 

You have mentioned a number of ships which you say are in the Kamchatka map, and I agree with you I have never seen any of them appearing in the harbours on that map before except for the Sumner FRAM Class II Destroyer, and the standard Cargo Ship and Tanker.

I am intrigued by the ships which you have listed which do not appear in the downloads section here at Combat Ace, so I am going to take a good look at that map right now. :dntknw:

By the way I would not bother with Aircraft Carriers as targets, apparently they do not sink. !!!!!

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY

Well the mistery that they don't appear in a specific terrain , is because  their LODs from Ground Object folder is missing (warship files are not present) or they are not written/declared in that map's TYPES.ini file. That is why I want them...

When you set a warship as cargo ship role, I noticed that warships won't appear so often as cargo ships (originals I mean) would, even if they are both set to VERY_COMMON.

Looking at the list of ships you provided a lot of them are in the SF2 Downloads section and others are stock SF2 items or may be included as optional extras of some add on terrains.

That had better NOT be my build of the Kamchatka terrain -- my stuff is OFF LIMITS!!   Be warned.

=========================================

to answer the actual question, most of those ships are endemic to SF2NA. You won't find them in 1stGens. But some are available in 1stGen, excepting the 3 or 4 that are DAT boats (Konis, Osas). 

I don't think that enumerating warships I discovered in Type.ini files, written by others could be an infringement, could it ? I just downloaded SF1 terrains (the ones I liked), including the ones transformed for SF1, plus the Falkland_1983 which I transformed it for SF1 myself, with a lot of pain and work, for my pleasure to play in it as  a hardcore SF1 environment fan. The rest, IF in them is anything changed, IS NOT my business, I just downloaded them as they already were, so presumely they were checked before they were allowed to be published by a moderator I guess, which would have absolved me or anyone of any responsability, wouldn't it ? So what do you mean ?

PS - the ..actual question Kevin was: do you have them or not ? :) And if you do, would you like to share them ? :)

Edited by UllyB

as long as it's Baltika's original,

do what you want.

Did you even read his notes, in the accompanying readme? It supplies links for some the various warships.

Kamchatka Peninsula

Summer Terrain

v1.0

by Baltika

For Wings Over Europe October 2008 Patch

This is my first full-fledged terrain mod. It includes a base tileset by Deuces, together with Stary's forests and farms mod adapted for use on that terrain.  I have also created a large number of additional transition tiles based on Deuce's tiles, which may be of interest to terrain builders.

The tile naming format is compatible with the stock GermanyCE tileset for ease of expansion, but be aware that the excellent hi-res and seasoned tilesets by Brain32 and Stary in particular will not have all the necessary transition tiles, so use them with caution.  Should you wish to use the included transitioned tileset for your own terrain mods, copy all the terrain .bmp files and .tga files into the "Tileset" folder and convert the .tga tiles to .bmp format.  See Gepard's excellent terrain tutorials in the KB at CA for more info.

All mission types are activated, for both red and blue side flyable.  The Americans have their existing bases on the Aleutian Islands.  I have handed the northern Kuril Islands to the Japanese for the sake of this scenario.  Take it as read that the Soviets were sufficiently distracted by the ground war in central Europe that they lost their hold on the Kurils to Japan.  Now, the Soviets are engaged in a fierce battle for control of the strategically important Kamchatka Peninsula.

This is a target-rich, fictionalised version of the RUssian Far East.  There are many installations and industrial zones in the Kamchatkai Krai that you will not find in real life.  Equally, as much real-life stuff as I could discover went into the mix.  Also, this is a showcase of a fully-transitioned tileset, so there is much more agriculture than you would get at these latitudes.  Just kick back and enjoy the scenery.

Finally, there is a monstrous presence lurking at the heart of the Peninsula who has risen from aeons of deathless sleep to trouble the affairs of men once more. Bragging rights to the first person to take a recon photo of this horror and make it back to base alive, and with their sanity intact ;-)

INSTALLATION:-

Simply unzip and drop the "KAMCHATKA" folder into your Wings over Europe/Terrain folder.

It is highly recommended that you install the files listed below or you will not get the full intended Kamchatka Krai experience

REQUIRED FILES:-

Groundobjects:-

CVN-75 by Digital Overload
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9684

TAKR Orjol by Gepard
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5497

TAKR Admiral Gorshkov by X-RAY
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5830

UdaloyI by China Insky Team
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10336

UdaloyII by China Insky Team
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10330

BRDM_SA-9 by rebelryder
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7740

SA-11 & SA-17 by 101tfs
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7627

ScudLauncher & Missile by bigal1
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6435

Soviet SAMs by gabilon
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3057

INCLUDED FILES:-

Core tileset by Deuces.  Additional transition tiles by Baltika.

Forests and Farms mod by Stary, extended to cover additional tiles

Doppler Radar Dome by grumpapotamus
I have modded this as a terrain object rather than a separate ground object.  The original readme file is included.  Thanks grumpapotamus ;-)

WW2 Subpens from WW2 Europe Terrain by Edward et al, modded for Soviet use.
Thanks to the original creator.

As ever, feedback, comments, bug-reports and general griping are most welcome. 

Tally-Ho!

Baltika

February 2010

Intrestering to note, that some of those ships you requested aren't even listed in Baltika's original. His only lists the

CVA-63 (Kittyhawk class, stock in WoV)

Koni's (DAT - removed)

OHP (DAT - removed)

SCB-125 (stock Essex from WoV)

Spruance (DAT - removed)

Udaloy's (insky - both still in the downloads)

SumnerFRAM (stock in WoV)

So, you want to ammend your statement? Why don't you just come out and say WHICH (and who's) version you're  using.

Just to let you know, any and all unauthorized changes on MY terrains, even for personal usage are NOT allowed. Just ready the statements in any/all of my terrain uploads.

I use Baltika's version of Kamchatka. (link provided). In fact I stopped to this first version, I was satified with it and I didn't search for other Kamchatka version. I think I was misunderstood. I didn't say that ALL those ships are from Baltika's Kamchatka terrain. It's a sum of all warships I found into type.ini files, from all my SF1 terrains and I just enumerated them to make a point , because that community member asked me what I am talking about.

Thanks for the links provided (I must admit, I was so eager to test the terrain, that I had a blank and didn't see all those links! I know, it's stupid). and rest assure, I won't even dare to cross you, in any way or try to anger you by modifying something that you specifically forbade. But if I will modify something by mistake or I'll do something stupid, please take into account that I am not doing this on purpose. (yeah, I know you don't care LOL). I hope you won't kill me on sight or ban me from this SF1 wonderful world... :)

Edited by UllyB

I see from the above posts that DAT has removed some of his warships from Combat Ace altogether, no wonder I could not find them.!!!!

Just a quick question, does anyone still make ships for use in SF 1 series games to replace those lost or make completely new classes of ships. ???

It would be a shame if what we have in the downloads section is the final list. !!!!

the DAT has removed EVERYTHING of theirs from here. all that remains are a few mods, that without their LODs are pretty much useless

what is there, is all there is. no one is making anything for 1stGens since 2010-ish.

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

the DAT has removed EVERYTHING of theirs from here. all that remains are a few mods, that without their LODs are pretty much useless

what is there, is all there is. no one is making anything for 1stGens since 2010-ish.

I take it that DAT is a selfish, childish individual if he is willing to do that and deny others the pleasure of using these mods.

What's up with him anyway, what prompted him to take such drastic action. ???

and a camel will go through the eye of a needle ...

just saying...