Just a bit confused..I'm trying to reinstall the Korean air War mod on a new HD and is the Korea 3 terrain the proper one to use I see it's from Wrench but I think before I used a different version..Thanks for not laughing..just don't want to muck it up

Better use the terrain which is included in the complete pack. Adding an another terrain (of the same region) you may experience bugs or crashes.

if it's the package by Do-335, that's basicly the correct terrain (Korea3) IIRC, he made a few small changes. It's the one to use

This is a question on the installation of the same package and I apologize in advance if this is a breach of etiquette but since it's a very current discussion I'll take a shot anyway. 

I've been away from SF-2 for quite a while and I am able to get through the set up of the new folders,  and change the mod files but when it came to modifying the .ini files I'm at a loss. The instruction says:

" Mod specific .ini configs
a. In your SF2 installation directory where all the game .exe resides, make a copy of StrikeFighters2 Israel.ini (or any other similar ini) and rename it StrikeFighters2 Korea.ini. Open the newly created .ini and find the following: "

I can't find or remember where to find these .ini files.  I've installed many of these (Falklands, Iran-Iraq, Red Storm, Norway, Darius, etc) so I must have found them in the past but can't now. 

I'm using Windows 10.

Sorry for the dumb question. I appreciate your patience.......

should be in the base folder of the core files

mind you, I'm winge7, so your 10 pathway may be slightly different ----

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2

the ini to be used/made will (should) reside in there..

sf2 exes and inis.jpg

Thanks, Wrench. I have that file but the only thing in it is First Eagles like in yours. Must be hidden someplace else.........

It seems to work just fine without that step so I'll just go with it.

Thanks again.