Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Date Ini Updates, Upgrades and Mods

While, eventually, each aircraft package WILL be getting the newer inis (hit box adjustment, armor upgrades, loadout adjustments, etc), this thread will be storing them for now

Mate !! a gargantuan task, I dont envy you one little bit.

For some reason, the Forum software won't let me move the existing posts to this thread. 

The link below, should if I'm lucky, lead you to the Tips and Tweeks Main Thread. I guess from there, just scroll down until you find the proper posts.

CLICK on the Arrow in the upper right corner, and it'll jump the Do-17Z post. From there, you can scroll down to the others.

The Aircraft you're looking for are:

Do-17z

Ju-88A1

RAF Mitchell II & III (B-25s)

ETO Beaufighters

FW-200

If one follows the other thread, PLEASE, add this (ie: replace) the DetectSystem section on the Beaufighter Mk.1 NF, early and late. The secitons defining the radar were left out!

copy/paste the text below directly over the existing:

[DetectSystem]
RadarName=
RadarType=
RangeUnit=NM
RadarAzimuthLimit=25
RadarElevationLimit=25
RadarSearchTime=3.0
RadarSearchRange=10
RadarSearchStrength=20
RadarTrackTime=7.0
RadarTrackRange=5
RadarTrackStrength=10
VisualBlindArc=5,6,7
VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L,12L
MaxVisibleDistance=9600.0
HasRWR=FALSE

Veltro's B-17.

Reminder: these are ETO only!!

B-17E

B-17F

B-17G

Fortress IIA (RAF, CC)

I've also taken the liberty of adding Crusader's bomb sight mod. While I'm not for having Player Flyable bombers (tm), we all do it. It's just that the game engine has serious issues with formations (2 A/C) and giving orders to wingmates (game lockup/crashing). But for girns and giggles, here it is. Cursader's readme is inside each of the aircraft's main folders. It gives "instruction on how to bomb". Good time to take them out and practice on the new WW2 Allied Bombing Range, eh??

It is easily de-activated by a few text edits

ww2_v2k_b17_tweeks.7z

b17_tweaks.jpg

• Thanks 1

This is for Russo's Tiger Moth. I like this one a lot; it's just a fun little bird!

sf2_ww2_tiger-moth.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This pack contains data inis for Cocas' Gloster Gladiator and Sea Gladiator (

Yes, the SeaGlad is carrier operational. Be aware, the cat's on the RN CVs are a little strong, and the aircraft will pitch up violently, but will remain under control (tested aboard HMS EAGLE)

sf2_eto_caf_gladiator-seagladiator.7z

• Thanks 1

this set is for Veltro's B-24D and B-24J. Again, ETO only.

also, included US Navy PB4Y-1 (D)

EDIT!!! I made a mistake, and uploaded an incomplete package!! I'd forgotten to add the Crusader Bombsight mod, AND forgot the include the PB4Y-1 (USN B-24D ETO) version.

My apologies, you'll have to re-download the zip file below

v2k_b24_tweaks.jpg

ww2_v2k_b24_tweeks.7z

• Thanks 1

For RussoUK Bf-109E series. Data inis for the following ETO used variants:

Bf-109E-3

Bf-109E-4

Bf-109E-7

please note, the E-7 does not have the Baff FM. It's "'as issued"" from some year ago. The others have a Baff FM, as far as I know

ww2_russo_bf109e.7z

russos_bf109e_series.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This set is for MontyCZ's Avia S-99 (Bf-109G), and the 3 WW2 variants we have been using it for..

Bf-109F4

Bf-109G6-AS

Bf-109G10

I do not remember if there have been any FM improvements. You'll have to test fly for yourselves

(If there are other made from Monty's S-99.lod, please PM me with a link, and I'll give them a go.) 

These data ini adjustments can also be used on the Czech (real) S-99 as well. I have the S-199 'Mule' for CzAF and Israeli use done, too. Just not sure where to upload them

mcz_s99_109series.jpg

ww2_eto_mcz_109_series.7z

• Thanks 1

This pack is for the RAF heavy bombers

Halifax B2

Halifax B3

Lancaster Mk.1

Stirling Mk.1

Hudson Mk.1

please note, I've given the Lanc an "ASV" style radar, but I"m not positive the mk.1 had it, as there's no ASV scanner on the lower fuselage. to remove it, you'll have to remove the radar statements from the avionics ini (which has the Crusader bomb sight mod -- so don't remove that section!!). As I got dumb and forgot to create a backup copy. You may wish to backup the original avionics ini, if you're so inclined. I've also included my Lanc "Box Art" hangar and loading screens; didn't remember if the original upload had these.

The Hudson could use some new skins, as I'm not sure the colors are correct. When I get around to the PTO RAAF version, I plan on redoing the skin, and making proper, historical serial numbers. But for now... <gr>

ww2_v2k_raf_heavies_tweeks.7z

raf_heavies.jpg

• Thanks 1

This is for 2 of Wolf257's P-38 Lightnings, again for ETO usage

P-38H

P-38J

a reminder, these are exceedingly OLD models (dated 2004); they have a number of flaws, like no moving surfaces, mapping issues and various other things. But, until if and when (also not likely) we get new Lightning variants, these are what we have.

Finally added are the long missing outer wing fuel tanks. 

eto_ww2_wolf_lightnings.7z

eto_wolf_p381.jpg

• Thanks 1

This pack contains new data ini for Wolf257's ETO used Mustang Family. It includes both RAF and USAAF versions. I've included his P-51D-30, simply for historical reason.

If anyone feels the need, I'll be happy to upload the ENTIRE set of Wolf's Pony; they are and should be still available in the SF/Wo* WW2 Aircraft/Allied Fighters downloads section

Aircraft are:

Allison Powered --

Mustang I

Mustang IA **

(**please note, while equipped with 4 20mm cannon, there are NO barrels extending from the wings. If a 3d guy wants to build them, I'll attach them via fake pilot) 

Merlin Powered:

P-51B/C (standard canopy)

P-51B/C (Malcom Hood)

Mustang III (Malcom Hood)

P-51D-30 (bubble top)

AvHistory Allison and Merlin sounds are included. FM for the B/C/D are based off the 3W P-51D from the Expansion Pack. While not perfect, they are better than they were.

eto_wolf_mustangs.jpg

eto_ww2_wolf_mustangs.7z

• Thanks 1