Gloster Meteor T.7 SF2 V.2

Gloster Meteor T.7

second improved version for SF2.

Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 

Install:
If you are here which means that you like old jets, and for sure you downloaded the previous pack already. 
You should have proper squadronlist.ini from the previous pack by paulopanz.

Fuel tanks- not to be afraid. Overwrite or just leave it. 100 gal tank is original TW tank. You can overwrite or just simply do not copy.
175 gal tank also.
Tanks are just ini files. Mod uses tanks that are part of aircraft lod.

This is highly modified Veltro2k model uploaded on CA somewhere in 2016 by paulopanz.

Some time ago few guys decided (because they have a chance to do so) to rework this pretty aircraft. So, first of all, thank you Veltro2k.

Although.

There is just very few original parts of an old model. Most of it was remodeled. Added bits here and there.
We changed mapping and we made new skins...and a lot of new stuff. You will see.

Of course, you could expect more skins. And if you are expecting more skins -  you will have to do it on your own. But templates are available. 

All skins are in 4096x4096 format. You can easily resize to needed resolution.  better to downsize than rescale to higher res.

For sure Israeli Meteor will be uploaded someday soon. WIP.

Credits.
Veltro2k  - original model
Me -  model rework and some other mambo jumbo, hangars.
 76.IAP-Blackbird - also model re-working.
Soulfreak  - skins.
bobrock  Weathering
Decals - soulfreak and some are borrowed from paulopanz pack.
Charles - original FM from original T.7 upload. 

Pilots - I have no idea / don't remember who did it. All credit to him/her.  - one of my favorites figures in a game - I've added this to correspond with the data file.

And yes the pack is huge - but we put a huge amount of work also.

Have fun
Report bugs.

Expect the unexpected

Jarek Hereda

THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

• Thanks 3

Whouaaaaaaa... :good:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yakarov79

View File Royal Meteors. 1944-1970.
      Royal Air Force Meteors. 
      Bunch of Meteors for the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy.
      This mod is not to compete with the previous Meteor mods that I was part of. It is just my, different approach.
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure, etc.) 
      Install:
      Copy and paste specific folders into the correct destination.
      A fake pilot is required to run this mod. Also, the Thirdwire Meteor cockpit is required from the original game. 
      Fuel tanks- not to be afraid. Overwrite or just leave it. 100 gal tank is the original TW tank. You can overwrite or just simply do not copy.
      175 gal tank also.
      Tanks are just ini files. The mod uses tanks that are part of aircraft lod.
      Yes, again Meteors. 
      But I made this revamp to fix what I wanted to fix for some time already in old models..plus a few new things.
      So we have 22 different (more or less) aircraft.
      F Mk.1 - first 12 production Meteors with Welland I engines.  Not all served in 616 Sq at the same time. Some were moved to RAE or Gloster Company for further development.
      F.Mk.3 - first 15 airframes with Welland I engine.
      F.Mk.3 - equipped with Derwent I engine.
      F.Mk.4 - High-Speed Record (Basically F.4 with long span wing from F.3 - Or F.3 with long Nacelles - depends on how you look at it - but serial is listed under F.4) - Anyway, bonus aircraft for speed record in 1945 and 1946.
      F.Mk.4 - fighter jet with Derwent 5 engines. 
      T.Mk.7 - two-seat training jet.
      F.8 -  represented in mod with 3 variants for the game. First with an early canopy hood. Then bubble canopy and the last one with a large bore engine intake...(mostly serials WK and WL...but at some point, you could have large intakes and early canopy...just a matter of when and where)
      FR.9  - fighter recon version in two variants early and late canopy.
      PR.10 - photo reconnaissance  version
      NF.11 - radar night /all-weather fighter 
      NF.13  - radar night /all-weather fighter with additional equipment for use in hot/tropical climate
      NF.12  - radar night /all-weather fighter 
      NF.14  - radar night /all-weather fighter 
      NF.14(trop) radar night /all-weather fighter with additional equipment for use in hot/tropical climates mostly prepared for No 60 Sq. But also served within units stationed in Great Britain.
      NF(T).14 - training version for Air Navigation Schools - Rebuild from NF.14 - no radar or armament.
      TT.20 - target tug aircraft with target sleeve for artillery practice (target sleeve is deployed as bomb bay doors - AI will open doors when approaching target).
      U.15 - target/research drone jet based on F.4 Meteor
      U.16 - target/research drone jet based on F.8 Meteor
      T7(TT) - separate version - target tug with target banner.  - Should start in the air in single mission editor - while AI is taking off it will lose the banner on an airstrip.

Tip...
      TT.20, U.15, U.16, and T.7(TT) are serving for nation=RAF but privately I have them as RAF-RED for 'training purposes' you can do that too, or screw this at all. Use it for your liking. I do not know how you are going to use those special aircraft...but it is here for general enjoyment. 
      While RAF did not have in mind using Meteors for a ground attack there was a possibility to equip them with non-guided rockets (F.8 and FR9) or bombs (F.4/F.8/FR.9). So you can do it...but I set primary/secondary mission only CAS and armed recon for FR.9...but you can always edit it your way.
      I fixed data files a little - collision points and hitboxes..as the previous ones were quite weird. But I believe that the flight model could be improved for this aircraft. But this is not my cup of tea nor coffee. 

All skins are in 4096x4096 format. You can easily resize as needed. Now all Meteors are using the same common color standard. Skins represent all squadrons that operationally used Meteors. Later at some point, after withdrawal many Meteors found some new home as squadron hacks..and could be found everywhere...almost. But those were single examples in specific markings. Those are not included in this mod. 
      I Made a bunch of decals. Some squadrons have special markings on the fin to represent commanding officer aircraft (usually the correct serial number for a specific year), and some do not. Mostly code letter is generic and do not correspond with real code assigned to serial number. But in a few skin sets it is as it should be. You will see. Explore.
      Also, RAF letters folder should be added to the Decals folder I know it is big but it gives slightly better quality with still small file size
      All correct serial numbers for every Meteor version. Excluded are numbers that never served within the Royal Air Force or were sold to other countries from RAF inventory.
      this gives us 2918 individual serial numbers (I believe that is the number never counted what I did).

There are many reasons why I have made things in this mod the way they are...versions, skins, and decals. A lot to explain but I doubt anyone wants to read about it anyway.
      Under no circumstances do not use any part of it with older Meteors done by me and published here in CA.
      These new ones have some differences in mapping. Some things were changed, some mapping issues and small thingies. So please do not mess up things. 

Credits.
      Veltro2k  - the original old model of t7 
      Yours truly  -  model rework, mambo jumbo like skins, decals, research...

No animal was harmed during the creation of this mod.
      Only Italian coffee was used, mod may contain cookie crumbs and nuts.
      Seat - all credits to the creator - unfortunately I don't remember who made this seat. I guess the skin was painted by Kulbit.
      Pilots - RAF pilot by Geezer another one I have no idea / don't remember who did it. All credit to him/her. 
      Weapons
      RP-3 rockets from Ravenclaw.
      This model is designed/checked only to work with Ravenclaw's RP-3 rockets - so there might be some strange positioning in other (stock) rockets.

During the creation of squadron patches, I might have used the wrong crown on squadron crests. (according to the squadron timeframe)Gaffe indeed.  All should have St. Edward's Crown but I am aware that some have Tudor Crown. It is not out of ignorance ...Hope this small faux pas can be forgiven.
      Have fun.
      Report bugs. *
      Expect the unexpected.
      Live long and prosper.
      Jarek Hereda
      THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE.
      UNDER THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

* report BIG bugs...If I misspelled something or forgot to add a sound file...for dog's sake try to fix it.  Not like this mod is using some ancient or extraterrestrial files..
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 12/17/2023 Category Meteor  
    • By yakarov79

View File Meteors. - Kongelige Danske Flyvevåbnet
      Royal Danish Air Force Meteors. 

This mod is not to compete with the previous Meteor mods that I was part of. It is just my, different approach.
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure, etc.) 
      Install:
      A fake pilot is required to run this mod. Also, the Thirdwire Meteor cockpit is required from the original game. 
      Fuel tanks- not to be afraid. Overwrite or just leave it. 100 gal tank is the original TW tank. You can overwrite or just simply do not copy.
      175 gal tank also.
      Yes, again Meteors. 
      But I made this revamp to fix what I wanted to fix for some time already in old models..plus a few new things.
      In the game under a prefix .KDF. * you will find Meteor F.4, F.8, NF.11, and TT20 that served in the Royal Danish Air Force.
      * Kongelige Danske Flyvevåbnet

TT.20 target tug works the same way as one in the RAF Meteors pack. 
      I fixed data files a little - collision points and hitboxes..as the previous ones were quite weird. But I believe that the flight model could be improved for this aircraft. But this is not my cup of tea nor coffee. 
      All skins are in 4096x4096 format. You can easily resize as needed. Now all Meteors are using the same common color standard. Skins represent all squadrons that operationally used Meteors. 
      Decals represent historically correct serial numbers assigned to aircraft during their service in the Danish Air Force.

Under no circumstances do not use any part of it with older Meteors done by me and published here in CA.
      These new ones have some differences in mapping. Some things were changed, some mapping issues and small thingies. So please do not mess up things. 

Credits.

Seat - all credits to the creator - unfortunately I don't remember who made this seat. I guess the skin was painted by Kulbit.
      Pilots - RAF pilot by Geezer another one I have no idea / don't remember who did it. All credit to him/her. 
      Weapons.
      All should have those RP-3 rockets in their installs but I am adding them anyways as those are the only ones that work with this aircraft lod.
      This model is designed/checked only to work with Ravenclaw's RP-3 rockets - so there might be some strange positioning in other (stock) rockets.

Have fun.
      Report bugs. *
      Expect the unexpected.
      Live long and prosper.
      Jarek Hereda

* report BIG bugs...If I misspelled something or forgot to add a sound file...for dog's sake try to fix it.  Not like this mod is using some ancient or extraterrestrial files..
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 12/25/2023 Category Meteor  
    • By yakarov79
      Royal Danish Air Force Meteors. 

Install:
      175 gal tank also.
      Yes, again Meteors. 
      In the game under a prefix .KDF. * you will find Meteor F.4, F.8, NF.11, and TT20 that served in the Royal Danish Air Force.
      * Kongelige Danske Flyvevåbnet

TT.20 target tug works the same way as one in the RAF Meteors pack. 
      All skins are in 4096x4096 format. You can easily resize as needed. Now all Meteors are using the same common color standard. Skins represent all squadrons that operationally used Meteors. 
      Decals represent historically correct serial numbers assigned to aircraft during their service in the Danish Air Force.

Credits.

Weapons.
      All should have those RP-3 rockets in their installs but I am adding them anyways as those are the only ones that work with this aircraft lod.

Have fun.
      Report bugs. *
      Expect the unexpected.
      Live long and prosper.
      Jarek Hereda

• By yakarov79
      Royal Air Force Meteors. 
      Bunch of Meteors for the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy.
      Install:
      175 gal tank also.
      Yes, again Meteors. 
      So we have 22 different (more or less) aircraft.
      F Mk.1 - first 12 production Meteors with Welland I engines.  Not all served in 616 Sq at the same time. Some were moved to RAE or Gloster Company for further development.
      F.Mk.3 - first 15 airframes with Welland I engine.
      F.Mk.3 - equipped with Derwent I engine.
      F.Mk.4 - High-Speed Record (Basically F.4 with long span wing from F.3 - Or F.3 with long Nacelles - depends on how you look at it - but serial is listed under F.4) - Anyway, bonus aircraft for speed record in 1945 and 1946.
      F.Mk.4 - fighter jet with Derwent 5 engines. 
      T.Mk.7 - two-seat training jet.
      F.8 -  represented in mod with 3 variants for the game. First with an early canopy hood. Then bubble canopy and the last one with a large bore engine intake...(mostly serials WK and WL...but at some point, you could have large intakes and early canopy...just a matter of when and where)
      FR.9  - fighter recon version in two variants early and late canopy.
      PR.10 - photo reconnaissance  version
      NF.11 - radar night /all-weather fighter 
      NF.13  - radar night /all-weather fighter with additional equipment for use in hot/tropical climate
      NF.12  - radar night /all-weather fighter 
      NF.14  - radar night /all-weather fighter 
      NF.14(trop) radar night /all-weather fighter with additional equipment for use in hot/tropical climates mostly prepared for No 60 Sq. But also served within units stationed in Great Britain.
      NF(T).14 - training version for Air Navigation Schools - Rebuild from NF.14 - no radar or armament.
      TT.20 - target tug aircraft with target sleeve for artillery practice (target sleeve is deployed as bomb bay doors - AI will open doors when approaching target).
      U.15 - target/research drone jet based on F.4 Meteor
      U.16 - target/research drone jet based on F.8 Meteor
      T7(TT) - separate version - target tug with target banner.  - Should start in the air in single mission editor - while AI is taking off it will lose the banner on an airstrip.

Tip...
      TT.20, U.15, U.16, and T.7(TT) are serving for nation=RAF but privately I have them as RAF-RED for 'training purposes' you can do that too, or screw this at all. Use it for your liking. I do not know how you are going to use those special aircraft...but it is here for general enjoyment. 
      While RAF did not have in mind using Meteors for a ground attack there was a possibility to equip them with non-guided rockets (F.8 and FR9) or bombs (F.4/F.8/FR.9). So you can do it...but I set primary/secondary mission only CAS and armed recon for FR.9...but you can always edit it your way.

All skins are in 4096x4096 format. You can easily resize as needed. Now all Meteors are using the same common color standard. Skins represent all squadrons that operationally used Meteors. Later at some point, after withdrawal many Meteors found some new home as squadron hacks..and could be found everywhere...almost. But those were single examples in specific markings. Those are not included in this mod. 
      I Made a bunch of decals. Some squadrons have special markings on the fin to represent commanding officer aircraft (usually the correct serial number for a specific year), and some do not. Mostly code letter is generic and do not correspond with real code assigned to serial number. But in a few skin sets it is as it should be. You will see. Explore.
      Also, RAF letters folder should be added to the Decals folder I know it is big but it gives slightly better quality with still small file size
      All correct serial numbers for every Meteor version. Excluded are numbers that never served within the Royal Air Force or were sold to other countries from RAF inventory.
      this gives us 2918 individual serial numbers (I believe that is the number never counted what I did).

There are many reasons why I have made things in this mod the way they are...versions, skins, and decals. A lot to explain but I doubt anyone wants to read about it anyway.

Credits.

Weapons

During the creation of squadron patches, I might have used the wrong crown on squadron crests. (according to the squadron timeframe)Gaffe indeed.  All should have St. Edward's Crown but I am aware that some have Tudor Crown. It is not out of ignorance ...Hope this small faux pas can be forgiven.
      Have fun.
      Report bugs. *
      Expect the unexpected.
      Live long and prosper.
      Jarek Hereda

• By yakarov79

View File Meteors Over Korea. SF2.
      Meteors Over Korea
      Bunch of Meteors for the Royal Australian Air Force used during the Korean War.
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 
      Install:
      Copy paste specific folders into a correct destination.
      Fake pilot is required to run this mod. Also, Thirdwire Meteor cockpit is required from the original game. 
      Fuel tanks- not to be afraid. Overwrite or just leave it. 100 gal tank is original TW tank. You can overwrite or just simply do not copy.
      175 gal tank also.
      Tanks are just ini files. Mod use tanks that are part of aircraft lod.
      Yes, again Meteors. 
      This is pack contains only F.8 and T.7 models used by RAAF.

All skins are in 4096x4096 format. You can easily resize to needed resolution.  better to downsize than rescale to higher res.
      All decals are based on available materials and are historically correct.  Few nose arts included.
      I've made skins sets per year regarding loses and reinforcements in 77Sq. between 1951-1953. I was trying to be accurate as possible even with all game limits.  Loses /  reinforcements are credited per year..so loses from 1951 are not seen in 52 - but new planes are available as reinforcements arrived. 

Credits.
      Veltro2k  - the original model early model.
      Me -  model rework into T.7 and F.8 and some other mambo jumbo like skins, decals, research...
       76.IAP-Blackbird - also T model re-working.
      Charles - original FM from original T.7 upload. 
      Nose art decals for Halestorm, Bow 'em Over, Cap'n Mac - from Kulbit's Gloster Meteor RAAF pack. 
      Seat - all credits o creator - unfortunately I don't remember who made this seat. I guess skin is by Kulbit.
      Pilots - I have no idea / don't remember who did it. All credit to him/her.  - one of my favorites figures in a game - I've added this to correspond with the data file.
      Weapons
      This model is designed/checked only to work with ravenclaw's RP-3 rockets - so might be some strange positioning in other (stock) rockets.

Have fun
      Report bugs.
      Expect the unexpected
      Jarek Hereda
      IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 02/20/2019 Category Meteor  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..