MigBuster

Top Gun Maverick

...........the need for speed against those F-16s the Navy uses haha

I may be get critisized but in my opinion the only plane that has the character and the aura of the F-14 is the F-15...The superbug looks too soft to my eyes..but i guess it is  just me...You bet i will watch the movie :biggrin:

Edited by BlitzGreek

14 minutes ago, BlitzGreek said:

You bet i will watch the movie :biggrin:

OH yes.......... loved the flight scenes in TOP GUN, throwing those F-14's around like the A-4's they were up against at Miramar was very inspiring, even though it was just a Hollywood movie. Unfortunately the dialogue in the movie was a bit naff.

Errrr......I think I will just take a shower.!!!!!! 

My only hope is that it doesn't suck completely.  If it's watchable, I'll consider that a win.

• Like 3

Let's say that 32 years after the original movie is a bit forced that Maverick is still a pilot ... in the best case it should be CAG in an aircraft carrier ... although the most logical thing is that he was an instructor in NAS Fallon :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Tom's first movie since parting ways with the church of scientology. The outcome is crapshoot.

Let's wait and see................. could be good............or could be crap.      :flyer: 

I will certainly watch it once, and if it's any good I may even buy the DVD. 

He's still in the Navy 32 years on and driving a Super-Bug now?

Ok... he "Feels the need for... not quite as much speed"  :wheelchair:

Craig

Edited by fallenphoenix1986
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I love the Navy trying to take a dig at my beloved Air Force...but at the tweet says, we know nothing about 2nd place. 

F-15  - 104-0

And if they screw this movie they will be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong. 

large.img00154.JPG.fe54efe721dbba548b521

large.img00155.JPG.7cf41553bf8f09871be29

So we 'know' Maverick is going to be in the front seat of an F\A-18F, but who is going to be his RIO?

a) Merlin* 

b) Some young kid who Maverick sees a lot of himself in

c) A hot female flier who's probably young enough to be his daughter

d) Your suggestions

*Tim Robbins is 59 and Tom Cruise is 55, so the combined age of the crew would be 114 years old!

Edited by allenjb42

If Tom Skerritt (84 y.o.) AKA Viper or James Tolkan (86 y.o.) AKA Stinger makes a re-appearance all bets are off on this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm quite looking forward to it. Yes there will be mistakes, some obvious no doubt, but hey...it's Top Gun for peaches sake - fast jets and action. What's not to like! 👍😀

hmm 

Kenny Loggins Will Re-Record Danger Zone for Top Gun 2

Danger Zone anchored the original Top Gun soundtrack when it was released in 1986. The single reached number two on the Billboard singles chart and the Top Gun soundtrack went on to become the highest selling soundtrack of the 80s and remains one of the highest selling movie soundtracks ever to this day. It's synonymous with the movie and it would be tough to imagine them doing the sequel without featuring the song in some way. Fans can only hope this new version turns out better than the Fall Out Boy Ghostbusters theme did.

https://movieweb.com/top-gun-2-kenny-loggins-danger-zone/

That's going to be interesting. Then and now.

Val-Kilmer-696x464.jpg

On 5/31/2018 at 8:24 PM, SgtSaunders said:

Let's say that 32 years after the original movie is a bit forced that Maverick is still a pilot ... in the best case it should be CAG in an aircraft carrier ... although the most logical thing is that he was an instructor in NAS Fallon :pilotfly:

or a Reservist.

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

or a Reservist.

a retired old guy working as a contractor

maybe.....

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, Skyviper said:

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, Dave said:

Yeah, I love the Navy trying to take a dig at my beloved Air Force...but at the tweet says, we know nothing about 2nd place. 

F-15  - 104-0

And if they screw this movie they will be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong. 

the trick being to pick second rate opposition.....

:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Erik said:

Don't worry they can do wonders with CGI these days..just look what they did with Carrie Fisher in Rogue One :biggrin:

vk1.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/06/2018 at 11:33 PM, Erik said:

Val-Kilmer-696x464.jpg

Blimey he looks well knackered, I can't see them strapping him into a F-18  without putting incontinence pants (nappies) on him first. !!!

Now I can see why he has not been playing lead roles in many blockbuster movies for a while. You can't fight time and old age, no matter who you are or how much money you've got. !!!

Sad really, I thought he was a good actor in his day but unfortunately the grim reaper is catching up with him, as he is with all of us who are over the hill and heading for the door. :smile: