AV-8B Harrier II - SF2. ver.2019

AV-8B Harrier II. 

This is my humble rework of AV-8B.

Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 

It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.

Around 2 years ago - January 2016 -  KillerBee approach me with the possibility of updating bobrock's harrier.  After some time, we had prepared the updated file ready for upload. Small changes here and there corrected few things. And great skins by Killerbee.

And then KillerBee disappeared from CA forum. Honestly, up to now, I have no contact with him. last - 4th May 2016. 

So harrier stayed on drive waiting for his comeback. But .... I couldn't resist...And iI started to mod this again. Since I had no KB skin templates I had to do all new skins...and more.

So now I am here...

It ended with a new cockpit and a whole set of new skins and decals on whole remodeled 'old' Harrier. - there is no single part of an original model that hasn't be touched/remodeled etc.

First of all...If you want to count rivets....Do not. 

Many things could be done other way....but I did it my way. So you have to bear with it.

All skins are in 4096x4096 format. So you can easily resize down. If you have problems running this in game. Resize skins to lower resolutions

Decals are based on my and KillerBee research. All serials are correct for the first version of Harrier II. Not always (but mostly) correct for a unit/year of service etc.

Big Thanks to Ravenclaw - He send me file with new ALQ-164 pod. Now it is part of the upload. 

You will find separate upload soon with Operation Desert Storm skins and decals - Only units that participated in the operation.

For some reason, I have added weapons that are present in Loadout.ini. 

Animations:

1= canopy open - close

4= refueling probe - beware of a speed limit

************************************************************************************

for proper sound work you should add these lines into soundlist.ini

SoundFilexxx=xxxx
SoundFileXXX=USMComm_1
SoundFileXXX=Equalizer

[Equalizer]
Priority=NORMAL
Looped=TRUE
NumBuffers=2
3DSound=TRUE
DopplerEffect=FALSE
MaxDist=1000.000000
MinDist=100.000000
InsideConeAngle=360
OutsideConeAngle=360
ConeOutsideVolume=100

[USMComm_1]
Priority=NORMAL
3DSound=FALSE
NumBuffers=1
Looped=TRUE
FrequencyControl=FALSE

************************************************************************************

Credits.

Me - whole sort of strange things - model-re-model, new cockpit, skins, decals, ini files etc.

Ravenclaw - BRU-42 ITER models. ALQ-164 model, weapons.

331Killerbee - ideas, good words, research primary work on skins and decals, work on ini files, loadouts, effects etc.

Crusaders - help with avionics ini.

bobrock- original 3d model - Thank you and thanks to KillerBee.

Sounds taken from sources offering free sound samples.

Thanks to a lot of people who helped me with this mod...Stratos, Crusader, Geary, gurru, Soulfreak,76.IAP-Blackbird, and others.

Thank you all CA users.

Yes I know its huge  - but I couldn't make it smaller.

Be sure to download all 4 parts and optionally - ODS skins/decals set.

Enjoy. I enjoyed it much when making this pack. 

Expect unexpected.

Report bugs.

Suggest changes.

Reference:

AV-8 TACTICAL MANUAL NWP 3-22.5-AV8B vol.I

AV-8 TACTICAL MANUAL NWP 3-22.5-AV8B vol.II

NATOPS FLIGHT MANUAL NAVY MODEL AV-8B/TAV-8B 161573 AND UP AIRCRAFT

NATOPS FLIGHT MANUAL A1-AV8BB-NFM-000 (June 1983)

a whole bunch of marines dedicated websites - that I can't remember now.

seaforces.org

gonavy.jp

navysite.de

tailspintopics.blogspot.com

Squadron Signal: 1058 Harrier in Action.

Squadron Signal: No.209 AV-8 Harrier in action

SAM Publications: US Marines AV-8B Harrier II 

Aircraft Ilustrated.Special:  Harrier

Harrier Inside and Out by Mark Attril

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
Any persons wishing to make further modifications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
Bribes and donations are accepted;

THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.

Kind regards.

Jarek Hereda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

My most sincere congratulations, it's one of the best jobs I've seen in the simulator

:drinks:

15 hours ago, yakarov79 said:
This is my humble rework of AV-8B.

You're kidding, right? THIS... IS... AWESOME! Such amazing quality! Proper good job, mate!

Just wondering, are you planning to make the AV-8B+ too, with Spanish and Italian Navy skins maybe? But take your well deserved rest now. It's summertime! 

TAV-8B, AV-8BNA, AV-8B+ then..we will see. Royal Harriers.

• Like 5

Smashing job sir!. Hearty congratulations on the release!

Beauty... full !!! :good:

Hello guys,

For some reasons, i can't use this mod on my install, the sim loads until 80 - 90%, then i can hear the ingame sound, but image is still locked on the loading screen. Do you have any idea?

Great work Jarek! :good:

Can´t wait for the AV-8B+ for the Italian Marina

13 hours ago, stuntman said:

Hello guys,

For some reasons, i can't use this mod on my install, the sim loads until 80 - 90%, then i can hear the ingame sound, but image is still locked on the loading screen. Do you have any idea?

Halve the size of the skins.

Updated a few things in the cockpit and external LOD. Changes in loadouts, main Data, some small changes on skins. Some new sounds. Generally fixed a lot of small things. 

Added Ravenclaw's ALQ-164 pod. It is part of the main aircraft lod. Thank you! 

You can download only patch 2.0 if you have already the file from V1. Although I recommend downloading the whole pack again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Hawker Harrier Mk.51 - Fuerza Aérea del Perú
      Hawker Harrier Mk.51 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire Harrier GR.1 to give a fictional Harrier Mk.51 as it might have appeared when in service with the Fuerza Aérea del Perú. Fictional markings are included for Escuadrón Aéreo 112 and Escuadrón Aéreo 113. 
      You will need to have SF2:E for the Harrier LOD's which are not included. For the record, this mod uses a little bit (more) artistic licence from me in so much that Fuerza Aérea del Perú aircraft normally only have a roundel on the port upper wing but I've applied it to both wings upper and lower.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 20th, 2023
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 10/03/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Hawker Harrier Mk.51 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire Harrier GR.1 to give a fictional Harrier Mk.51 as it might have appeared when in service with the Fuerza Aérea del Perú. Fictional markings are included for Escuadrón Aéreo 112 and Escuadrón Aéreo 113. 
      You will need to have SF2:E for the Harrier LOD's which are not included. For the record, this mod uses a little bit (more) artistic licence from me in so much that Fuerza Aérea del Perú aircraft normally only have a roundel on the port upper wing but I've applied it to both wings upper and lower.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 20th, 2023
    • By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Hawker Harrier Mk.59 'Argentina'
      Hawker Harrier Mk.59 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of wpnssgt's cracking little AV-8S 'Matador' to give a fictional Harrier Mk.59 as it might have appeared in service with the Comando de Aviación Naval Argentina and fictional markings are included for 3ra Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque (3rd Fighter/Attack Squadron).

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Harrier59 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Harrier59 folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the Tank_AV8S_COAN folder into your Weapons folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Massive thanks to wpnssgt for the 3D model. Having only joined this community in early 2008 I'm guessing that this predates the Harrier contained in Wings Over Europe and, if so, then fair play - it's a beaut! As I've said before, "there's gold in them thar archives"!
      Thanks also to C5 for the FM and to Sundowner for the skin.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 27/05/2020
      Version 1 - 10/10/2010 

Submitter Spinners Submitted 10/10/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Hawker Harrier Mk.59 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of wpnssgt's cracking little AV-8S 'Matador' to give a fictional Harrier Mk.59 as it might have appeared in service with the Comando de Aviación Naval Argentina and fictional markings are included for 3ra Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque (3rd Fighter/Attack Squadron).

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Harrier59 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Harrier59 folder into your Decals folder.
      3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the Tank_AV8S_COAN folder into your Weapons folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Massive thanks to wpnssgt for the 3D model. Having only joined this community in early 2008 I'm guessing that this predates the Harrier contained in Wings Over Europe and, if so, then fair play - it's a beaut! As I've said before, "there's gold in them thar archives"!
      Thanks also to C5 for the FM and to Sundowner for the skin.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - 27/05/2020
      Version 1 - 10/10/2010 

• By Soulfreak

View File AV-8B Plus Harrier II (Marina Militare)
      AV-8B Plus Harrier Marina Militare
      This is the AV-8B Plus Harrier in service with the Italian navy. 
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) A fake pilot is needed to run this mod. 
      It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.

Skin is in 4096x4096 format. So you can easily resize down.  If you have problems running this in game. Resize skins to lower resolutions
      All serials are correct for the Italian version of Harrier II. 
      Animations:
      1= canopy open - close
      4= refueling probe - beware of a speed limit
      3= night vision mode - not really helping but it is there - inside and outside animation.
      You can exlplore ini files for some additional features like in cockpit "FLIR" feed on HUD .
      AAQ-28 can be loaded only on station number 5 and centerline
      AIM-120 can be loaded only on stations 2 and 6.
      ECM also activates RWR on digital display indicator - even if ECM pod is not loaded.
      If you have yakarov79´s AV-8B Harrier already  - some files are same so simply overwrite. 
      for proper sound work you should add these lines into soundlist.ini

SoundFileXXX=USMComm_1
      SoundFileXXX=Equalizer
      [Equalizer]
      Priority=NORMAL
      Looped=TRUE
      NumBuffers=2
      3DSound=TRUE
      DopplerEffect=FALSE
      MaxDist=1000.000000
      MinDist=100.000000
      InsideConeAngle=360
      OutsideConeAngle=360
      ConeOutsideVolume=100
      SoundFileXXX=USMComm_1
      [USMComm_1]
      Priority=NORMAL
      3DSound=FALSE
      NumBuffers=1
      Looped=TRUE
      FrequencyControl=FALSE

Credits.
      Me - Skin, Decals & ini dance
      yakarov79 - whole sort of strange things - model-re-model, new cockpit, templates, ini files etc.
      Ravenclaw - BRU-42 ITER models. ALQ-164 model, weapons.
      AAQ-28 Pod- I don't remember who made this model - all credits to him and thank you.
      331Killerbee - ideas, good words, work on ini files, loadouts, effects etc.
      Crusaders - who helped yakarov79 with avionics ini.
      Sounds taken from sources offering free sound samples.
      bobrock- the original first version of the standard model

Schapen, Nov. 24th 2019
      Carlo "Soulfreak" Vecchi
      THIS MODE IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE.
      IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT
      Submitter Soulfreak Submitted 11/24/2019 Category AV-8  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..